Thread: BJ26 vids and pics lets see what you got !!

Default BJ26 vids and pics lets see what you've got !!

lets see your vids and pics so we can see whats out there, remember to list your set up with GPS speeds if poss

my set up and link to video

bj26
    fullers o/s cat hardware
    ETTI 150 amp esc
    2x 6600 mah 20c lipo
    futaba 2.4GHz TX/8ch Rx
    custom water pick up
    Rx power pack 1500mah
    Rx power switch
    octura x642 b/s
    Tupperware and bat trays removed
    turn fins shortened sharpened and angled
    foretrex 101 GPS

all up run weight 5lb

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDa5ZrCn81E
    Last edited by MAXAMUS; 04-12-2009 at 04:01 AM.
    Maxamus

pics
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Maxamus

havent got it in the water yet waiting for some parts to turn up
    6xl
    4s 2p 3700s
    200amp himodel esc
    prop v937
    inline cat rudder seperated for offset
    carbon fibre added to inside, battery trays removed, custom motor mount
    not sure on total weight yet

I didn't think carbon fiber was plyable? How did you reinforce with carbon fiber, could you explain more on the that?
    Pro Boat Apache 24 Brushless, Thunder Cat 31
    AquaCraft SV27, AqauCraft UL-1

its carbon fibre cloth that you lay in and add your epoxy/resin same as fiberglassing

Quote Originally Posted by ozzie-crawl View Post
    its carbon fibre cloth that you lay in and add your epoxy/resin same as fiberglassing

thats is so cool! how much weight and strength did you add?

not sure how much weight i added, but strenghtend the hull a lot. i have seen photos of BJ that have flipped at speed and split at the front so added more resin and carbonfibre up there as well

My Blackjack 26 Brushless using Mamba Max ESC at 20 degree timing, 1500 KV motor, Stock Prop ,4900 Mah 22.2 v Li-po's and a Spectrum Telemetry Rx. It was clocked at 58 KPH (36 MPH) with a Bushnell Speedster Radar Gun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRIR2...e=channel_page

My new modded version has the Feigao 8xl motor, Hydra 240 ESC, Octura x642 prop, Trak Power 4900, 2s, 25c, 7.4v, Angled and raised turn fins, and weighing in at 5.1 LBS.
    It has yet to hit the water as the electronics need to be hard wired and the batteries need to be set in the hull. So as soon as I have that done and there is a nice day to drive it I'll take her out with my camera and radar gun and report the results.
    HK Genesis, DF Vortex, Baja 5T, Lazer ZX-5 sp, XXX, 8T, P51-D Mustang Shangrila, GP Giant P51-D Mustang, Blade 400 3D, with way too many more to list.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack-sven View Post
    My Blackjack 26 Brushless using Mamba Max ESC at 20 degree timing, 1500 KV motor, Stock Prop ,4900 Mah 22.2 v Li-po's and a Spectrum Telemetry Rx. It was clocked at 58 KPH (36 MPH) with a Bushnell Speedster Radar Gun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRIR2...e=channel_page

My new modded version has the Feigao 8xl motor, Hydra 240 ESC, Octura x642 prop, Trak Power 4900, 2s, 25c, 7.4v, Angled and raised turn fins, and weighing in at 5.1 LBS.
    It has yet to hit the water as the electronics need to be hard wired and the batteries need to be set in the hull. So as soon as I have that done and there is a nice day to drive it I'll take her out with my camera and radar gun and report the results.
    interesting.... What did you do to the rudder? Is that a completly different setup or modded stock drive setup.

Quote Originally Posted by brad65 View Post
    interesting.... What did you do to the rudder? Is that a completly different setup or modded stock drive setup.
    It's a completely different strut/rudder setup. I purchased it from O.S.E. (Product ID: tfl-502b15), and the tons of holes in the ass end of my boat are due to the other mod I did. I put three rudders on as I wanted the looks and the water pickups, but since I'm getting two new boats, I figured I would use the rudders for them instead.
    HK Genesis, DF Vortex, Baja 5T, Lazer ZX-5 sp, XXX, 8T, P51-D Mustang Shangrila, GP Giant P51-D Mustang, Blade 400 3D, with way too many more to list.

It's a completely different strut/rudder setup. I purchased it from O.S.E. (Product ID: tfl-502b15), and the tons of holes in the ass end of my boat are due to the other mod I did. I put three rudders on as I wanted the looks and the water pickups, but since I'm getting two new boats, I figured I would use the rudders for them instead.
    Very nice, I bet it runs night and day different than the stock drive setup. I have an apache24 that has almost the same rear u-joint setup rudder system as the blackjack26. I like this setup better than my half a** rig of locking the stock rear drive and adding a right side rudder. But it does drive much better though.

I'm hoping to see mid 40's to 50's with what I have in the boat, as with the stock equipment I hit the mid 30's. I'll be taking her out for her maiden run of the new equipment tomorrow.

Mid 30's

Stock motor
    Stock prop
    Stock ESC
    2x 4900mah, 25c, 7.4v lipo's
    Stock weight
    Stock CG

Hopeful speed of 40's-50
    Feigao 8xl
    Octura x642
    Hydra 240
    2x 4900mah, 25c, 7.4v lipo's
    5.2 LBS Wet
    CG 7.5" from transom

blackjack-sven

nice, keep us posted with speed trials i have yet to get a reading from my GPS i have now moved to 6cell 30c lipo, i had weight issues and think i have sorted this its now like a rocket will keep you posted
    Maxamus

I went to the pond today to do test runs but I ran into two problems.

1. the drive flex shaft came out of the coupler leaving the motor spinning with the coupler.
    2. The boat danced from right to left drastically, making a top speed run impossible.

I did however get a half speed run of 34mph before the shaft popped out.
    Any thoughts as to why the shaft came out in the first place, and why the boat is bouncing left to right?

Try removing the turn fins

I went to the pond today to do test runs but I ran into two problems.

1. the drive flex shaft came out of the coupler leaving the motor spinning with the coupler.
    2. The boat danced from right to left drastically, making a top speed run impossible.

I did however get a half speed run of 34mph before the shaft popped out.
    Any thoughts as to why the shaft came out in the first place, and why the boat is bouncing left to right?
    make sure the drive shaft is not binding on anything and ensure its as central as possible on the exit from the hull to the motor coupling

is your prop balanced ?

is CofG correct and bats as low as possible in the hull

if not already done cut down and angle in turn fins or remove them all together
    Maxamus

Quote Originally Posted by MAXAMUS View Post
    make sure the drive shaft is not binding on anything and ensure its as central as possible on the exit from the hull to the motor coupling

is your prop balanced ?

is CofG correct and bats as low as possible in the hull

if not already done cut down and angle in turn fins or remove them all together
    Drive is not binding
    Prop is NOT ballanced
    CG is 7.5" from transom
    Batteries are in the bottom of each sponson
    Fins are angled in and approx 1 cm higher than stock

This is what I was thinking

Cant see the prop being the problem as it would only cause vibration. If the drive was binding the motor would just need to work harder, and I also thread locked the coupler so it wouldn't fall off (this time it worked). Front to back CG would not cause side to side bouncing. Batteries even high up, also would not cause the side to side bouncing. Fins are the only thing I can think of possibly causing lift to the point where the hull completely leaves the water. Too much down angle on the strut causing the boat to come clean out of the water.

This is what I had before running the boat.

CG left to right: Centered
    CG front to back: 7.5" from transom
    Weight wet: 5.2 LBS
    Octura prop: x642
    Motor location: 8xl centered
    Flex shaft: Not binding
    Turn fins: Raised and tilted inwards (angle of lowest sponson)
    Batteries: 1 in each sponson as low as possible and all the way to the rear

I wish I had a video to show so you guys could see the effects I was running into, but my explanation is going to have to suffice.

Here are some pics of the boat just after the run. Oh and as you can see, the water was near glass like.
    The next time I will go out and place the turn fins back in the stock location and see what happens. If the problem exists after that, I will remove a turn fin or two and see how she goes.
    Last edited by Blackjack-sven; 05-12-2009 at 10:08 AM.

the min c looks cute out there lol

Try pushing the batterys forward thats alot of power to have all the wieght down the back.

Stock motor and esc, Fuller's hardware, lipos.
    Last edited by HappyOne; 08-31-2009 at 08:25 PM.
    Grand River Marine Modellers, el Presidente
    IROC VUP, 25" Prince Mono, Mini Hydro, Classic Barrel Back, brushless Mini Rio and two Nitro Tunnels

Let me know how i got her trimmed out. I'm still a nube and yes i do plan on upgrading my esc/motor to somthing that will last on 6s! i just dont know what to get. too many to choose from! any help? also thinking of filling in the last step?

Stock motor/esc
    nitro ss hardwear
    no turnfins
    no tupperwear
    batts lowerd
    6s 2p 5000mAh 35c lipo
    E-trex gps
    i was running different props this day 40x52, 42x55

http://youtu.be/0niUkIKWYBc
    http://youtu.be/30FG-81c35c

Does that strut/rudder bolt into the same holes that the original outdrive bolts into?? I'd like to put that type of drive on it, but I'm gettin my boat custom painted so I don't want to drill any new holes..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chevyboy67 View Post
    Does that strut/rudder bolt into the same holes that the original outdrive bolts into?? I'd like to put that type of drive on it, but I'm gettin my boat custom painted so I don't want to drill any new holes..

Thanks
    No you have to drill new holes....but its worth it!

Hahaha well i talked my self into it and ordered the strut/rudder and an octura x642 prop last night.. wat do you fill your holes with?? I have a fiberglass putty for my real boat.... Would that work ok???
    Blackjack 26 custom, Thundercat 31, Rustler vxl, scx 10 blazer(mudder/trailer truck)

Yes it will work but i havent filled mine in yet! I was too excited to put my boat back in the water i just put some sticker dots over the old holes and hot glued the inside...just in case i didnt like the new setup! but now i think i will fill the holes with red Led's to indicate PWR on/off. this winter im also upping the power a bit and going with the Miss geico rudder, its a little longer and the water pickup is lower so it should help keep her planted in the turns and running cooler. check out my youtube videos to get an idea on how this mod works!

"DangerDad828youtube"

Some of my winter upgrades if y'all want to see. i got a PB mystic hatch and cut it all to hell to make my own sleek new lid. Motor/esc swap to a Leopard 3674 1700kv motor and seaking 180 esc. new m545 sharpened and balanced prop. new miss geico rudder. mods to come...hull reinforcements/crack and hole filling,paint?P3130399.jpgP3130404.jpgP3130405.jpg

dont forget to beef up the transom and add a sheer bolt! i found that out the hard way when i hit a chunk of 2x4 @ 50mph! the boat did a front flip and need some work done after wards! but still going.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevyboy67 View Post
    Hahaha well i talked my self into it and ordered the strut/rudder and an octura x642 prop last night.. wat do you fill your holes with?? I have a fiberglass putty for my real boat.... Would that work ok???