Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Velocity series by MiniCatRacing

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Velocity series by MiniCatRacing

Just was cruising around the internet looking for some boats and decided to check out the minicatracing site after toying with the idea of buying one of their mini hydros. Thought to myself, you know I would much rather have a mini cat than a hydro so lets see if they have one. First page, coming soon, velocity series. I imagine it will probably be the same price as there mini hydro is, but like I said I would much more prefer a mini cat over the hydro. Something about a more fuller size hydro sounds better to me.

http://www.minicatracingusa.com/

Scroll down alittle and you will see it.

What do you guys think about these guys stuff? Like I said Im toying with the idea of picking on up to play with at a close by pond, cheap lipos due to size mean a more cost effective boat for me!

The whole Mini Cat's Velocity Series is exciting! The smaller deep vee is ultra fast and completely self-righting. (You can leave your fishing pole at home.) Diego, have you run yours yet?

The cat is the best running micro catamaran on the market. And, believe me, being a huge fan of cats, I have tried them all.

As for the batteries, you are correct. Both boats run on 3C 2,200 mah Lipos from Hobby City @ $20.00 a piece. How can you go wrong?

Where did you find them at to buy one? Didnt even realize they were available... Wish the cat was self righting because thats the one I want.

I have been product testing them for the last couple of months. Here is a video of me running the mini deep vee: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C00ax...e=channel_page

Please keep in mind that due to their basic design, catamarans can never be self righting.

Ira,
    I ran her on an X632 She was hopping too much. (Self righted though) I'll try a strut adjustment on her next run. Thank you Ira. I havent forgotten you!
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Man that vee looked fun.Self righting is nice too. Yea I know that cats can never self right but I like to be able to turn left and right equally which is the one thing keeping me from picking up one of their hydros right now.

When are they planned to hit the shelves? Im holding off buying a boat in hopes of getting one of these.

Diego

That's alot of pitch! Try running with a 432 and adjust the strut a little and that should take care of the hopping. We also move the battery forward and back to make it run wet or dry depending on how rough the water is.

Ride 1226

The cat turns great in both directions. In fact, I removed the turn fins because they were completely unnecessary. They just slowed the boat down in the straight-a-ways.

Mini-Cat should begin offering both the mini boats for sale in about a week.

Sounds great to me. Ill wait patiently. Hmmmm cat or vee.

This is a self righting Mini Cat model I brought over 12 months ago.

That thing is weird. The one that they are getting ready to release looks quite a bit better than that. I still am leaning towards the cat though just because I love cats and think it will probably be a fun boat.

this guy sells them now

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=260389394679

Quote Originally Posted by ride1226 View Post
    Just was cruising around the internet looking for some boats and decided to check out the minicatracing site after toying with the idea of buying one of their mini hydros. Thought to myself, you know I would much rather have a mini cat than a hydro so lets see if they have one. First page, coming soon, velocity series. I imagine it will probably be the same price as there mini hydro is, but like I said I would much more prefer a mini cat over the hydro. Something about a more fuller size hydro sounds better to me.

http://www.minicatracingusa.com/

Scroll down alittle and you will see it.

What do you guys think about these guys stuff? Like I said Im toying with the idea of picking on up to play with at a close by pond, cheap lipos due to size mean a more cost effective boat for me!

Those one's are self righting and the quality of them from the factory is not great.
    I know from someone how was importing them.

Quote Originally Posted by suzukiboy View Post
    Those one's are self righting and the quality of them from the factory is not great.
    You talking about that ebay boat or the one you posted pics of? Also the one on ebay seems kinda cheap? Duno about Au prices. Pobably just wait until minicat starts selling them themselves or is that ebay one worth it?

The ebay one from AUS.

And that sellers pricing is a bit steep.

Quote Originally Posted by suzukiboy View Post
    Quality is excellent!

Hey guys, I'm getting one of these bad boys and I'm wondering if I can order any spare props for these from this site?

Mini Cats states
    32mm diameter x 45mm pitch x 4mm shaft

And this site has some stuff similar just don't know if anyone has tried different size with good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by brad65ford View Post
    Hey guys, I'm getting one of these bad boys and I'm wondering if I can order any spare props for these from this site?

Mini Cats states

And this site has some stuff similar just don't know if anyone has tried different size with good luck.
    I have tried the black ones from OSE as well as the 1/8" plastic from octura (OSE site).

I mostly run on 2s, and any of them work well. On 3s I tend to stick with a 31 or 32mm prop I think.

The 27mm wouldn't push it up on plane, 30mm was difficult, 31 worked well for me. For a few bucks, get some spares!

Brian

We sell props for it. We carry the parts for all our boats.

Quote Originally Posted by brad65ford View Post

Mini Cats states

Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

They are out, and only 229! Not too shabby if you ask me. Too bad I picked up a larger mono and cat already haha!

The Velocity Series Mono and Cat are available now!

Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

We have very limited stock of these boats at the moment. Restocking will take 6 weeks so if you want one, now's the time
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

How soon will you carry the HW for them?
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

You mean the hardware? We have it now. Just haven't had the chance to put it on the website yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Diegoboy View Post
    How soon will you carry the HW for them?
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by sailr View Post
    You mean the hardware? We have it now. Just haven't had the chance to put it on the website yet.
    What will be the price on the strut? Will it come in aluminum finish?

Quote Originally Posted by Diegoboy View Post
    What will be the price on the strut? Will it come in aluminum finish?

Tentative price for the strut is $12. All are blue anodize. Sorry. We are waiting on the photographer to come take the pics of the parts for the website. Might be a while yet. Guess we could put the parts on there without the pictures. hmmm.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

We have very limited stock of these boats at the moment. Restocking will take 6 weeks so if you want one, now's the time
    Cool site! Click here...now click here...now here...I'm Clicking, I'm Clicking...LOL!!JK! - Nice stuff! Me Likey! I don't need any of that stuff, But I want all of it!!

-Kent

That clicker doesn't work very good. You have to click on the picture, not the text. haha.

Quote Originally Posted by HOTWATER View Post
    Cool site! Click here...now click here...now here...I'm Clicking, I'm Clicking...LOL!!JK! - Nice stuff! Me Likey! I don't need any of that stuff, But I want all of it!!

-Kent
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

That clicker doesn't work very good. You have to click on the picture, not the text. haha.
    Sailr, the clicker will start working on that site when a watercooled 2600kv BL Outrunner appears!!

All kidding aside, I think your site is great!! Just wish I had bigger pockets right now...there are more than a few things that I'm interested in there!

-Kent

LOL! Thanks for the nice comment. I am uploading the Velocity Parts list to the site now. Should be up in a few!

Quote Originally Posted by HOTWATER View Post
    Sailr, the clicker will start working on that site when a watercooled 2600kv BL Outrunner appears!!

All kidding aside, I think your site is great!! Just wish I had bigger pockets right now...there are more than a few things that I'm interested in there!

-Kent
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast