Thread: Sea Shadow needs a home!

Default Sea Shadow needs a home!

This is old news, but if you need a boat, this one is free of charge:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123543023154353525.html

There may be a few things you have to do to get it and lots of paperwork!
    IMPBA: 7-Time FE World Record Holder "Don't think outside the box. Rather, refuse to admit that the box exists in the first place!"

MGM Controllers - Giant Power Lipos - ML Boatworks - Wholt's Wire Drives & Struts - Nano-Oil

Believe it or not i saw this thing on my way out with my dad to go tuna fishing. I was driving in the San Diego bay around 1 or 2 am and noticed this wierd black out. I keep noticeing some lights i saw a minute ago were off except for the lights a hundred or so feet away from it and then turn back on. After almost 5 minutes of this i got close enough to make out the shape and get a fairly decent look at it. Funny thing was that same year James Bond Blew it up in his new movie. It is a wierd ship and real quite to.
    Failure is the First step to SUCCESS

That's a cool experience! Here in Norfolk, we have the James river and the Seal teams often have all kinds of boats doing training on this waterway. Occasionally we see something futuristic or ridiculously fast.

How close did you get?
    IMPBA: 7-Time FE World Record Holder "Don't think outside the box. Rather, refuse to admit that the box exists in the first place!"

MGM Controllers - Giant Power Lipos - ML Boatworks - Wholt's Wire Drives & Struts - Nano-Oil

I'll take it, it's just what I need for my regular business trips to Columbia.

That sounds pretty cool to all we do here in San Diego they take enlisted navy guys and turn them into seals. Sometimes Ill see a Hovercraft hitting the beach while I am offshore fishing. Here is a question everyone can try and answer does anyone know what SEAL stands for?
    Failure is the First step to SUCCESS

SEAL
    Sea air land ??
    See it....find the photos.....sketch it it....build it........with wood

No Simon I think they mean the animal type seals? I do not think there is a need for Navy seals now the world has run out of oil. JUST KIDDING FOLKS no need for a public lynching

Youv'e got it Simon. Half are on the west coast and the other half are on the east coast here in Virginia Beach, VA. There are 10 teams one of which DEVGRU located at Dam Neck is the naval counter part of the Army's DELTA Force. I have known a few in the 20 some years that I have lived here and they are a quiet but determined bunch. I know a guy that was offered quite a bit of money by Blackwater which is nearby in NC but turned them down because he still had things to be done in the Navy.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

I work with three including a retired Captain, meanwhile many others come through the doors and go off to lunch, etc. There's also a Rear Admiral SEAL-type in our backyard and we often go to lunch with him.

i'm thinking 400s2p......50kv, 20x24 wheels.....potential....would require alot of hatch tape though....

20 x 24 wheels? are those paddle wheels? or transmission? LOL

props............

I guess you'd have to use a serious transformer at 60 cycles!

Very funny highndry!