Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Connecticut

Default Connecticut

Any clubs or anyone in the Connecticut area?

Default CT RC boaters

There are a couple of us running FE's in Wallingford. We run a SV-27, BJ-26, UL-1, Minicat and Stinky Pete a BJ-55 gas boat. Your welcome to join us, what do you have?

I would love to . I have a Formula hydro electric that i built...just like a Miss Bud hydro, And my biggist headach a Bandit Larsony Hydro. Just clocked it at 69.8 mph but i need a large calm lake. Im in Milford. When do you run. Also i run at a huge isolated lake in Oxford. Its an old quary and no one is ever around. Its a good 1/2 mile long.

Send me a PM with your contact information.

Good times guys...you where great and thanks for" reeling her "back in. Hope to do it again soon. HEY JUST ONE MORE TIME LOL !!!!!!

By the way JAY if you go on www.modelpowerboats.com you will find the answers to the problem with your Black Jack boat. I think that prop needs to be much deeper. Check it out !!!

Default Last Sunday

We also had good time. Hopefull more people from from CT. will chime in so we can get a group going. I have already scoped out the perfect spot for your high speed run. Its in Middletown right off of Rt. 17.

Can you give me the name of that battery supplier again?

Its WWW.RCLIPOS.COM There is a huge selection of batteries. You can order online or call Pat direct. Tell him Gary that burns up batteries said to call. He will know exactly who i am LOL I guess im just going to wait for good weather at the quary lake to make the fast run . I feel much safer there and have access to the baot anywhere around it if it blows over. I just need a calm morning. I will watch the weather for this sat. or sunday. 70+ here i come !!!
    Last edited by Gary; 04-06-2009 at 09:27 PM.

We'd like to see this. Lets see how it goes with the weather.

I will definetly bring the video camera for that one!!!!

Default Running boats

Are you still planning on running boats this Saturday?

The Afternoon looks better than the morning.

Will also need some directions.

I dont know. The wind forcast seems to be a little high and this place tends to be windy in the afternoon. I might try early sun. morning. I will have to wait and see.

Default Sunday

Sunday is a no can do with Easter upon us. I did run the UL tonight, check out the thread under UL-1 I just posted.

Thanks for the Corrosion-X on the receiver, I took it home that day and put it on top of the Plasma Screen. Not too hot, just warm, seem to dry it out and works like new.

Just got back from the big lake. Boat made a pass that was faster than i have ever seen...well into 70mph but was cut short buy a blow over at 69 mph. I was thrilled and the blow over was spectacular !!!!!!!!! you would have loved it. Plus my new boat took its maiden voyage at 44 mph . Water was like glass but it was getting to dark and i could not see anymore. I will see what this weekend looks like. Buy the way its exit 23 off route 8......... Its the O&G quary in Oxford.

Default High Speed Run

How does this Saturday look for you at the Quarry?

I hit 51 today at the pond, I think I could have gone faster but I ran out of water. I could tell because of the sharp spikes recorded in the data logger indicate that I was still accelerating.

I think I can get 4-8 more MPH if I remove the turn fin but I don't know how squirlly the boat will be without it and forget about making a turn.

dont worry about the fin, it will turn slow but it will stay stable. But i would just cut it down like i did....it will help

I will be there around 7 -7:30 sat. morning as long as the wind report is low. did you try and google it. I dont know where your coming from to get there.

I've been away on buisness an just found out today that I will have to work at least a half a day in the morning.

Give me the location anyways and I'll give you a call when I get out.
    I would like to see your new baby run.

Stan ...this weekend is no good. Forgot i will be away. Do you want to try something like on a tues,wed,thurs night. Get there at 6:00 or so ....sun doesnt go down untill around 7:45 and wind usually dies down. Just a thought.

Things are off the hook at work, I've been putting in serious hours. I could tentatively shoot for Thursday but no guarantees with the way things are going at work.

Hey these days having alot of work is a good thing right? At my dealership i think we are the only ones that have a ton of work. Amen to that!! No problem just let me know. Ps ..I just painted the boat you saw a bright red and made a new cowl ...wait till you see it!!!!

Stan ....looks like Wed. the 29 there will only be 2- 4 mph winds that night . Im going to be there at about 6:30 - 6:45 . It should be calm i hope.

Can you please give me the directions again. I lost the paper I wrote them on.

For me its Exit 23 going North on Route 8. I come down route 34 and jump on 8 to get there. Its the O@G Quary. Take Left off exit and follow over a bridge and take first left. Follow down road and on left side its the only opening to get in. Walk across rail road track and there you are. Its 2 min. off exit. CAREFULL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rail road line is still active

I will call you when I get out of work tomorrow around 4:30 to see if the plans are still on.

Damn wind !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Jay and I went out tonight -it was windy but the boats handled it. I ran the four zippys at once, two pairs in parallel. The boat ran well and motor ran way cooler than it did last night.

Tryin for early Sat. morning...and mabe Sun......Looks good. Gota crack that 70 barrier!!!!!!!!!! Gettin tired of this weather!!!!

WOOOOOO HOOOOOO........Did it . 73.4 mph !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Water was perfect. Might go back tonight........ looks to be good as well with no wind in forcast, i will try for 75 mph.

Great news, keep it going. This week doesn't look to good as far as weather goes. Keep in touch.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast