Thread: PC Programing for ETTI ESC?

Question PC Programing for ETTI ESC?

Is there a PC programing cable available for the ETTI 150 BEC 6-24v or does it just beep at you

I've been campaigning with them for a programming device/interface for some while now, but they are not in a hurry to develop one now (other stuff more important...) It is on the drawing board though for the future and if that happens the current units will probably not be backwards compatible. I am just as frustrated by the myriad of beeps, rings, and the uncertainty of wether your settings is stored or not. Most of the other ESC manufacturers have a card or PC programmability, why should Etti be different?

Still easy to program there are two different beeps

There seems to be 4 beeps a ring tone a high tone a low tone and a quiet tone when selecting in a section mode

A lot of people have been asking for this here in the UK - I think Etti are losing sales because of it. People have heard the controllers are difficult to programme, and won't buy them.

I noticed the caps on my Etti controller got very hot, very quickly when programming, so I would suggest doing it in stages and give the unit time to cool down between goes.

Quote Originally Posted by paulwilliams View Post
    A lot of people have been asking for this here in the UK - I think Etti are losing sales because of it. People have heard the controllers are difficult to programme, and won't buy them.

I noticed the caps on my Etti controller got very hot, very quickly when programming, so I would suggest doing it in stages and give the unit time to cool down between goes.
    The caps should not get hot at all when programming,how long did it take you to program your esc ?

What are you looking to program? timing,voltage cutoff or what?

I will write Dee as well and maybe Steve will too. They should be able to make them when some of the cheapies can do it. They now even have remote control programming like the scorpions.

I've programed the cut off voltage for 4s the timing to(6-8 pole motor) which so far I have only assumed is correct for a 7xl Fiegao and the PWM option to 8K also assumed because motor is less than 3000kv
    I've recently noticed that Steven OSE is selling an ETTI power analyzer so i ordered one of these which display's the settings that have been saved.
    My main concern was did I save the settings that I had chosen.

Quote Originally Posted by monoman View Post
    I've programed the cut off voltage for 4s the timing to(6-8 pole motor) which so far I have only assumed is correct for a 7xl Fiegao and the PWM option to 8K also assumed because motor is less than 3000kv
    I've recently noticed that Steven OSE is selling an ETTI power analyzer so i ordered one of these which display's the settings that have been saved.
    My main concern was did I save the settings that I had chosen.
    Just remember that the Feigao XL motors are 2-pole...

Cheers mate I've been meaning to find out

The fact that the ETTI does not have a programming card or computer link is the only reason I have not purchased one. As I am anal in confirmation of voltage cutoff, timing, # of cells, etc.

Douggie

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Scotsman View Post
    The fact that the ETTI does not have a programming card or computer link is the only reason I have not purchased one. As I am anal in confirmation of voltage cutoff, timing, # of cells, etc.

Douggie
    I know, Schuize also does not have any of that but with some patience i can overcome that

Please post on this forum as well to make our needs known to Etti : http://www.astecmodels.co.uk/bb3/vie...php?f=22&t=723