Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Velocity series by MiniCatRacing

well if ure driving with no wake like most of u its not a problem but the way i drive and wat i drive in i like to jump and stuff like that so i knew it would move after a bit

Quote Originally Posted by mickvk View Post
    Well, I never liked the idea of a fast small boat running with that battery secured by just a strip of velcro. I also needed to put some flotation in the nose. So I killed two birds with one stone... I took a six inch piece of pool noodle, widened the center opening, narrowed the front tip, and glued 'er in. Now I'll try putting the battery just forward of the motor.

On the plus side, vertical center-of-gravity will be low and hopefully that will fix my inability to self-right.

On the negative side, my fore-to-aft center of gravity will be too forward. I think the rule of thumb is to shoot for the 33% from the transom... I'm at almost 50%. I'll have to get it in the water and report back.

If it doesn't ride well even with strut adjustments, I'll just use the velcro and hope I don't flip it at 30MPH!

Here are a couple pics.
    Put the battery on the port side toward the rear of the hull about 1 inch from the transom. Move fore and aft to adjust ride/attitude. I'm using a 2200 mAh PolyRC, and since it's a snug fit under the deck it NEVER comes loose...and I've rolled this little guy at least a dozen times and it just keeps on truckin'

don't ever think of buying this boat from anybody
    but jim(sailr) even if his is twice the price(and its not)
    thanx to him my boat is kicken a$$....
    dead heat against my buddys jollymotor(but cut turns like a knive)
    got pics.....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks for the vote of confidence! Your boat looks great!
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

hmmm u need to post some things done to that cause it looks like it could help my boat out alot the things uve done to that :)

The only thing I see added is the trim tabs.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by sailr View Post
    The only thing I see added is the trim tabs.
    Hey, c'mon, the stickers are good for 5-10 MPH.

Quote Originally Posted by mickvk View Post
    Hey, c'mon, the stickers are good for 5-10 MPH.
    actually the stickers get me only another 3mph but i'll take what i can get..lol
    sailr is correct as far as handling goes but i also added the jollymotor rod boot
    and turned the rudder assembly around and theaded the hole so i could add a nylon screw for the rudder safety.

also tinned the flex cable end for a snug fit and to
    stop the damage from the set screws

Default Chinise vs Minicat you get what you pay for

I have to confess I have a Chinese mini v and a mini cat and a Minicat USA Starship. It is easy to see the difference in the flex tube stuffing box area the Minicat USA is way better.

Anyway of the two Chinese boats the mini v runs no problem but the cat version keeps taking on water. I have removed all fittings applied silicone etc and the water is reduced but it is still getting in. I get about 2-3 minutes of run before the water in the hull becomes an issue.

Looking at it the Teflon liner is a loose fit in the stuffing tube so was thinking that may be the problem Anyone have an idea how to seal the Teflon to the stuffing tube, more grease, hot glue, ca? ( hate to think of digging out the tube and redoing the whole assembly)

For those thinking of Chinese vs Minicat USA the money you save is not worth it if you cannot enjoy the boat. I learned my lesson, the real Minicat USA is the way to go.

Any help/suggestions on the water problem on the Chinese mini cat would be appreciated

Peter

I may be biased because Jim ( Sailr) is a friend and lives, basically, around the corner from me, but bottom line, he supports his product. Do the research..his products are what they are, fun, reliable and excellent quality for the price. Not race proven for the current classes, but I understand at least one of his hulls will be run in the 2010 Nats by a very competative driver.
    Boats don't win races, drivers do.

Quote Originally Posted by scubasteve95 View Post
    here are some pics of the fix..
    cut tube to size,use a small pair of needle nose and
    just slide it over stuffing tube,insert wire almost into coupler
    then slide small o-ring or cut tube onto wire
    insert wire into coupler and then with two small picks or screw drivers
    work o-ring over tube...done
    try this ....pics are not coming up but the thread is:
    wire drive install in the venom ekos site you can view the pics there.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptPJB View Post
    Looking at it the Teflon liner is a loose fit in the stuffing tube so was thinking that may be the problem Anyone have an idea how to seal the Teflon to the stuffing tube, more grease, hot glue, ca? ( hate to think of digging out the tube and redoing the whole assembly)

Any help/suggestions on the water problem on the Chinese mini cat would be appreciated

Peter
    peter go to this site...

Quote Originally Posted by scubasteve95 View Post
    ekos c-1 wire drive install thread page 1 in the venom king of shaves forum you can view the
    pics and instructions there.
    it just mite work if that is were your water issue is....

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456