Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Connecticut

ooops ....crashed it real good. Had to put guts in a new hull. Its a better hull "i hope" but its a half pound heavier. I will try and test tonight. We have to get togather soon.

Maybe the weight will keep you prop down in the water. Jay got a new motor for his rig. When do you think you will be ready to try yours out?

I just got this message today, don't know what happened to my e-Mail.

Took a long time to figure this new hull out. Had to make sponson pads just to ballance this new hulls ride on the water. But just came back tonight and it stays in the water ...........more often then not.........and went a 71mph to start so i am happy the bugs are almost out. I just orderd the new 40-80c batteries and think i can get close to 80mph. Wait till you see this thing go, it flys.....sometimes literaly. LOL Hope you guys get all your stuff sorted out so we can meet soon.

Default New Ride

Sounds like you've got a winner. How does it do in the turns?

Jay's ESC won't be in for at least another week. I have a major audit going on but should be free Fiday evening and Saturday morning.l Let me know if you want to get together, what time, your pond or mine, it doesn't matter.

Are you guys north or south of Waterbury off of Rte 8 ??? Thanks.

Default Location

Actually the three of us live in Milford, Wallingford, and Northford. We run in Wallingford and Oxford. Where abouts do you hang your hat?

I'm about 40 mins west of danbury over in NY. Used to run with Chris & Dan Fine.
    Still have the Team Believer,and some other projects.It's all been in dry-dock for awhile now.Looking to see whats going on within reasonable driving distance.
    If anything..............

So far Fiday the wind looks a little high..........who knows. I have to work Sat. and have a party after that. Plus my batts wont be here till friday evening.How about early monday morning.....you guys dont have to work right? I will keep checking the weather. I need dead flat water with a lot of room and this time of year is a pain with the wind.

Default Monday

Early Monday morning at your site will is a good possibility, keep in touch.

Default Monday

Gary:

Are you still planning on running your boat Monday Morning? Let me know.

Gary, are you still planning on running your boat Monday morning? Let me know.

Yes i am. I am going to be there around 7:00-7:30 ...hopefully no wind. I at least want to get in two good flat water runs to test the new batteries and then have some fun runs after that. Might even try tonight .
    Last edited by Gary; 05-24-2009 at 10:38 AM.

Default Monday

Great, we'll see you tomorrow around 7:00.

Default Monday

Great day lots of fast runs and spectacular fly overs. The epoxy I used was for structural applications. West Marine #9223157 (655-K) the only drawback is that it takes about 7 hrs to set up and 24 hours to fully cure. The advantage is that when fully cured it is rock solid and strong.

Default Weekend

Gary, What are your plans for this weeked?

NOTHING. Boat is destroyed. Hit a "the" log to the left at the pond, nothing i could do. GPS was at 75 when she finally got on plane. She was headed for mid 80s again for sure. Im SICK.

Default That Sucks

Just when you get a boat that you know will work well for you.
    Does anybody make a titanium hull maybe

Cant get another hull so i am patching it back up. OHWELL. Hopefully will see the pond this weekend.

Default Humpty Dumpty

Its no fun trying to put all those pieces back together again but ya do what ya gotta do.

I'll be away for a week. We can't hit the water until some parts to come in. Hopefull they will be in today or Thrusday before I leave.

If the weather holds out we will try our stuff out in Wallingford after work, Ill give you a call if its a go.

Did you look into the West Marine resin system I told you about?

Wheres my ct boys. Im ready to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let me know

Default Were here

Just got back from Vacation this weekend. Jay got a 180 amp ESC and a 2700 KV motor for the UL. The thing kept melting the solder off the Deans connectors so he switched to 4mm bullet connectors that we had on hand that also melted the solder.

We might be in the market for some batteries at this time. We should talk.

Did you get Humpty Dumpty together again or did you get a new Hull?

How does Saturday sound if the weather holds? Wallingford or Oxford?

Oh man i have to work this sat. Let me figure a time out thats good for all. Man the UL will fly with a 2,700 kv . BTW...........take a look in the video section and look under Miss attitude 80 mph run.Humpty Dumpty lives!!!!!!!!!

Default Humpty Dumpty

Nice job.
    Are you ready for the VOODOO Prop? Maybe you'll break a 100.

Have both boats done. Shooting for this Saturday at Beacon Falls if weather is good.

Default Saturday-maybe

Jay and I had a serious collisions with each other last week. We're both rebuilding our sponsons. I don't know if we'll be ready by Saturday but may we can come and see those babies run. I'll call you later this if the weather cooperates.

oh no..what happened. Did they take on water?

Default The crash

We were on a new lake that was at least 4 times larger than where we usually go. We were about 100 feet from each other, I began to turn and Jay cut the corner and T-Boned me. My cowl is slightly damaged and there are a bunch of stress fractures on the sponsons. Jay has severe damage to one of his sponsons, the glue let go in the front of the sponsons where the top and bottom half meet.

I took in water because my cowl was damaged. Have not checked to see if the boat is working electricly yet.

Default Weekend

jGary,

How's it looking for this weekend, let me know.

Hey bud....well it was looking good. I orderd a new prop that could put me near 100mph . All my stuff came , and when i went to test everything before i packed it up,my servo was not responing correctly. Then the reciever died. Found out the rechargable batteries that i use the connections rusted and must have shorted out so now i have to order a reciever and another battery pack. I might rigg up some used back up stuff only because i really want to see if the prop works but that coud be a recipe for disaster because there will be no failself so probably next week on a sunday i can do, i have work saturday.
    Last edited by Gary; 08-01-2009 at 08:13 PM.

Default Keep me posted

Let me know if its a go for next weekend, any word on those batteries you were talking about?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast