Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Velocity series by MiniCatRacing

Customer service is very important IMO also in today times. So there is a difference but its the same boat hull and hardware except the esc. Ok now that makes sense. I hope to purchase one soon. Thanks for you help.
    Pro Boat Apache 24 Brushless, Thunder Cat 31
    AquaCraft SV27, AqauCraft UL-1

No, NOT all the same hardware. We have a cnc machine anodized aluminum water exit instead of a tube sticking out the side of the boat ... AND a NORMAL antenna mount with cnc aluminum fitting and plastic antenna stick you run your receiver antenna up through rather than the spring steel antenna to which you must solder your antenna wire ...on the inside of the boat! It is a royal pain! We also have a reformulated epoxy gelcoat that doesn't crack as easily as the ebay boats. We also give you USABLE instructions, written by us, in understandable ENGLISH.

http://www.minicatracingusa.com/file...ons%20mini.pdf

We also stock all the parts. These are some of the custom touches we do.

There are a LOT of copies made in China. It's a real problem. Like I said, you get what you pay for. Your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by brad65 View Post
    Customer service is very important IMO also in today times. So there is a difference but its the same boat hull and hardware except the esc. Ok now that makes sense. I hope to purchase one soon. Thanks for you help.
    Last edited by sailr; 05-03-2009 at 02:06 PM.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by sailr View Post
    No, NOT all the same hardware. We have a cnc machine anodized aluminum water exit instead of a tube sticking out the side of the boat ... AND a NORMAL antenna mount with cnc aluminum fitting and plastic antenna stick you run your receiver antenna up through rather than the spring steel antenna to which you must solder your antenna wire ...on the inside of the boat! It is a royal pain! We also have a reformulated epoxy gelcoat that doesn't crack as easily as the ebay boats. We also give you USABLE instructions, written by us, in understandable ENGLISH.

http://www.minicatracingusa.com/file...ons%20mini.pdf

We also stock all the parts. These are some of the custom touches we do.

There are a LOT of copies made in China. It's a real problem. Like I said, you get what you pay for. Your choice.
    I totally hear ya, its like buying a 3dh plane. Yes you pay more but you get a bettery over all plane and lots of help if something is a miss. I hope to get one in the near future. Any thoughts of selling with radio?
    Pro Boat Apache 24 Brushless, Thunder Cat 31
    AquaCraft SV27, AqauCraft UL-1

We are waiting for a prototype 2.4ghz radio to arrive for us to test. If it is of good enough quality, we will consider selling with a radio in the future. But a lot of people already have a radio so we will probably just offer a radio separately. Thanks for asking!

Quote Originally Posted by brad65 View Post
    I totally hear ya, its like buying a 3dh plane. Yes you pay more but you get a bettery over all plane and lots of help if something is a miss. I hope to get one in the near future. Any thoughts of selling with radio?
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Received the prototype radio(s)! Now have to find time to test them. Will try to report the results to you here soon!

We are waiting for a prototype 2.4ghz radio to arrive for us to test. If it is of good enough quality, we will consider selling with a radio in the future. But a lot of people already have a radio so we will probably just offer a radio separately. Thanks for asking!
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

sailr...my clicker is working on your site (LOL!!) and I just added the LAST green hydro to my cart last night!! How quickly do they get shipped out? I heard one guy waited a few weeks for his...hope that's not me.

I will be using a 3s 2200 Poly RC (Enerland). Besides the stock prop, what is another good one...out of the four plastic ones that you offer? saw the two metal ones that you have...are they both for higher KV motors than stock?

Thanks,
    Kent
    Last edited by HOTWATER; 05-28-2009 at 02:54 PM. Reason: tripped over my words!lol!!!

Kent,

Your hydro shipped today by priority mail. If anyone waited a few weeks it was because he was in Canada and it got hung up in customs or he didn't buy it from us!

ALL of our shipments are by priority mail and usually take no more than 4-5 days max once shipped. We always ship within 3 business days of the order.

The stock prop works the best but if you want to try a metal prop, the bigger of the two stainless steel props on our site or an octura x430.

Have fun!

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by HOTWATER View Post
    sailr...my clicker is working on your site (LOL!!) and I just added the LAST green hydro to my cart last night!! How quickly do they get shipped out? I heard one guy waited a few weeks for his...hope that's not me.

I will be using a 3s 2200 Poly RC (Enerland). Besides the stock prop, what is another good one...out of the four plastic ones that you offer? saw the two metal ones that you have...are they both for higher KV motors than stock?

Thanks,
    Kent
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

I do remember one guy who had his OLD shipping address on PayPal. He yelled at us for not shipping, etc. We checked the tracking and the post office verified it was delivered. I verified the shipping address with him and he said Oh !!@#$@#$! He went by his old house and they had his boat!

DOH!
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Kent,

Your hydro shipped today by priority mail. If anyone waited a few weeks it was because he was in Canada and it got hung up in customs or he didn't buy it from us!

ALL of our shipments are by priority mail and usually take no more than 4-5 days max once shipped. We always ship within 3 business days of the order.

The stock prop works the best but if you want to try a metal prop, the bigger of the two stainless steel props on our site or an octura x430.

Have fun!

Jim
    Sailr...thank you for the update! I can't wait to run her!! Also, that is good news about the x430... I just happen to have one all balanced and sharpened!! I guess the 1/8 props work then?

I do remember one guy who had his OLD shipping address on PayPal. He yelled at us for not shipping, etc. We checked the tracking and the post office verified it was delivered. I verified the shipping address with him and he said Oh !!@#$@#$! He went by his old house and they had his boat!

DOH!

LOL!!!

If your prop is 1/8", you may have to drill it out. If it's 3/16", you'll have to shim it. Make sure it runs true! Vibration is a killer!

Sailr...thank you for the update! I can't wait to run her!! Also, that is good news about the x430... I just happen to have one all balanced and sharpened!! I guess the 1/8 props work then?
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

We tested the 2 channel radio on the bench. Works good. Now to put it in a boat and try that. The fancy schmancy 3 channel computer radio had a problem. Wouldn't bind to the receiver. Working with the manufacturer on that problem now.

If the 2Ch 2.4ghz radio proves out, we will sell them for about $75 (tx and rx) later this year. Receivers will be in the $24 range. The 3Ch will go for around $120.

Received the prototype radio(s)! Now have to find time to test them. Will try to report the results to you here soon!
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

I'll get on the list for one of the tx & rx set once the bugs are worked out.
    IMPBA: 7-Time FE World Record Holder "Don't think outside the box. Rather, refuse to admit that the box exists in the first place!"

MGM Controllers - Giant Power Lipos - ML Boatworks - Wholt's Wire Drives & Struts - Nano-Oil

If your prop is 1/8", you may have to drill it out. If it's 3/16", you'll have to shim it. Make sure it runs true! Vibration is a killer!
    Good to know...thank you sailr!

sailr...just got the hydro today! Very quick shipping like you said! Thank you!

One thing that I noticed when looking at it was the transom had separated from the deck a little above the rudder mount...about one inch long. I will just throw some epoxy in the separation and tape it together while it cures. No use in sending it back just because of that. besides, that is the last of the green hydros. easy fix for me anyway!

Very cool little hydro none the less!!

-Kent

Sorry about the separation. The post office is not as kind as they should be. Our newer stock is in heavier shipping boxes to help prevent stuff like that. If you had asked, I would have told you to do exactly what you're doing. While you're at it, mix up a fairly large batch of 30 min. epoxy and thin it with some alcohol just so it runs well. Then pour it in one corner of the hull and rotate the hull all around so it runs around the entire hull/deck seam. That pretty much bullet proofs the boat.

Have fun!

sailr...just got the hydro today! Very quick shipping like you said! Thank you!

One thing that I noticed when looking at it was the transom had separated from the deck a little above the rudder mount...about one inch long. I will just throw some epoxy in the separation and tape it together while it cures. No use in sending it back just because of that. besides, that is the last of the green hydros. easy fix for me anyway!

Very cool little hydro none the less!!

-Kent
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Thanks sailr! Should I even worry about adding some ply to the inside of the transom (with the hardware unbolted of course)? Also, does the addition of a turn fin help with handling in the turns? OSE has a couple of new turn fins for micro sized hydros...they would be great as an add on. Any thoughts?

Thanks again,
    Kent

I haven't heard of too many transoms ripping out but of course it couldn't hurt to add some 1/8" ply back there. To be honest, I've never tried a fin on the Micro Hydro but of course it could help the cornering. The micro turn fins OSE has look pretty cool! Personally, I like to 'drive' the hydro, slowing slightly in the turns to bring it in tighter. The boat actually doesn't skid that much.

Thanks sailr! Should I even worry about adding some ply to the inside of the transom (with the hardware unbolted of course)? Also, does the addition of a turn fin help with handling in the turns? OSE has a couple of new turn fins for micro sized hydros...they would be great as an add on. Any thoughts?

Thanks again,
    Kent
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

I haven't heard of too many transoms ripping out but of course it couldn't hurt to add some 1/8" ply back there. To be honest, I've never tried a fin on the Micro Hydro but of course it could help the cornering. The micro turn fins OSE has look pretty cool! Personally, I like to 'drive' the hydro, slowing slightly in the turns to bring it in tighter. The boat actually doesn't skid that much.

Thanks for the info sailr! I will definately run her without any fin for now. Who knows, I may be happy with it as is.

I was planning on removing the hardware to epoxy the transom and around the deck (good advice by the way - Thanks) and I just thought that while I'm at it, why not add some ply to it? I'm guessing that it would add only a little more weight by doing so and not hurt any performance.

-Kent

Has anyone tried one of the ebay Velocity Mono's?
    The seller here in Canada is so close to home it is hard not to consider buying from them,I'd love to buy from Mini cat racing but I'd be saving $100 plus no customs.
    Is there a big enough difference to be worth the extra ca$h?

Hey Sailr,
    Got the boat in the water a few times now and this thing rips. First time out was not a great run, ended up stuck in some weeds I couldn't see 300' out. Luckily Boat was retrieved no damage to anything.

I still have a little water getting in through the stuffing box I just keep it lubed like suggested with 50/50 STP & 30w and run with a strip of Shamwow down the center of the hull under the stuffing tube, seems to work.

I've got some pool noodle taped inside the top hatch trying to get it self right but it always seems to capsize, do you have any tips?

Anyway this little Mono is a blast, thanks

That piece of shamwow is genius! Never thought of that. Good tip!

You are talking about the Velocity Mono, right? If you tape the outside of the hatch, the boat should self right every time. At least that's what all of our customers tell us. We don't guarantee it as said on our website. Do you have your battery mounted up high in the boat or something? Not sure why it's not self righting for you.

QUOTE=GimpyGolden;110483]Hey Sailr,
    Got the boat in the water a few times now and this thing rips. First time out was not a great run, ended up stuck in some weeds I couldn't see 300' out. Luckily Boat was retrieved no damage to anything.

I still have a little water getting in through the stuffing box I just keep it lubed like suggested with 50/50 STP & 30w and run with a strip of Shamwow down the center of the hull under the stuffing tube, seems to work.

I've got some pool noodle taped inside the top hatch trying to get it self right but it always seems to capsize, do you have any tips?

Anyway this little Mono is a blast, thanks[/QUOTE]
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Ya it's the Velocity Mono.

Tried taping and still no go.
    My battery is a 2300mah, Pack Size: 125 x 33 x 30mm it just squeezes into place in the battery location, maybe it's just to tall and raise my center of grav.
    Do your other customers just tape the hatch or add some flotation to it also?

You ALWAYS want to add some flotation to any boat! I use the swimming pool noodles. Cut pieces to fit up in the bow and a slice of it inside the hatch. Your lipo is pretty big for that boat! Could be the problem. Almost 5" long!! HEAVY.

Could be your battery
    Quote Originally Posted by GimpyGolden View Post
    Ya it's the Velocity Mono.

Tried taping and still no go.
    My battery is a 2300mah, Pack Size: 125 x 33 x 30mm it just squeezes into place in the battery location, maybe it's just to tall and raise my center of grav.
    Do your other customers just tape the hatch or add some flotation to it also?
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Smile velocity mono

Hi I tape down the transparent inner cover and just screw down the top, I put a washer on so the top won't crack. I also use a rhino 2150 , 20c lipo, and it really moves . I haven't got any floatation in it, I make sure the tape is secure.
    Have fun it's a great boat
    cheers wayn

PUT SOME FLOATATION IN IT! Word of warning. Boats have a way of figuring out how to sink! You could hit a turtle, rock, etc. and split the hull for example and kerplunk, down she goes!

Does your mono self right without taping the outside of the hatch? If so, I'm surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by wayn View Post
    Hi I tape down the transparent inner cover and just screw down the top, I put a washer on so the top won't crack. I also use a rhino 2150 , 20c lipo, and it really moves . I haven't got any floatation in it, I make sure the tape is secure.
    Have fun it's a great boat
    cheers wayn
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Default re velocity mono

My boat self rights every time with the outer hatch un taped, As I said before that I make sure the the clear inner hatch is taped properly. I will put flotation in. The guys at my club are very impressed with the velocity mono series.
    cheers wayn

It's amazing it comes back up without taping the outer hatch. That's good! Others have said they had to tape the outside.

We are just about sold out of the monos and probably won't have any more back in stock for a while. Anybody that wants one, hurry!

Quote Originally Posted by wayn View Post
    My boat self rights every time with the outer hatch un taped, As I said before that I make sure the the clear inner hatch is taped properly. I will put flotation in. The guys at my club are very impressed with the velocity mono series.
    cheers wayn
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

I`m the guy who`s having trouble getting it to self right.
    I`m still really impressed with this little guy and definitely recomend buyin`one.
    I think I`ll try a lower height pack out or just be more careful with it in any chop

Smile velocity mono

I place the required battery on the velcro strip that is installed in the hull of the boat, as I said I use a rhino 2150a x 20c lipo, or arround the size they recommend.
    cheers wayn

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast