Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: lipo C rating

cookie guy, got the diagram and it makes perfect sense.Did Jessica help you on this one? I'm having a had time believing that 4 10c packs in this config will give you 20c. Maybe because I deal in ac. I keep getting new things to think about in these posts and you guys are great. I got a new plan but I need to think it through and will run it buy you when I get it together. no prob sven, It was late. thanks again all

Hey guys

iam needing this run by ya i just cant see the wood for the trees iam running 2x 2cell lipo's in series and i got confused while reprogramming my Etti esc whats the cut off i should be setting 2 cell or 4 cell ???

having a brain storm
    Maxamus

It should be set at 4s.
    HK Genesis, DF Vortex, Baja 5T, Lazer ZX-5 sp, XXX, 8T, P51-D Mustang Shangrila, GP Giant P51-D Mustang, Blade 400 3D, with way too many more to list.

THANKS
    that's what Ive got it set to but you know when you get one of those moments your brain is telling you one thing and your sense is telling you another
    so with a good day tomoz will hopefully get some good GPS readings

and a happy Easter to you all
    Maxamus

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by kookie_guy View Post
    you sure that's not for charging lipos? because with the above it's quite simple. If the esc peaks at 45 amps/55 amps momentary, then as long as your battery can provide 55 amps, you are fine. The most the ESC will provide is 55 before melting.

As a safety buffer, I would get packs that can spit out 50% more current, simply to make sure they have a nice long life. So, 55amps + 50% = 82.5amps.

Maybe the formula you are talking about is figuring out how many amps your lipo will sustain.

For example, 4000mah pack rated at 20c/30c burst
    4000mah x 20c / 1000 = 80 amps continuous
    4000mah x 30c / 1000 = 120 amps burst
    Say I am useing 5000mah - 40/50c 4S Lipos on 120A esc's with a motor that draws 42 max amps, will there be any issues?

new to FE and electric RC :)

Quote Originally Posted by C-Mac View Post
    Say I am useing 5000mah - 40/50c 4S Lipos on 120A esc's with a motor that draws 42 max amps, will there be any issues?

new to FE and electric RC :)
    lol, thread back from the dead. Over a year.

Your lipos are rated at 200A continuous, 250A burst. That's what they are capable of providing IF you need it.

Your ESC can put out 120A max, again, IF you need it.

Your motor will only pull 42A as you stated, so your ESC and batteries should barely get warm. If you upgrade the motor to something bigger, or put more of a load on it, you will pull more current. You are safe up to 120A. Any more than that, you risk cooking your ESC. Your batteries will still be ok, as they are easily able to provide the 120A required to do the cooking. Just remember, when ESC goes up in smoke, odds are it will burn your batteries too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12