Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: flood chamber?

Quote Originally Posted by hookedup View Post
    got it. sorry, missed that one. ive watched the vid about 20 times!! be sure to get and post a vid of the "real world" run. thanks will!!
    I will get vid this weekend weather permitting here in lovely Maryland where all the weathermen get the forecast wrong every week!
    Many issues!!!

Quote Originally Posted by H&MWill View Post
    I cut the hull up this evening to make sure I wouldnt change my mind LOL.
    That's funny, I don't care who you are.

Great work Will!!

Doug
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Quote Originally Posted by D.Smock View Post
    That's funny, I don't care who you are.

Great work Will!!

Doug
    Thanks Doug.
    Many issues!!!

Where can I order carbon fiber sheets like this?
    Pro Boat Apache 24 Brushless, Thunder Cat 31
    AquaCraft SV27, AqauCraft UL-1

Quote Originally Posted by brad65 View Post
    Where can I order carbon fiber sheets like this?
    http://stores.ebay.com/Elite-Motoring
    I got mine here. There are alot of other places too if you do a search. Will
    Last edited by H&MWill; 04-14-2009 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Messed up
    Many issues!!!

Quote Originally Posted by H&MWill View Post
    http://stores.ebay.com/Elite-Motoring
    I got mine here. There are alot of other places too if you do a search. Will

Wow that aint cheap!

I got to thinking about this..instead of using the carbon fiber sheets to build a chamber...why couldnt you take a piece of 2" pvc pipe about 20" long and seal off one end..then take the sealed pipe and hold it against the outside of the transome and trace the 2" pipe and cut it out the slide the assembly into the new hole you cut with the sealed end first then just seal around the pipe at the transome end and then secure the pipe inside the hull with epoxy and some cloth

seems like this would work fine...if 2" pipe is to large maybe a 1 1/2" pipe

Quote Originally Posted by bustitup View Post
    I got to thinking about this..instead of using the carbon fiber sheets to build a chamber...why couldnt you take a piece of 2" pvc pipe about 20" long and seal off one end..then take the sealed pipe and hold it against the outside of the transome and trace the 2" pipe and cut it out the slide the assembly into the new hole you cut with the sealed end first then just seal around the pipe at the transome end and then secure the pipe inside the hull with epoxy and some cloth

Wait Wait I got another idea, have you ever bought drill or end mills they come in a plastic long box thats sealing on one end. Man I love this forum and there are alot of smart guys here.

triangle PVC or ABS triangle tube and seal off front and glue to the back of the boat. The hole in the transom is more critcal to be able to fill faster when upside down.
    Run a couple holes with silicone tubes out the side or top for air.

It should work on most v-hulls. The higher you can get it up to the deck the better.

I was thinking the same with the silicone hose connected to the tube and out the top of the boat. I love this idea. I will get the square tube things from work and take some pics for ya

Quote Originally Posted by bustitup View Post

I only used the carbon because it is so light. Try it it might work.
    Many issues!!!

I'm dieing to see a video

Default Here is the vid!!!

Quote Originally Posted by brad65 View Post
    I'm dieing to see a video
    Here is a Vid. The wife was busy so I filmed which Im not good at and dad drove which he isnt good at LOL.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPn2N9IJVtQ
    Many issues!!!

thats sooo trick!!! good job Will.
    OPP Racing "Other Peoples Parts!"
    Island Boys Fast Electrics

I think Dad did a good job!!

Doug
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Thanks guys I appreciate it. Dad thanks you too Doug LOL.
    Many issues!!!

Will I would appreciate it if you could post some pics of the inside of the hull as it sits ready to go. I am interested in battery placement and such...

Default Custom built SV Flood Chamber

Just built and installed my own fibre glass flood chamber similar to - H&M Will - Installed BL Motor and Lipo's and tape seal hatch and did bathtub test - No luck Sv wouldn't roll over she stopped sort of halfway what can I do.... Build looks so good for not to preform it's purpose

Other than removing what youve done and starting over, you may be able to add a little weight to that side.
    Many issues!!!

Quote Originally Posted by showstoppercat View Post
    Just built and installed my own fibre glass flood chamber similar to - H&M Will - Installed BL Motor and Lipo's and tape seal hatch and did bathtub test - No luck Sv wouldn't roll over she stopped sort of halfway what can I do.... Build looks so good for not to preform it's purpose
    bump for the do it yourselfers

Do you have pictures?

all good - since then - drilled some couple of extra holes - works perfect rolls in about 10sec's lovit

That is the sickest thing I have ever seen! Not having to worry about crashing and being able to drive all out has to take the enjoyment factor up a few levels.

Please post some photos of all this hard work so all can see thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by showstoppercat View Post
    How far over did it go ? if the prop is in the water you might find you can accelerate and self right, my oval master has a flood chamber and would right itself fairly quick but very quickly to the halfway point, then you just nail it and the flood chamber empties. At the time the flood chamber was built in my boat we did another OM26 first and found that the hole in the transom for the f/c had to be about 1/3 of the transom width. also a hole in the bottom at the front of the FC let air out and helped the boat right quicker
    Matt.
    FE, Nitro and Gas racing in Auckland
    www.rcboats.co.nz

I think I should try this so I can leave the fishin real at home!
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Quote Originally Posted by crabstick View Post
    How far over did it go ? if the prop is in the water you might find you can accelerate and self right, my oval master has a flood chamber and would right itself fairly quick but very quickly to the halfway point, then you just nail it and the flood chamber empties. At the time the flood chamber was built in my boat we did another OM26 first and found that the hole in the transom for the f/c had to be about 1/3 of the transom width. also a hole in the bottom at the front of the FC let air out and helped the boat right quicker
    I noticed this also with the guy thats selling the kit for these. It looks as though if it doesn't flip over perfectly it might get stuff half way and then you use the throttle to get her going. I've looked at mine over and over but just haven't started anything. The main reason I haven't done anything is the batterys I have are huge and would be a pain in the butt to fit with a new wall in the way. I'm surprised there isn't more people posting results and pictures yet. Hopefully I will hack up mine this year and post so results.

Anybody know of a hull we could switch over all the guts out of the sv that has a flood chamber in it already?

I fell the same way all my lipos are 40c and very thick not much room please post some pics.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12