Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Captain just ship and can't be saved?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill-SOCAL View Post
    No I did not, because it is patently obvious that you merely cut and pasted the "story" without the opening line that most of the 800 or so other online source to this thing had. So I sincerely doubt that it was your "buddy" who was the one who was speaking. In fact as written this is the Dear Admiral saying that his buddy sent it to him after talking to some of his SEAL buddies.

Not exactly first hand information, is it??

Here is how the story is being shown around the Net:

So the Admiral is reporting on his discussion with his SEAL buddies who told him what they heard.
    Well of course I cut and pasted it. Read what I wrote in the first sentence: "Here is an interesting text I received". That means I did not write it, I RECEIVED it. And it was from a friend in the military. That text is verbatim from the email I received. If there was something "cut off" from the front end, I never saw it. What I posted is merely something I received and thought I would share.

Side bar: Boy, you Left-Wing Extremists certainly have a lot of tolerance for diversity in political thought.

I suppose I should apply the same logic: That Left-Wing Extremist Algore said it so it must be a lie; That Left-Wing Extremist Al Frankin said it so it must be a lie; That Left-Wing Extremist news organization CNN said it so it must be a lie; That Left-Wing Extremist Barry Obama said it so it must be a lie; That Left-Wing Extremist (insert name here) said it, ergo it is a lie.
    A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves

The way in which you posted it implied a degree of validity which does not exist. You got a copy of a copy of a post and simply passed it along as if it was your buddy who was the one who chatted with the SEALS. The fact that the guy who forwarded it to you is in the military is immaterial.

The fact that you cannot see how this makes a difference is worrisome. It is amusing since it was just last week that you made a big deal about researching sources.
    Last edited by Bill-SOCAL; 04-20-2009 at 06:01 PM.
    Don't get me started

So, if I am correct. Dr. Jet is a liar and he has no friends in the military and he pasted this from somewhere but won't give up his sources and believes Bill is a Russian Natzti posing as a Democrat?

Gee, sounds like our media at it again.

Bill, if we had more reporters like you there would be no news to report.

I get your point but just MAYBE he got it from a friend and the friend got it from another friend and then the media hit and it is a common story now.

Hoopty big F%%# Doo!

In Missouri calling a man a liar will get you an ass whoopen :)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Wohlt View Post
    So, if I am correct. Dr. Jet is a liar
    You are incorrect. I never said or implied that he is lying or is a liar. What I did say, and imply, is that it is a misrepresentation to pass along a story as if you were the involved party. It makes the story appear to have a greater validity.

Saying "I heard this" is different from saying

"I got this from a friend who heard this" which is different from saying

"I got this from a friend who heard from a friend who heard this".

Apparently that distinction is immaterial to everyone except me. Oh well.
    Don't get me started

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Jet View Post

Here's an interesting text I recently received from a military friend on this subject:
    Just what do you not understand in that statement; and what is misleading or a misrepresentation?

Oh, wait a minute... I'm a Right-Winger; so by definition, anything I say is misleading or a misrepresentation.

You know what? Suppose Dr. Jet got it from somebody way higher up the food chain than when the media got it? Suppose he was on the original list of people spammed with it? I mean, SOMEBODY has to get it before somebody else. We don't all get these e-mails at the same level in the tree.

At least he's not out shaking hands with people who have vowed to destroy our country.

Andy
    Spektrum Development Team

Quote Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
    At least he's not out shaking hands with people who have vowed to destroy our country.

Andy
    Look at this photo montage. I'll stand by for your "That's Different" explanation.

BTW, you're not alone in your ignorance. Newt thought the same thing. BUt he can be excused, he's a historian. Oh wait, that is worse. Never mind.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Don't get me started

RWR may have shaken hands with Gorby, but he had no respect for him (called him "Evil Empire") and kicked his booty in the end.

Shaking hands in the political areana with the enemy is one thing. Photo-ops and such. Being buddy-buddy with them is something different. I thought you were fine-tuned to those little nuances; but maybe that only applies when it is your oxe being gored.

I doubt anyone in those photos would have sat quietly and listened to their adversaries TRASH this counrty non-stop for 52 minutes.

Do you like having a Commander-in-Chief that will take that kind of insult, or bow to some Arab King?

Just what do you not understand in that statement; and what is misleading or a misrepresentation?
    No answer, huh? Speaks volumes doesn't it?

Lets get back on track here. Someone start a new thread about hand shaking and bending over to kiss another guys toes. Thats a whole new ball game.

A caller to a radio station made an interesting comment to the host the other day....

"I find it interesting, the Captain has thanked the Navy and Seals, several times, on different occasions. But not once have I heard him thank President Obama? I wonder if he knows something that we don't know?"
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

I doubt anyone in those photos would have sat quietly and listened to their adversaries TRASH this country non-stop for 52 minutes.

Do you like having a Commander-in-Chief that will take that kind of insult, or bow to some Arab King?
    Please excuse my Canadian ignorance but who are you referring to here
    Necessity is the mother of invention.............

Youtube Video's http://www.youtube.com/user/Titanis2000

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Zicha View Post
    Please excuse my Canadian ignorance but who are you referring to here
    Barak Obama sat and listened to Hugo Chavez (Dictator of Venezuela - I didn't check the spelling) while Mr. Chavez railed against the USA for 52 minutes straight. All Obama would say afterwards was that it was a 50-minute speech. No comment on the content of the speach. I shouldn't be suprised at BHO's lack of indignation at this diatribe; afterall, I suppose it was no different than sitting in Revered Wright's church while he was preaching "God d@mn America."

If you are questioning BHO bowing before the Saudi king, just look at the photos. Who are you going to believe; you lying eyes or the sycophantic media?

BHO had no time to visit the graves of American soldiers in Normandy, but he found time to take off his shoes in a Mosque.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: We're screwed.

And yes, if you want to continue on this subject, another thread would be in order.

Look at this photo montage. I'll stand by for your "That's Different" explanation.

BTW, you're not alone in your ignorance. Newt thought the same thing. BUt he can be excused, he's a historian. Oh wait, that is worse. Never mind.
    I never liked Newt, either, but that's another matter...

Actually, I'm surprised the new administration had the smarts to boycott Iran's human rights speech fiasco before it got started. Maybe the Ambassador didn't bother asking first. I guess he thinks the Holocaust didn't happen because the Persians didn't get to participate that time.

Anybody else notice how much he looks like Haman in "A Night with the King?"

Andy

Why are the right such war mongers, always measuring their phallus. Barak is no different than any other president who presided over this country... But I've come to realized why you So called Jesus lovers really hate him, I think I heard a few of you yelling out derogatory term at home of John McCain rally's, our where you to coward? so your cowardice relegated your to your living room chair.

As for the Saudi King bow...

I want all these Benedict Arnold's arrested and the dead ones, their graves dug up(and sent to England) for being knighted by the Queen Of England.

George H Bush Senior
    Ronald Regan
    Caspar Weinberger
    General Norman Swarzkopf Jr.
    Nobel prize-winning scientist James Watson
    Alan Greenspan
    Andre Previn
    Douglas Fairbanks Jr.
    General Wesley Clark
    General Colin Powell
    Gen. Dwight D. Eisenhower
    Gen. George C. Marshall
    Gen. Douglas MacArthur
    Gen. Mark Clark
    Gen. Matthew Ridgway
    Admiral Chester W. Nimitz
    Admiral William D. Leahy
    Admiral Ernest J. King
    Admiral Leighton W Smith Jr
    Tom Foley - Former Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives
    Wellington Webb - Mayor of Denver
    Roy Disney and Mrs. Disney
    Bill Gates
    Rudi Guiliani
    Billy Graham
    Alan Greenspan
    J Edgar Hoover
    Bob Hope (born in England but a US citizen)
    Henry Kissinger
    Andre Previn
    Norman Swarzkopf Jr.
    Steven Spielberg ... and the list goes on

If the sanctimonious right didn't care about Mama Queen knighting her subjects, Why should you care about who BHO bows to! but if forgot, it's do as I say not as I do! thou holy religious right.
    Samuel Johnson - “An injustice anywhere is an injustice everywhere.” William Cooper "listen to everything, read everything, and believe nothing unless you can prove it in your own research!"

Thanks for the insite Bill..........................
    Necessity is the mother of invention.............

Youtube Video's http://www.youtube.com/user/Titanis2000

I fail to get the connection between accepting an honor given by a country, and cow-towing to a ruthless dictator.

Andy

The retired admiral didn't author the email.

http://hamptonroads.com/2009/04/auth...y-rescue-doubt
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

Quote Originally Posted by egneg View Post

No big surprise there.....more misdirection and lies from the rabid right ....
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by egneg View Post

The problem is the Internet. Post what ever you wish with no accounting as to the validity of the source. A TV/Newspaper reporter would and should be fired for such an omission of facts.

Douggie

Exactly my point. Dr. Jet wasted not one second to forward this, and in an unintentionally altered form, simply because it supported his disdain for Obama. Both sides are guilty of this and it is why I keep pushing people to take some time to check if what they are looking at is true.

The Internet, spreading fear and ignorance at the speed of light.
    Don't get me started

And guess who has the most to gain from the spreading of fear and ignorance?
    Government Moto:
    "Why fix it? Blame someone else for breaking it."

Barak Obama sat and listened to Hugo Chavez (Dictator of Venezuela - I didn't check the spelling) while Mr. Chavez railed against the USA for 52 minutes straight.
    Correction: I heard this story on the radio while on my way to work, I just caught parts of it. It was not Chavez that spoke trashing the USA, it was Daniel Ortega (DIctator of Nicaragua) who spoke at a function with BHO and Chavez in attandance. Regardless of which Third-World Dictator provided the verbal trashing of this country, the fact remaind that BHO sat and took it all in without so much as a comment.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostofpf1 View Post
    No big surprise there.....more misdirection and lies from the rabid right ....
    Steve
    And the rabild wild-eyed Left NEVER misdirects or lies.....

Quote Originally Posted by domwilson View Post
    And guess who has the most to gain from the spreading of fear and ignorance?
    Let me guess..... Those seeking World Dominance? Who might that be.........

Regardless of which Third-World Dictator provided the verbal trashing of this country, the fact remaind that BHO sat and took it all in without so much as a comment.
    I love the "took it" phrase. Too amusing how incessant your clear bias against all things Obama is. Yes, he "took it" as part of a large audience of leaders of various Latin American countries and other diplomats. He should have gotten up and punched him the nose, or at the very least walked out like a child, THAT would have shown them.

I think this is an absurd position to have. He sat there and listened and made a pretty snarky comment about it and made the point that it was not a speech even worth thinking about other than to say that it was 50 minutes long. But that kind if nuance is lost on the red meat gun totin' I'll kick your a$$ juvenile approach to global diplomacy that has served us so poorly for the past 8 years.

Oh well.
    Last edited by Bill-SOCAL; 04-22-2009 at 10:03 AM.
    Don't get me started

I love the "took it" phrase. Too amusing how incessant your clear bias against all things Obama is. Yes, he "took it" as part of a large audience of leaders of various Latin American countries and other diplomats. He should have gotten up and punched him the nose, or at the very least walked out like a child, THAT would have shown them.

I think this is an absurd position to have. He sat there and listened and made a pretty snarky comment about it and made the point that it was not a speech even worth thinking about other than to say that it was 50 minutes long. But that kind if nuance is lost on the red meat gun totin' I'll kick your a$$ juvenile approach to global diplomacy that has served us so poorly for the past 8 years.

Oh well.
    That's all they know, They have taken the ability humans have over other species to another level: The ability to be rational, they thrive best when it's comes to conflict and primitive instinct; grunt, beat their chest and begin warring. The majority of their jesters are subjective and reactionary... oops I'm sorry.

I've come to the realization that they don't like Mr.O because maybe he doesn't look like them... He's been they only president in which I can recall call, that they've been on his back for everything he does... while Bush sent to children to die and allowed his buddies in high place to pillage their retirement twice...oh no 3 times. Father Bush did it with son Neil Bush and the S&L back in the 90's... But hey as long as the man stroking you looks like you, it's A OK (Right wing thinking)
    Samuel Johnson - “An injustice anywhere is an injustice everywhere.” William Cooper "listen to everything, read everything, and believe nothing unless you can prove it in your own research!"

In the arena of World Politics, when the most powerful man on the planet walks out during someone's speech, it is a HUGE political statement. Reagan would not have "took it" like our current White House Occupant. Reagan had far more respect for the people of this country.

Oh well.
    Are you REALLY happy with the "Change" in the direction this country is heading? Cozying up to Castro, Chavez, Ortega, Achmidinijad (sp?), socialist policies, spending more money in 80 days than all the previous administrations combined?

And what about his proposed "Volunteer Security Force" (or whatever it's currently named)? Do you like that idea?

Study the history of Italy during the 1930s and 1940s. The parallels are amazing.

It's been less than 100 days and I can already say: "See, I told you so."

Obama is a disaster. We're screwed. The thought police are not far away.
    Last edited by Dr. Jet; 04-22-2009 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Spelling errors

Quote Originally Posted by RCprince View Post
    He's been they only president in which I can recall call, that they've been on his back for everything he does...
    You can't be serious. The media was RELENTLESS in their attacks on R.W.R.,
    G.H.W.B., and ESPECIALLY G.W.B. Yet there was no in-depth analysis of J.C., W.J.C. and now B.H.O.

You are obviously one of the "useful idiots" (I think it was Lenin or Stalin that coined that phrase - look it up) that consume this Left-Wing propaganda.

I just thank God I'm an old f@rt and probably won't be around to see this country evolve into another socialist bananna republic. I worry about my grandchildren though. Freedom and liberty is something they will not know like my father did.
    Last edited by Dr. Jet; 04-22-2009 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Spelling again

I had to give you something to chew on with that comment...But I guess the rest of my statement is untrue There have never been any true Socialist or Communist nations EVER!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast