Thread: Stock Receiver relocated and sealed?

Default Stock Receiver relocated and sealed?

Hey guys, my receiver works fairly well, but I'm worried about water and I hate that its attached to the hatch. Has anybody relocated it and sealing it better then the stock ballon. How about epoxy or sylicon?
    Pro Boat Apache 24 Brushless, Thunder Cat 31
    AquaCraft SV27, AqauCraft UL-1

Heres what i do with all my receivers... i take them apart and spray the boards with a coat of corrosion X spray and dab the excess off with a paper towel and then put it back in it's case and in a balloon if you wish... I did this with a receiver and esc and put it under water out of there cases and they ran under water after this treatment with no problems!

You may be able to use WD40 if you don't have carrosion X .
    :p What go faster that's what I like to do!
    Custom RC radio steering grips
    WWW.PPRSLOTS.COM

Quote Originally Posted by SweetZ28 View Post
    Heres what i do with all my receivers... i take them apart and spray the boards with a coat of corrosion X spray and dab the excess off with a paper towel and then put it back in it's case and in a balloon if you wish... I did this with a receiver and esc and put it under water out of there cases and they ran under water after this treatment with no problems!

You may be able to use WD40 if you don't have carrosion X .
    that sounds good, but I'm thinking about epoxying the case shut or something permanent. Maybe a very small topourware container just to fit the receiver in and silicone the wire that com out. Humm I don't know what to do yet.

Quote Originally Posted by brad65 View Post
    that sounds good, but I'm thinking about epoxying the case shut or something permanent. Maybe a very small topourware container just to fit the receiver in and silicone the wire that com out. Humm I don't know what to do yet.
    Buy the waterproof box for the traxxas slash that should work.
    WWW.PPRSLOTS.COM

Quote Originally Posted by SweetZ28 View Post
    Buy the waterproof box for the traxxas slash that should work.

Nah,,, I made my own LOL. I'm loving this mod game. My wife has so many little sealed containers I found a small one just the size of the receiver. Before I installed everything and sealed the wires with Welder Glue(love that stuff) I took apart the receiver and used a rust proofing oil spray. I'm making my own Blackjack 24 Jr hehe. I also relocated the antenna to a fixed location out back and epoxyed a pin down style latch. I tested it today and everything worked great no water in or around the receiver and I can remove the hatch without pulling on the antenna.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by brad65; 04-14-2009 at 05:12 PM.

That should work alot of guy's do the same for scale trail runner 4X4 trucks so mud and water don't get on the electronics.
    WWW.PPRSLOTS.COM