Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BLACKJACK 26 Brushless Catamaran RTR

Default BLACKJACK 26 Brushless Catamaran RTR

I want one of these! Steven, will you be carrying these?

Last edited by Diegoboy; 06-21-2007 at 05:01 PM.
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

this thing is sweeeeeet
    60% of the time... it works every time!

its about time proboat finally went brushless....i just hope they put some more work into this then their other products...it hate to see such a good thing end up having the infamous proboat bugs...the steerable outdrive and u-joint will probably need to be replaced by a better quality strut and rudder if its going to last...
    saleens7, the wookie of rc boating

the motor is only 1500 kv probly would run in the low 30s

only 21,600rpms unloaded....it better use an abnormally large prop....i can tell right away it will never be as good quality as the supervee...and why no interior shots...hmmmmm...are they trying to hide something?

i was kina thinkin the same thing....... really wanted to see the inside of her

and its only using a 40mm prop....i just chcked out the batts they use for it....turns out they are IB3600's and 4200's

well if its anything like is cousin the nitro.......speeds much faster than this make the bopat very unstable

Wow. I guess you two are excited about it too! :D
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

its nice but it would be nicer if the made a blackjack 36

Quote Originally Posted by Diegoboy View Post
    Wow. I guess you two are excited about it too! :D
    i know how proboats lack in quality...the whole reason im converting my SW36 to brushless is because it never ran right, new problems popped up every time i tried to run it...i doubt this will be any different....

Pro Boat's First brushless product, and you guys already have your doubts. Give'em the benefit of the doubt at least.

I have doubts with pro boats history in the area of electronics quality. Well time will tell.

i dont doubt it at all.... im excited more rtr brushless products are coming out.....this will help the sport just as much at the sv.......... i have been waiting for a rtr brushless cat to come out....... this is the first one worth checking out......all other cats are just toys ie the volan

You are all true, yes the strudder, u-joints and electronics are terrible buuuuut, at least it's another player in the BL market. FE needs more attention so that more innovations can be designed and implemented. Gotta love Proboats marketing guys......boat looks like it flies.....hmm.......strudder / u-joints......that's one of its biggest speed limiting factors. Yes, I've had them.

its about time projunk came out with a brushless boat! its to bad that you wil probably have to modify it to be reliable, atleast the SV you can drive it out of the box and not really ever do any thing to it.

luv the graphics,much better than the nitro version-hope they hold up better.

It looks pretty. I wonder if Namba will have a special class for it?

Here's a few pics of the inside.
    Interior Pics

Who'd a thought the manual would have pics of it's inside. lol

I have seen a couple of these go through, but not nearly for that price. almost double that with RTR.

Love the colors. I'll be picking one up. It's gona ba a cat house here:D.

Sign me up for one, Id rather not turn, than flip.

I'm getting one too. It's even in my colors already

Go Chargers! not :p

Looks good to me! Yes the drive train will need to be addressed but we have already done all the home work!! My converted one is super stable and super fast Should bring a few more into the FE world!!
    Last edited by hkusp45; 06-25-2007 at 07:25 PM.

I shouldn't give Proboat such a hard time, I have beached WOT several times with their ABS hulls and they have held up decent. Plus it's my rescue boat, so I do rely on her.

Guys;

The SV had some major growing pains when it first came out as well , Mine had 2 speed controllers go before I got a reliable one from Aquacraft as well as 1 motor that just died
    Just read some of the many forums out there and a lot of people considered them to be junk as well.

By BJ26 electric conversion is doing just fine from a relability standpoint,,,with the factory hardware being used. Just be careful on the turns as it like to relax on its back quite a bit:)

I run consistently in the upper 30's to low 40's on 12 cells and just last week tried 14 cells and hit 46.5 according to my Navibe GPS. The thing flies in a straight line !

My 1/12 Llumar is holding up just as well , running in the low 40's on 14 cells consistently. Last year it hit the shore , full speed on to some rocks, straightened out the rudder and turn fin, put some epoxy on the scratches and it was ready to go the following day.

Proboat desevers credit for getting into the FE market. Sometimes , to much negative bashing prior to a products release can be a great way from discouraging other manufacturers to make the leap to FE.

Every company deserves a chance and as long as they back up their product if things go bad, like Aquacraft did, then good for them.
    :)

well i hope they put some more work into this proboat than they have in others...i wont be buying one though....i could build one that could go even faster...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast