Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Connecticut

Stan.....I think what i will do is go to my pond real early Sun. morning to make some SAW runs with the yellow boat because its safer there as far as access plus i am familer with the water there.Then i will head over to your middletown lake with the red boat and meet up with you guys.

Default Sunday Saw Run

What time are you going to Oxford? We'll meet you there.

Regarding Middletown; Jay and I both hit something that bent our turn fins. Let's hold off on M'town until we find out what and exactly where it is. It must have happened with all the rain we got, I know it wasn't there before. We will try to remove whatever it is when we find it.

Oh ..ok i will get there around 7:00-7:15. Hopefully no one is fishing. Weather looks to be good. See you there.Ive been talking to my boat every night so i think its ready to crack 90mph LOL

Default Time to spin the props

Gary, how's this Saturday looking to turn the props?

Im stuck working this Saturday and Sunday im moving my son into his Dorm for school. So this weekend is out. I will try for next week. ..............Hows everything going?

everything is OK on this end, hope the move goes well this weekend.

Default Batteries

Gary: What the name of place you get your lipos from? I'm getting ready to make a move.

rc lipos .com ask for Pat...great guy!! you want at least 30-60 c batteries for what your doing and you will be very happy.

Gary.

Are you planning on running any time during the long weekiend?

Just read your post.....day late and a dollar short !!!! Anyhow you guys have a day thats good?

Default Saturday washout

Looks like Saturday morning is a washout, Maybe next week. How does it look for you?

Both boats are dead . Went to check ESC in fast boat tonight and she smoked a little than died. I will have to wait for new replacements from castle.

Default Magic Smoke

Bummer about the ESC. I also was a sad recipient of the dreaded Magic smoke yesterday.

I was trying out the new Lipos from Pat. Everything was going great, I started with the small props and worked my way up always checking the temps and then going to the next higher prop. The boat hauld and was throwing a monster rooster tail. I was happy with the results.

I had one more prop to try, a 642, went out about a half a lap, the boat was flying. Then the dreaded magic smoke puffed out of the boat and I was dead in the water. Won't be using that prop again.

Will you be ready to run this Saturday? Let me know.

No im still waiting for another red Formula hull....I wont even get into that storey untill i see you LOL . Sat and Sun i think i will make 1 run very early in the morning. I only have 1 shot at breaking 100mph each morning because i only have 1 pair of batteries. I put alot of work into the yellow boat and i need to post 100mph or better. This is a expensive game with myself but i know i can do it. So no sense in meeting up without my Red boat. Hopefully next Sun.???

Default The Centurian Mark

Jay just got some new batteries and their charging now, nice and slow. Will have to do some soldering first thing in the morning. We will try to get there around 8:00. Hope to see you there providing its not raining.

lm am waiting for new Red boat hull so i can run with you guys..still havent told you that storey , but the good news is Yellow boat went 102mph. I cooked the esc and had a blow over but i didnt care. Anyhow I should be good to go 2nd week of October the 10th or 11th because i dont have to work.

Default The 10th / 11th

102 that's great. When are you going to go for an official run? On another note: It stinks when you get the magic smoke, it really does stink, and its hard to get rid of the smell.

Oxford or Dooly Pond in Middletown? Are we on for both days and what time? Let me know.

Sat. or Sun. should be no problem as long as my new hull comes in so i can build it. Let me know what day.Can be there around 8:00am and what ever pond you want, dosent matter because i will have just the red boat . If its Dooley i need directions because i can not find an address for it.

Default Red Boat Maiden Voyage

Lets shoot for Saturday, if the weather stinks Sunday. 8:00am sounds good. I hope the weather will be good for at least one of those days.

Ok great. What Lake do you want to meet at?

Default Weekend

Gary,

Lets go with Saturday, 8:00am in Oxford. See you there.

Wind looks a little high so we will have to hope for the best. Boat just came in so im all set to go!!!

Well this sucks..I just got booted out of the lake for trespassing to close to the railroad tracks! I have to call O@G and see what can be done about geting to the lake without crossing the tracks.

Default Gate keeper

Were you able to boat before they gave you the boot? Jay and I went riding around Saturday before you got there. There may be a way to get to the pond with out crossing the tracks. We spotted a gate but did not get out of the car to see if the gate was locked. We can only hope it is not.

Was the access blocked off? Were you confronted by a live person? what will happen if you are caught there again?

We never tried Crystal Lake in Meriden, maybe we should give it a chance. The place is not to far from the Berlin Turnpike.

The cops came and gave me a warning. Its not the pond itself but the fact that you have to cross the railroad tracks to get there and Amtrack is cracking down. I have seen guys dragging boats across the tracks so i think they frown apon that!!!

ok got my permit from O@G now i have to figure a short cut to get where we go. They said the entrance is all the way down the end . I will check it out.

Default Access

I think I know where it is. If you turn right instead of left to the quarry and follow that road to a sharp left hand turn you will see a gate that goes under the RR Track. I don't know if the gate is locked but that might be what they are talking about.

Its not suposed to be locked acording to them so i will check it out.

I checked it out and it is the next street over on the right. You have to park in the street and walk down. So its best to get better "Carry bags" to get everything to the lake. Now when you come in through the gate and take a right, your entering from under the bridge you drove over. In other words when we looked to the left when runing the boats where we would stand you could see the bridge ...thats the entrance area.

Hey guys. Thought i would say hello. Havent seen you in a while. Looks like we are in for a long cold winter with all the lakes frozen. This sucks !!!! All boats are ready though!!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast