Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BLACKJACK 26 Brushless Catamaran RTR

i can understand how they build them under price limitations, but i wish they would atleast have a product that was reliable to most of those who bought it....if you look at the SW36 thread over on RCU, there were alot of people that had problems with theirs....most of them were lucky and were an easy fix, but other (me) just kept on having a new problem arise every time i ran it.......i did probably get a "lemon".....im willing to give it a chance and go buy another one, but i dont have the cash to spend on it right now....
    saleens7, the wookie of rc boating

Quote Originally Posted by saleens7 View Post
    i can understand how they build them under price limitations, but i wish they would atleast have a product that was reliable to most of those who bought it....if you look at the SW36 thread over on RCU, there were alot of people that had problems with theirs....most of them were lucky and were an easy fix, but other (me) just kept on having a new problem arise every time i ran it.......i did probably get a "lemon".....im willing to give it a chance and go buy another one, but i dont have the cash to spend on it right now....
    RCU, is a site I do not trust, as far as feedback is concerned, OSE and RRR are better and you are a member of both, under different names.
    Doug

Please don't only judge a product by whats said in a forum. Its not fair to the product. Its not fair to you. I understand the problem you had, but it truly does seem you got a lemon. I know for a fact many 1000's of those boats were made. How many people had a problem? How many people ever complain when something goes right? Not many.

If I was a consumer and shopped by whats said on a forum, I would have never bought a Super Vee. There are threads about people complaining about those all over the place. But I own 2 and absolutely love them. I still even use the stock radios.

There are other boats that have truly been clunkers from the start. The ProBoat Miss Bud original was one of them. How about the Caribbean Cruiser. Both boats that people repeatedly had the same exact issues over a long span of sales.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Nitro sucks!!

Mostly in a boat!
    Stinky, dirty, messy!!

Nothing good about them!!
    A wise man brought this to my attention when I had made a comment along the line of the one above. It went a little somting like this. Nitro has it's place. It would be verry expensive to build a BIG electrice boat. Nitro is a less expensive alternative for guys who want to go big and don't have alot to spend. To each his own.

Ditto Steve,Let me tell about our dealings with pro boat.my son,my brother in law,best friend and I have 7 sw-36's that we run on a large lake.the only problems we have had were as follows, did not check prop shaft clearance on strut.lost prop and shaft first all out run after break in.one loose nipple in exhaust.I finally stress a hull after much wave jumping {can you say abuse} my friend left fuel in one of his and it leaked out and ate into the hull.this boat he bought used off e-bay,when he called pro boat to buy a new hull they ask what happened and he told them and that it was used when he got it.they said no problem and replaced it any way.I have had no trouble with my t cats,m bud or llumar and I use them hard.needless to say they do require maintenance. I have other boats elect and gas and they require the same.most of these boats we bought because work dose not allow anyone but me time to build, and modify.
    Sorry this is so long and for letting me put in my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by SJFE View Post
    A wise man brought this to my attention when I had made a comment along the line of the one above. It went a little somting like this. Nitro has it's place. It would be verry expensive to build a BIG electrice boat. Nitro is a less expensive alternative for guys who want to go big and don't have alot to spend. To each his own.

I understand....

I have sold everything that is nitro... I can only now see my garage floor!! I dont mean to bash anything but it is only my opinion in a public fourm. :rolleyes:

The initial coast of FE is only greater. No fuel to buy, no more glow plugs. No more cleaning everything before putting it back in my car.

Just charge and go!!!

I agree 100%. I sold of my 1/10 trucks, cars, 1/8th buggies, cars and monster truck long ago because of the endless MESS. It's all electric for me also.

Know what...I am going to pass on this boat to be honest. I am going to build somthing custom this winter. I want a scale looking outboard cat.

Still on the outboard thing huh?
    In my mind, an outboard cat only conjures up images of a tunnel hull.
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Yup. I am going to build a high speed retrieval boat with twins.

Sweet. I can't wait! :D
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I'm most likely going to use a blackjack hull. The transom is nice and flat. I will be able to build a couple nice gill brackets. It isent going to be fast fast...It will be running brushed motors. I will prolly use an evx or a set of proboat escs. I just want somthing that can boogie out there in a hurry if need be.

I just found out that there's a video of the Brushless BJ on Pro Boat's website.
    It takes a while to load, but here it is.

Stock Video <--

not bad just a little slow, but ill take care of that.......................

LOL....Proboats internet connection sucks. I can DL at uo to 500KB/s. This darn thing was rolling down the pipe at 60KB/s.......

Looks OK for 300 bucks....

I love mine!

Tunda knows how to blow them over!!

This is just what the FE world needed!

agreed..........
    60% of the time... it works every time!

you know it oh i like this hull alot but my next one will be some what slower........................and my drifter s will haul ass........................

There are always product upgrades through out the devolpment years, yes they could put a different drive on it, yes they could shorten the turn fins ect from the factory, but this is whats makes this fun and intresting, other wise is would be alot more then 299.95.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123