Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I don't want u-joint any more!

Brad65,

The best thing you can do for more speed is run at a bigger lake! LOL!

Seriously though, until you can run it for a distance in a straight line I don't think you can see your true top speed. Once you get the boat running at top speed you may see that you have reached the top speed of the hull. I know when I head into the wind I am real close to blowing over at my top speed, so you will be right on the ragged edge because you should be running faster than I am. You possibly could add weight to the hull to help settle it down if needed. You will have to try a few things to see what works for you. I would be interested in what works for you. Have fun trying.

Quote Originally Posted by FE Wannabe View Post
    Brad65,

The best thing you can do for more speed is run at a bigger lake! LOL!

Seriously though, until you can run it for a distance in a straight line I don't think you can see your true top speed. Once you get the boat running at top speed you may see that you have reached the top speed of the hull. I know when I head into the wind I am real close to blowing over at my top speed, so you will be right on the ragged edge because you should be running faster than I am. You possibly could add weight to the hull to help settle it down if needed. You will have to try a few things to see what works for you. I would be interested in what works for you. Have fun trying.
    Thats sad and funny at the same time, your right I am pushing this this hard. The ass end is everywhere, I'll post more mods when I come up with an idea where I want to go next. Thanks again for you advice.
    Pro Boat Apache 24 Brushless, Thunder Cat 31
    AquaCraft SV27, AqauCraft UL-1

Quote Originally Posted by brad65 View Post
    Thats sad and funny at the same time, your right I am pushing this this hard. The ass end is everywhere, I'll post more mods when I come up with an idea where I want to go next. Thanks again for you advice.
    You probably have to add some wieght to the rear because you lipo pack probably is much lighter than a stock 6 cell NIMH pack ....maybe weight it and compaire it to NIMH and add the weight differeance back into the boat.
    :p What go faster that's what I like to do!
    Custom RC radio steering grips
    WWW.PPRSLOTS.COM

Quote Originally Posted by SweetZ28 View Post
    You probably have to add some wieght to the rear because you lipo pack probably is much lighter than a stock 6 cell NIMH pack ....maybe weight it and compaire it to NIMH and add the weight differeance back into the boat.
    I have a bigger 3s battery that weighs more I could try that. But my biggest problem is the hull needs to be gutted to move the weight from the top to the bottom of the hull so it won't be so top height. In doing that I have to come up with a way to reinforce the hull and mount the motor. Which I don't want to do since the flexable hull takes up the play from the miss matched motor coupler (so sad). I'm not sure if I want to gut the boat yet.

Ok I tested max time full out run and temps today. I got 6 mins balls out full throttle in the straights and as fast as I could go in the turns none stop intill the battery reached 3.2 volts each cell (I could see it getting slower). Brought boat back in Esc 68 degs, motor 80 degs, and battery 120 degs. I know my battey is small and only 35 burst amps but its working. I'm thinking a 3000mah would be prefect for this boat. All and all still having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by brad65 View Post
    Thanks bro, I saw your theard and your running gear which looks good. Yes I'm running the stock running gear with octura blue plastic prop with is the same size as stock. I've own'd a shockwave 26 before and I ran a vxl system with a large metal prop which destroyed the u-joint (main reason I started this thread). I'm sticking with plastic props with stock hardware on this boat. I have a stock blackjack 26 prop which I know will make this thing even sicker but I don't think I have enough weight to keep this boat on the water plain and simple. So I'm unsure where I want to go with the boat as it sits. Do I stiffen up the hull, add turn fins and tabs and add weight to the boat then try different props. Or just drive and enjoy the boat, its fun! Speed is addicting, I went from stock motor/esc/battery to 14.4v custom sodered 550 brushed motor/16.8v esc on 4s battery to now true boat brushless powered system on 3s. Every time I'm getting faster and getting slowly used to the power and wanting more. Funny this esc can handle 6s. Humm I wonder how it will run on 4s hehe LOL.... Wow boat are fun, I hope this site gets busier.
    To be honest im running a full blackjack system in my apache and it looks like it might just keep up with yours, BUT im also using the blackjacks stock prop too and running Nimh batteries at the time being. I had just broke my universal joint about 25mins ago at the pond. had the prop pitched up out of the water so it would stand up some, and it was real choppy already it stood up jumped landed turned flipped and broke all in the same motion on 7.2v nimh CrAzY! Add a little weight to the front of it pitch the transom into the water and throw the blackjack prop on it. Just dont make fast turns. It goes backwards with the nose in the water about as fast as it does forward with the prop. LOL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12