Thread: sv hopping badly in turns

Default sv hopping badly in turns

need some help re-setting up my sv to turn. had it set up to say in the water on 5 cell speed passes now i cant get it to turn like it used to.

So your running 5 cell lipo i assume if so witch side do you have the 3 cell on i would try it on the left side of the boat and try to move them forward. Sound like your COG is off.

I was running 5 cell before, and it was on the right side. But now is on 2x 2s with battery trays removed and lipos moved upward slightly.

How far is upward slightly?

Lipo's are much lighter, they will need to be moved up towards the front a little ways
    Z
    KBB34" Mono - Fast
    ToySport Triton- Not as fast

well i have velcro way up there, so how far north of the orig location should they be.

With lipos 1/3 of the pack towards the front of the motor plate try there to start.

so 1/3 of the pack in front of the motor plate

Quote Originally Posted by 6S HYDRO View Post
    so 1/3 of the pack in front of the motor plate
    Yes
    Z
    KBB34" Mono - Fast
    ToySport Triton- Not as fast

so this issue is only caused by cog? seems like when i played w/ strut depth it changed the effects but would still hop. could it be caused by bent hardware? i let my buddy drive it and it went upshore at about full power- but everything seems dead straight. i did have to do some fiberglass work.

Hopping in the turn at full speed is quite common in the SV. We have 6 boats in our club and they all hopped in the turns. The problem, as we found, is the turn fin is too short. We used the original turn fin as a pattern on a piece of .064 aluminum plate and leghtened the fin by one inch. Some of the guys also bent the fin so it hangs straight down instead of on an angle. I personally like the fin straight down. I am running a Fiegao 8XL motor on 30C lypo's and running in the high 40's and can make a right hand turn at full throttle hardly any hop. There is some, in rough water, but nowhere near what is was with the short stock fin.