Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Velocity series by MiniCatRacing

question wat radio system would be good for this boat? it will be my first boat.

also wat metal prop works for the velocity mono? i wanna get all the parts before i order it.

also does the esc have a lipo cutoff?
    Last edited by Opedopy; 08-05-2009 at 04:44 AM.

any 2 ch radio will work fine. Most boaters prefer the pistol style radio.

We don't sell a metal prop for the velocity series. The carbon prop that comes with it works perfectly. You might want to order a couple of extras.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Sailr is right the stock carbon prop works great.
    If you want a metal prop the Octura X432 is what I have on mine, it is a direct bolt on and doesn't require drilling out as some have thought needed. The 3mm shaft size glass filled props that Steven sells here are also a good option.

just ordered a black one and ill be running this at the river so the water wont be close to calm lol.

i just need to find a radio i have a specktrum DX3r but i heard some range issues with boats?
    ohh and a battery wats the best bang for ure buck? i see alot of options lol just getting into lipo have only had lipos for about 2 weeks so far lol

Ohh this will be my FIRST Boat had everything but boats. now i can say ive owned every kind of RC

The Spektrum will be fine.
    By the time this boat would have any range issues with that radio you wouldn't see it well enough to run it. Just keep sure you get the antenna up out of the hull.

As for the rough water, might not do so good. I ran mine yesterday with a good breeze and small waves and I flipped it more times than I would have liked.

Don't get me wrong it's a great little boat, but it may not be big enough to play River Rescue. Better suited to a smaller pond on calmer days, it can handle a little chop but not much more than it's own wake at speed.

alright if i run it at the river ill run it in the morning or late in the day when most the boats arnt out.

i plan on getting the new proboat hypersport 48 so i can run in more chop and learn more about boats.

will this batt work 3s 2200 25c?
    http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=8934
    or do i need a 20c pack?
    Last edited by Opedopy; 08-05-2009 at 03:26 PM.

got my mono today the black version. but its the hull seems to be scratched up on the front nose and some places on the sides. everything else is pretty nice and well put together. right now im waiting on the battery to come in. where do u sudjest mounting the esc? also i bought a novak smart-stop lipo cutoff. wat do u guys use to seal a hole in a boat? silicone?

Glad to hear you got one.
    I wouldn't worry about a few scratches, you'll never see em at 30mph.

I mounted my esc in front of the rudder servo, you'll need to trim the cooling line but just make sure you don't get any kinks. In this position it balances out nicely with the battery on one side and the electrics on the other. I mounted my receiver directly below the antenna.

I assume the whole is from the LED on the SmartStop. I would just use a little silicone or Shoe-Goo.

Have fun!

yea i might drill a little hole for the LED and put some silicone or sho-goo like u said. or just leave it. only thing holding me back is my battery hopefully they get here monday.

ill prolly put some stickers on this thing so i can see it better :)

so far so good on my first boat :P

i also noticed a few odd things like the motor and esc wires were all switched around.
    Last edited by Opedopy; 08-09-2009 at 02:16 AM.

Amazing! I can't figure out how those scratches happen inside all that bubble wrap. I personally inspected that boat before sent. It was pristeen.

I like to mount the the esc up ahead of the battery on the left side. That's where it naturally likes to sit. If you can velcro it up under the deck, that helps protect it from any small amount of water that might get in the boat. Be SURE you don't kink any cooling lines!

You don't need a lipo cutoff with our esc. It's already programmed for lipo cutoff for 3S.

Quote Originally Posted by Opedopy View Post
    got my mono today the black version. but its the hull seems to be scratched up on the front nose and some places on the sides. everything else is pretty nice and well put together. right now im waiting on the battery to come in. where do u sudjest mounting the esc? also i bought a novak smart-stop lipo cutoff. wat do u guys use to seal a hole in a boat? silicone?
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

There is no particular color code on the motor wires. They should be hooked up correctly. DON'T mess with 'em! If you already have, the motor may run backwards. If it does, just switch any two wires.

Have fun! It's an awesome little boat!

yea i might drill a little hole for the LED and put some silicone or sho-goo like u said. or just leave it. only thing holding me back is my battery hopefully they get here monday.

i also noticed a few odd things like the motor and esc wires were all switched around.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Some bright yellow stickers will help, that's for sure!

Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by wayn View Post
    Hi I tape down the transparent inner cover and just screw down the top, I put a washer on so the top won't crack. I also use a rhino 2150 , 20c lipo, and it really moves . I haven't got any floatation in it, I make sure the tape is secure.
    Have fun it's a great boat
    cheers wayn
    That's exactly what I do, mine self rights and takes on water only through the drive line. (very little)
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Good to hear but don't make me say "I told you so" if the boat ever sinks for some reason! Flotation is quick and easy insurance. The tape inside could dislodge for some reason. If the hatch isn't taped, it's not going to self right as the hull fills with water and then ker-plunk.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

heres some pics of the boat and wat i found on it

everything else was fine

should be fine right?

Pic #3
    Mine has that in 2 locations on the bottom.
    I know one came from the leverage of pulling the lipo off the velcro, so be careful with that.
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

It will be just fine. We probably won't stock the black anymore because it shows every little scratch that you would never notice on any other color.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

ill just cover some of them with stickers

That'll work!
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by sailr View Post
    Good to hear but don't make me say "I told you so" if the boat ever sinks for some reason! Flotation is quick and easy insurance. The tape inside could dislodge for some reason. If the hatch isn't taped, it's not going to self right as the hull fills with water and then ker-plunk.
    My tape never lets go even wet. But I do see your point, If the void between the sub hatch and outer hatch fill with water, it will not have buoyancy and right the boat.
    My solution for that is here...
    Attached Images Attached Images

My foam filled void. It also will keep it afloat if the hatch ever blows off.

good idea. I use goop to glue a piece of swimming pool noodle under each of my hatches.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

i just ordered the last velocity mono in white!!!!!!

i got the boat today thanks jim!!!!!!

james

Great! Thanks for letting us know. Hope you enjoy it! It is really a fun boat!

Quote Originally Posted by screwball View Post
    i got the boat today thanks jim!!!!!!

james
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

yea i cant wait to drive it too bad i cant until sunday...

heres some pics from the river, who do i pm about some questions i have.

You bought the boat from us. You are welcome to ask us questions!
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

i sent u a pm the other day and u havent returned it yet.

What's your question?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast