Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Turnigy 180 amp boat esc

I was only speculating these. I do not know but I do know the Turnigy was a solid performer if we are talking about the big square one....they have the newest version of that as well...version #4 it says.

If these are good for a 100 amps continuous then I would be happy. Again, you take your chances. I do know that Etti backs their stuff as Steve said. Hard to part with that money when you can add $40 and have a solid ESC like the Etti 150 and the 200amp will be out soon. If they say they can do it then it will.

Hi

I have a upgraded supervee with a feigao 8xl motor in it. I use 2cell lipo batteries with 25C and 5200mah. I had a Etti 150 but that one died on me on my second drive and it will take me some weeks before it is repaired. And I am wondering about getting a cheap spare esc while I wait for it. My question to you guys is if the Turnigy/Seaking 180A will do good in my setup? Or can I make do with the 120A version of the esc? Hope someone can help me with this. I have to get my boat up and running again!
    Thanks
    Erlend
    Norway

I am very surprised to hear about that ESC. That is a rock solid ESC. Etti will take careof it for you.

My Etti 150 also blew up spectacularly with a 13XL off 6S with a S215 prop on my 31" cat. I still don't know why...
    It took two weeks to get the smell out of the hull, my car and the garage!
    ByE, with a X442 prop you should get decent speed and not pull more than 105-110amps if you run 2x 2S in series (4S1P). I believe the Turnigy 120A should be sufficient.

Si did you all send them back to the seller to be warranted? They back their stuff unless they find some issues were mishandled but I doubt that was an issue.

Unfortunately not. I plucked mine outta the boat and threw it in the trash out of pure frustration... I regret doing that 'cause Steven is extremely helpfull when it comes to replacing defective stuff.

Also the manufacturer is very good to us that sell thier products. Thesee are the first I have heard of. How old were they?

I think we're getting a bit off-topic, but anyway...
    My Etti 150 were brand new, I think it was on the sixth run or so. I received it late January, ran it a couple of times on 30 January, and it blew on the second of February with a 13XL through a S220 prop with 4000mah 6S1P. If you have time you can follow the whole saga here on OSE https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...ead.php?t=5727 . The 13XL shattered its magnets then as well!

I have about 4runs on my turnigy 120 8xl 4s 5000mah lipo first run witha 642 prop 43.4mph
    2nd run 447 52.3 mph 3rd run 648 i got 55.4 mph all on gps and in my delta 33 i just bought from Alvin smith in the swap shop............. so far so good we will see as time goes on my last run was about 1 minute and everything was pretty warm...........
    Hawaiian Tunda

Quote Originally Posted by Tunda View Post
    I have about 4runs on my turnigy 120 8xl 4s 5000mah lipo first run witha 642 prop 43.4mph
    2nd run 447 52.3 mph 3rd run 648 i got 55.4 mph all on gps and in my delta 33 i just bought from Alvin smith in the swap shop............. so far so good we will see as time goes on my last run was about 1 minute and everything was pretty warm...........

linc to the 120 you are refuring to please
    SPRINT CAT 40.........BOOGIMAN 25" MONO 8xl
    EX President of the Offshore FE Vultures Society

Quote Originally Posted by lomdel View Post
    I think we're getting a bit off-topic, but anyway...
    My Etti 150 were brand new, I think it was on the sixth run or so. I received it late January, ran it a couple of times on 30 January, and it blew on the second of February with a 13XL through a S220 prop with 4000mah 6S1P. If you have time you can follow the whole saga here on OSE https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...ead.php?t=5727 . The 13XL shattered its magnets then as well!
    I think the problem here is you are on the edge with 6S1P for both the ESC and the motor. 5S would be the most I would run. What hull and are you using BEC?

Douggie
    Last edited by Flying Scotsman; 05-02-2009 at 11:52 AM.

IF your motor went first then it would fry the ESC.

I just sold 3 of the Turnigy units . I have absolutely nothing bad to say about them . they are extremely easy to program , very smooth , and handle what they claim without breaking a sweat . I bench tested one with a Lehner 2280 turning a 14 inch prop . I dumped 4....6cell 5000 mah packs through one and had to let the motor cool mid-flight benchtesting........passed the 100 amp mark on a few pulls also . the unit was just barely warm through all of this .
    Necessity is the mother of invention.............

Youtube Video's http://www.youtube.com/user/Titanis2000

Quote Originally Posted by ReddyWatts View Post
    Check this out!

Turnigy 180 amp esc

well we are all going to find out how it works...I just ordered one

its going in my Purple Lady on 6s

Quote Originally Posted by lomdel View Post
    We must have posted at the same time... The link : http://cgi.ebay.com/Hobbywing-LED-Pr...742.m153.l1262

thanks for the linc lomdel.....I just ordered the 180amp from hobby city and they were out of the program card......all I could find on the bay was ver 1 which I think dont work on boat esc I heard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12