Thread: I don't want u-joint any more!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default I don't want u-joint any more!

Hey guys whats up I'm a newbie on the fourm but I'v been in the rc hobby for years. I know I should have purchased the BlackJack26 first instead of the apache but I can't help modding things. I've already blown up the stock esc and the stock brushed motor with my 3s 5000 maxamp. I then installed a traxxas 14.4v Tatian motor which I soder brass tubes for water cooling to the brushed ends with help alot. I even got to run 4s 2000mah with the traxxas 16.8v esc which really made the body move but the motor is starting to smell, it just can't handle it.

Needless to say I have a 2600kv water cooler brushless 540size with 1/8 motor shaft motor and 60a water cooled esc on order for this boat. But I know I can install everything as is but I'm going to destroy the u-joint with 3s or 4s if not the first time out. So.... I know nothing about flex shafts and the like. Is there a kit that comes with everthing I need to change over? I just don't what to piece things out, I want something that is made for this size boat and wouldnt need major modding. Please guys point be in the right direction
    Last edited by brad65; 04-12-2009 at 01:56 PM.