Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Too many Guns

Default Too many Guns

Whats going on in the USA 3 separate mass killings in one week
    260 millions firearms no wonder

Guns in a sick society is like how Disney World would be to a pedophile... nothing but opportunity!
    Samuel Johnson - “An injustice anywhere is an injustice everywhere.” William Cooper "listen to everything, read everything, and believe nothing unless you can prove it in your own research!"

Quote Originally Posted by RCprince View Post
    Guns in a sick society is like how Disney World would be to a pedophile... nothing but opportunity!
    100%

Oh boy, this topics going to be a hot one.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Quote Originally Posted by EPower View Post
    I'm sure that if you ask all the bad guys real nice they will turn there guns in when the good guys have to turn theres in to the Gov.

Steven is right....this could be a hot one but I will refrain from spewing my views on our rights as citizens.

Had one of those people been armed it may not have happened.

Some have no way out in this bad economy and are in bad shape. But when you kill your kids then it makes me even sicker.

There is no answer to this. Damned if you do and Damned if you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Wohlt View Post

Had one of those people been armed it may not have happened.

Please allow me to remind you that over the past month 7 of those killed were police officers, 4 in Oakland, 3 in Pittsburgh. I am fairly certain that they were armed.

If trained police officers accustomed to violent conflict were gunned down, I wonder how an untrained civilian would fare.
    Don't get me started

Well a couple of those issues were the cops walked in to it and got shot at point blank. These people had a history.

I like remote ideas....send up the little remote unit and see what is there first.

You will be considered armed and dangerous until proven otherwise. Kinda like you are considered guilty now until you prove you are not... Sit in jail until you can prove you are innocent. Which is wrong!!

There are a hundred ways to kill someone so do not think banning guns will stop it.

What then swords? Bow and arrow and on and on, pellet guns? Where does it end.

I hate it too. Makes the rest of us that are good with our guns and obey the law look bad.

Ok I will admit that we the average Citizen should not have or own guns...I really think the answer is that we the average citizen should own Flashlights

The best Flashlight EVER

How many of the weapons used were legal?

1) Owner had proper permit.
    2) Owner obtained legally.
    3) Owner was in possession.
    4) Owner was not chemically or otherwise impaired.
    5) Owner was lawfully carrying at time of shooting.

An ambush is planned murder. You can use all kinds of weapons - if you're set on killing people, you'll find a way.

Very sad, I feel for the officers, and the would-be citizens. And their families. And the families of the perps.

Andy
    Spektrum Development Team

Quote Originally Posted by Bill-SOCAL View Post
    Please allow me to remind you that over the past month 7 of those killed were police officers, 4 in Oakland, 3 in Pittsburgh. I am fairly certain that they were armed.
    One of the key elements you forget is that police are now "hesitating" before drawing their weapons. Why?

"Will I get sued by the ACLU if I draw my gun?"
    "With the radical feminist police chief of Oakland suspend me for not being tolerant of the suspect's diversity?"
    "Will I be terminated for being a racist, homophobe, bigot?"

Yes, they may have been armed, but their training on the range may have been neglected during their "Diversity Training".
    A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves

Yeah & to think

ALL IT WOULD HAVE TAKEN IS ONE GOOD CITIZEN NOT AFFRAID TO CARRY HIS OR HER GUN COULD HAVE STOPPED IT

Quote Originally Posted by bustitup View Post
    Ok I will admit that we the average Citizen should not have or own guns...I really think the answer is that we the average citizen should own Flashlights

The best Flashlight EVER
    Steven Vaccaro

Its not the guns, its the lax judges out there and over crowded prisions.

Its time for a "Escape from New York" style jail system.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082340/

There must be some island we can just dump murderers, rapist and child molesters.
    Steven Vaccaro

I will bring up a different issue, how well trained are the police today in dealing with the violent and mental problems within our society. A bash on the head with a batton to a thief and a kick up the ass to stupid kids worked before. Cops used to walk the beat and were seen as pillars of our society and had an understanding of their community problems....not now. We are to blame as we have taken away the power of teachers to discipline and as we have failed as parents to carry out our duty to our children.
    Also a citizen carrying a gun only increases the potential problems.

Douggie

Andy and Dr. jet are on the money.

I just know if I am armed in a situation and am probably going to be killed or shot at I want a chance to live.

Let's not forget...we employee those people to do a job. They know the issues. Same as military and then we get some of them saying...but I did not sign up to go to war.

To see our officers killed is the worst...they are dads too....when bad people shoot bad people like gang stuff I think we are just saving tax payers money. Sad but true.

One lady reported the other week that she sleeps in her bathtub at night because of the stray bullets coming thru her walls. Some cops won't even go to parts of certain towns.

Do I carry when I walk in to fill my car up with gas...heck no but we have had two issues of people coming in and shooting the attendant on the floor and leaving with little to no money. I live in a town of 38,000 people.

All I think about is saving my kids if an issue comes up. That is enough to put me in to gear to do whatever I need to. My kids are shooters and know how to handle guns as well. The 9 yr loves the shotguns but also likes to shoot my 9mm. We have fun doing it just like running boats. They also learn to respect guns early. No reason to fear guns when you are educated on them. We have all passed our hunters classes with our state. They know a gun is to be considered loaded at all times when handling even when double checked and safety on and the chamber is empty.

Other than that...I am the nicest guy one would meet :)

I agree with you, Douggie, except for the last sentence.

Law abiding and gun trained citizens are not a threat to society.

The cops that got shot had no idea what they were walking in to and no time to react.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Wohlt View Post
    I agree with you, Douggie, except for the last sentence.

Law abiding and gun trained citizens are not a threat to society.

The cops that got shot had no idea what they were walking in to and no time to react.
    Jeff, I was brought up using shotguns and rifles for hunting purposes. Concealed weapons, I have no time for, but if I lived in the USA and was a store ownner, I may have a gun under the counter, but there is no need for citizens to be carrying concealed weapons. Is this still the WILD WEST.

Douggie

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Scotsman View Post
    but there is no need for citizens to be carrying concealed weapons.
    Diane Feinstein feels the same way. She carries. But she votes so that WE cannot. There's a word for that attitude - HYPOCRITE!

Is this still the WILD WEST.
    Not STILL, but ONCE AGAIN.

And it's because of the lack of discipline that is being forced on children by the left. Because people cannot use corporal punishment (without fear of the local child welfare office), the children have created their own form of capital punishment.

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Camman View Post
    Yeah & to think

ALL IT WOULD HAVE TAKEN IS ONE GOOD CITIZEN NOT AFFRAID TO CARRY HIS OR HER GUN COULD HAVE STOPPED IT
    And have a good old shoot out bring back the wild west

hmmm wild west eh?

Back then you steal a man's horse and you will be hung or shot. Now they get a fine and some community service.

Even the wild west had more code of ethics than todays villan. And no machine guns. Would I hang out in saloons...hell no.

I've know many good citizens who tried to play hero and ended up a zero.
    Samuel Johnson - “An injustice anywhere is an injustice everywhere.” William Cooper "listen to everything, read everything, and believe nothing unless you can prove it in your own research!"

Gun runners of the World and they are all Permanent U.N. Security Council Members: China, Russian Federation, France, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and the United States of America.

On my point of teachers too many women. A boy especially and a girl will take a tongue lashing from a male teacher as long as they do not run home and say guess what the teacher said to me. The parent then gets upset and calls the principal and ????
    Please note my wife is a teacher and is of the old school, yes she is fortunate she teaches in a private school and the parents have to pay for their education. There are no metal detectors prior to entering the premises as is the case in all Canadian/European schools, and yes, they have had their fair share of gun problems. Parents, take a long good look at your kids and your parenting skills

Douggie

And have a good old shoot out bring back the wild west
    If we have too

I can only speak for myself
    but there wouldn't be much of a shoot out with me

All I do know is I WILL protect my fellow brothers & sisters
    who are afraid to own a gun from any wrong doing by
    some psycho gun toting scum

AND GLADLY TAKE THE REPRUCUSSIONS OF DOING SO

GOD BLESS AMERICA
    PROTECT YOUR! RIGHTS

I am done
    I am going back to the RC stuff

Quote Originally Posted by RCprince View Post
    I've know many good citizens who tried to play hero and ended up a zero.
    But at least they had that choice. Take away their means of self defense and they have no choice.

The left wants us all to be "pro-choice," right? I'm pro-choice on abortion too - let the children live, grow up, and choose to be the best citizens they can be!

Want to solve the Social Security problem? Have more kids! (I did my part - we have 7).

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Camman View Post
    If we have too

I can only speak for myself
    but there wouldn't be much of a shoot out with me

All I do know is I WILL protect my fellow brothers & sisters
    who are afraid to own a gun from any wrong doing by
    some psycho gun toting scum

AND GLADLY TAKE THE REPRUCUSSIONS OF DOING SO

GOD BLESS AMERICA
    PROTECT YOUR! RIGHTS

I am done
    I am going back to the RC stuff
    God bless all not just America

I guess it is time for Obama's civilian security force.

One Day Americans will wake up and realize that Presidents are just front men, Max Headrooms... Obama, Bush, Clinton, Bush, Reagan, Carter, Ford, Nixon...et'al and when that day comes they'll put away their Easter eggs and start searching for the real truth of why Our Constitution no longer protects us and why Corporations have the same rights as living Human Being.

Sadly until we as a country care more about what is really going on than who wins the NCAA tournament or American Idol, I doubt much will change.
    Don't get me started

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast