Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BLACKJACK 26 Brushless Catamaran RTR

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    Guys;

The SV had some major growing pains when it first came out as well , Mine had 2 speed controllers go before I got a reliable one from Aquacraft as well as 1 motor that just died
    Just read some of the many forums out there and a lot of people considered them to be junk as well.

:)
    Well I might have to agree with the term JUNK If I have to return items several times and send things back and forth until THEY GET IT RIGHT and it performs as it is it is supposed to, I would consider it junk When I buy something that is new I don't want a bunch of hassle to GET IT RIGHT. QUALITY CONTROL IS PART OF QUALITY AS WELL!!!!
    Last edited by ROOSTERTAIL; 06-22-2007 at 10:48 AM.

46.5.......14 cells.........u-jointed strudder?????

Yup, Don't always need to spend a lot of $$$$$ to go fast. So far things are holding together :p

i cant wait to see this thing in action........ hope it runs as good as she looks
    60% of the time... it works every time!

Is the 45amp ESC the same as the SV-27 and made by Great Planes with two Ultra connectors in series for 12-14 cells?

Quote Originally Posted by Doozie870 View Post
    Sign me up for one, Id rather not turn, than flip.
    LOL! I thought you liked the Super Flips?

Yes, I do like the look of it. I just wish they would've done away with the strudder.

I love em, its like taking candy from a baby.

So, has anyone heard when they will be available?

I emailed horizon, they replied with this...

Quote Originally Posted by Horizon Hobbies

Dear Mr. Schumbrecht,

Thank you for your inquiry. Our system shows that we expect to
    receive our first shipment of Blackjack 26 Brushless RTRs (PRB3300) some
    time around the beginning of September.

Sincerely,
    Horizon Hobby Sales
    That's funny, I quoted them! lol
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Hey, it looks cool, it's brushless, it's 300 bucks. Let's wait and see what happens when it comes out before we judge it to much.

Also, wanted to add...I have one of the ORIGINAL SV27's. Yes, I was that guy at my LHS the day they came in. I have not had one single problem, or issue. Great boat.

We have some on order. Cant wait to see how they run.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

maybe I had better clarify why i called them projunk, some scale modelers here got Proboats classic runabout EP, they brought them to the lake and the wood was delaminated, the speed controls didnt work, and when they sent it back it took them four months to even look at them! then they told our LHS guy that there are only two of them that work at proboat, and they would get to them when they had time. to me thats just wrong! when the guys got them back, the boats looked slightly better then when they left, finish was poor, hatch did not fit properly and the speed controls still didn't work! After seeing those examples I never even gave them a second glance. maybe their quality has come up since then,but I dont know.

I here ya.....I've had two proboats in my time. Neither one was perfect, but both where right inline with what I paid.

I for one think as long as we can get around 30MPH out of it on 12 cells, it's all good.

But of course 2 questions beg....How many cells or lipos can I cram in this thing, and how many can it really handle!!!! :D

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepers View Post
    maybe I had better clarify why i called them projunk, some scale modelers here got Proboats classic runabout EP, they brought them to the lake and the wood was delaminated, the speed controls didnt work, and when they sent it back it took them four months to even look at them! then they told our LHS guy that there are only two of them that work at proboat, and they would get to them when they had time. to me thats just wrong! when the guys got them back, the boats looked slightly better then when they left, finish was poor, hatch did not fit properly and the speed controls still didn't work! After seeing those examples I never even gave them a second glance. maybe their quality has come up since then,but I dont know.

I will hold off on buying mine untill I have seen some results. Keeping in tradition with what I do to all my boats, The factory electrics will be pulled and replaces with a Feigao, Hex and Spektrum system. Love the hull and paint. I may even paint the Jolly somthing like it for a team look.

Quote Originally Posted by saleens7 View Post
    only 21,600rpms unloaded....it better use an abnormally large prop....i can tell right away it will never be as good quality as the supervee...and why no interior shots...hmmmmm...are they trying to hide something?
    never judge a book by its cover.
    How can you make that assumption from just a couple of pictures.
    IF YOU RECALL the super vee had quite a lot of manufacturing problems when it started out.
    Please Think about your post before you make a assumption.
    EYEKANDYGRAPHICS

www.rclipos.com

ill give them a chance.....but have you even owned a proboat before?
    saleens7, the wookie of rc boating

yes . i own 2 of there controllers and have had them for over 5 years.
    I also owned a proboat shokwave way back when and like it quite a bit,
    EYEKANDYGRAPHICS

www.rclipos.com

i have the SW36 as well....i guess you were one of the lucky ones....many people have had different experiences with them....some of them ran great...others..not as well....why do you think my proboat's being converted to electric?

because you don't have any gas boats.
    EYEKANDYGRAPHICS

www.rclipos.com

ummm...no...

ill just make a list

-broke flex shaft
    -fuel tank leaked
    -carb came loose during a run and spewed fuel everywhere
    -pressure fitting on exhaust stripped (its threaded?)
    -boat would never go over 1/3 throttle, even if i held it at WOT
    -rudder broke
    -servo stripped
    -fuel nipple on carb came lose, i tightened it...losened up again during the run
    -drive dog kept on coming loose from the pro shaft
    -everytime i tried to adjust needle settings, it just ran worse..leaner or richer...didnt matter
    -all 4 screws on the backplate stripped when i tried to take them off
    -the radio system glitched like crazy
    -every other time i ran it i had to replace the glow plug because it was running too rich, but if i leaned it out a bit, it would stall the second i put it in the water
    -i accidentally left fuel in the tank overnight...emptied into the hull
    -fuel tank cap leaked so pressure was lost
    -carb kept coming loose!!!

thats pretty much it

ok lets take a step back. you got this boat for free and this boat was used quite alot.
    any how. back to the topic.
    EYEKANDYGRAPHICS

www.rclipos.com

wait....are you talking about the SW26 or SW36....in talking about the SW36...the 26 runs ok...the motor does get pretty hot though....

Pro Boat is great... Pro Boat is bad... Who cares. I own 2 Pro Boats, and I like them both! I'm still gonna be one if the first to get this BL BJ!

Is it September yet?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by saleens7 View Post
    why do you think my proboat's being converted to electric?
    Nitro sucks!!

Mostly in a boat!
    Stinky, dirty, messy!!

Nothing good about them!!

My black jack is a convert.
    And I love it!!

I Have One On Order

My LHS had the Mini-V on the shelf the day before they were available online. I hope, since it's the same mfg, that I will be able to do the same with the BJ.

Quote Originally Posted by hkusp45 View Post
    Nitro sucks!!

Mostly in a boat!
    Stinky, dirty, messy!!

Nothing good about them!!

My black jack is a convert.
    And I love it!!
    I have been told that you can add different scents to the nitro fuel.

That fixes "stinky", but you can't fix'em all!

The only issue I have ever had with ProBoat ShockWave 36 was a few that were damaged in shipping. They have been very good. Sounds like you got a lemon.

Someone mentioned problems with the proboat esc, the rc hydro's is my number one selling brushed esc, second is the proboat one. I have had 2 proboat esc returns in about 2 years of selling them! Considering the numbers that left here. Its got a great track record in my book.

Proboat has served the boating community rather well over the last couple of years. Before ProBoat released the ShockWave 36, a boat this size and quality was easily 2-3 times the cost.

As far as I'm concerned ANY fiberglass rtr boat in the sub 300 price range that's half decent is a step in the right direction at this time! I remember the days when a fast out of the box rtr boat did 20mph!

I will wait to reserve my thoughts on the BL26 until I test on for myself.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Vaccaro View Post
    The only issue I have ever had with ProBoat ShockWave 36 was a few that were damaged in shipping. They have been very good. Sounds like you got a lemon.

Someone mentioned problems with the proboat esc, the rc hydro's is my number one selling brushed esc, second is the proboat one. I have had 2 proboat esc returns in about 2 years of selling them! Considering the numbers that left here. Its got a great track record in my book.

Proboat has served the boating community rather well over the last couple of years. Before ProBoat released the ShockWave 36, a boat this size and quality was easily 2-3 times the cost.

As far as I'm concerned ANY fiberglass rtr boat in the sub 300 price range that's half decent is a step in the right direction at this time! I remember the days when a fast out of the box rtr boat did 20mph!

I will wait to reserve my thoughts on the BL26 until I test on for myself.
    Well said Steve, many newbies criticize RTR boats after their purchase because they fail to understand their limitations. They are built to a price point and do not offer the advantage of you buying a bare hull and then installing what you want ..at a great cost..custom boats will cost you $600 minimum.
    I purchased an RTR boat to start of with and it was a great learning curve.
    As I had no idea of centre of gravity, ESC limitations, and triming a boat with trim tabs, rudder position,flotation,batteries, props, direct drive, gearbox, etc.
    The SV27 is a great example of what can be done at a price point, but people will gripe of faults with that design!
    Doug
    Last edited by Flying Scotsman; 06-27-2007 at 04:18 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast