Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Replacement UL-1 arrived today....WTF?

E-mail sent and thank you for your offer. I look forward to talking with you next week.

Douggie

Just got one My girl got it for me for a early Bday present. Opened box and this is what i found bottom around strut is like a roller coaster and is con cave right before the strut. Sides are really messed up they go in and out and even hair under the decals . Also cracks around seems and it feels like a piece of paper is thicker in some spots.I don't know much about boats only started getting into them last year does anybody ever think this boat would be right I don't see how because it looks like it was squeezed to hard when it was put together. Sorry to jump in your thread if this is in the wrong spot please move to my own thread
    Attached Images Attached Images

WOW!!! that one is really bad! I would send it back!

Looks like QC is getting worse than better. I bet Great Planes is just sick about these. They must have a ton on the shelf to replace.

Might be worth a call to buy the junk hulls to rip the motors/EScs and radios from.

Yea i called and i have to pay shipping back and wait for them to get it back and give me credit so i can get another. Back to start and down 20 in shipping. Just cant believe know body looks at these before they go out that is sad.

I would demand a full refund and then buy the parts and put them in the vacu pickel hull or one of Steve's other hydros and have a fast and stronger hull. If they are not damaged by the manufac then they will be after some runs....too much flex. I really hate to see this but was pretty sure it was going to happen. Epoxy hulls are different than these polyester/painted hulls.

Mike's design is not the problem. They (GP) should have had specs showing minimum hull thickness, etc. for production... a little more is better than a little less.

Pay for Shipping back...you already paid for shipping once.

I was getting ready to pull the trigger on one of these....noway after reading all this bad news

thanks for the heads up guys

They can't all be bad. Buy one from OSE and have Steven open it up and check it first for you. I'm sure if he finds any he will send them back as well and he is a dealer so he may have more leverage.

Quote Originally Posted by bustitup View Post
    I was getting ready to pull the trigger on one of these....noway after reading all this bad news

thanks for the heads up guys
    The design is great the QC suspect, but please remember this an RTR boat and built to a price point, it is still a fun and fast hull and can be modified. A custom built boat would cost you $600 and up and you will still have to build it. Apart from that there are some serious issues that I will discuss with Grim when we talk.

Douggie
    Last edited by Flying Scotsman; 03-29-2009 at 01:43 PM.

These boats should not be being sold right now. They should be pulled from the shelves. Imagine the guys walking into the hobby shop, with no boating experience. "Hmm rtr huh? All I gotta do is buy batteries and a charger? Sweet!" Now imagine their surprise when after the first run the hull has a half a gallon of water in it from a leaky water jacet and the hull is craked in the turn fin area. Great Planes is probably flooded with phone calls about these boats. They should be giving everyone who calls a full refund! How can they not?

That will be one of the points of discussion

Douggie

Doug,

Just so you know and don’t have any extra expectations.

I would like to call you to see how you are doing with YOUR boat and I merely wanted to chat with you about the copy of Lisa’s mail that you placed on here.

Thanks

Grim

Mike, understood and thank you for making the effort. I look forward to the call.

Douggie

Ill step up.. have hobbico import the boats to me first, for a free inspection.

Well after being on the phone for over a hr with hobby services and tower hobbies i finally got tower to send return postage label. Hobby services was no help wanted me to pay shipping back said it was there policy when they got it they would credit or send another. At first they guy from hobby services said the UL1 was a great boat then i told him all the things that was wrong with mine and he replied you must have got one of the bad ones LOL. Well i think im done with Aquacraft until they get a grip on things.

I don't think anyone can blame you for that....
    best of luck, at let's hope that this major company (Hobbico) gets it's act together.
    :::::::::::::::. It's NEVER fast enough! .:::::::::::::::

Incredible!!!!
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Speaking of Hobby Services.

I sent back the UL 1 esc. It ran on the bench, but not in the water. Hobby Services response was that the warranty was voided because I replaced the Deans with bullet connectors ( to match my batteries). They considered this an "alteration that voided the warranty".

Beautiful.

It is abundently clear to me that Tower, Aquacraft, whoever..has no interest in supporting their product.

No, you always have to make it look factory again :)

Just about every ESC manuf says the same...as well as car ESCs, etc. Sounds stupid since the bullets are even better but they do not know the mechanics of it.

I have to say, I have not had problems with them in the past. On one car ESC when the Rev went out and it was 2 years old they sent me a new one and told me to keep the other old one. Pretty good as far as I am concerned.

This is a big issue for them with the boats since it is more than one part to replace....just think how many people are out there without a clue that bought them.

Sucks for Mike because he designed a good setup...I would be pissed if I were him and not at anyone but the manfact...especailly if hobbico gives him crap. Not his fault.

I had one problem with a motor/ESC from them, sent it in and a week later had the replacements...
    they looked a little beaten up, although here were no marks on the motor's shaft and the bullets were new on the ESC, but they were a bit... hmm... mistreated somehow, but they work.
    This in now way is an excuse to what is going on on this thread.
    :::::::::::::::. It's NEVER fast enough! .:::::::::::::::

Quote Originally Posted by highndry View Post
    Speaking of Hobby Services.

I sent back the UL 1 esc. It ran on the bench, but not in the water. Hobby Services response was that the warranty was voided because I replaced the Deans with bullet connectors ( to match my batteries). They considered this an "alteration that voided the warranty".

Beautiful.

It is abundently clear to me that Tower, Aquacraft, whoever..has no interest in supporting their product.
    I get more and more pissed off at Aquacraft/Hobby services/whomever every day after being told that I was the only one who had an esc problem!

Where are the aquacraft ramrodders from the NW now? LMAO!! Hair under the stickers? Bad hull, bad jacket, bad esc, sure to be a classic..

Want to really know what is wrong with the QC and the sloppy workmanship? Look right on the box for those wonderful three little words "MADE IN CHINA." Look at all the other problems in the past few months with other products coming out of that country. I doubt very much if Hobbico has any hand in the poor quality as I don't think they would risk their reputation, however, they had better get on the backs of the manufacturer and correct the problem. As for Hobby Services, I have had three warranty issues with them, an ESC, a flex shaft and a UL-1 replacement and they were great about it no problems at all. Yes, they will deny they are not aware of problems as that is what they are told to say, if they admitted to all the issues, no one would buy their products.

Some rc products made in china are pretty good. Turnigy motors and esc's are an example.. Honestly aquacraft/grim raper/NW ramrod fools are no longer needed..

Doozie if you think that aquacraft and the parent company are just sitting back and doing nothing about the problems with the boat you are very wrong. Just because they done reply to every post you make on OSE doesn't mean they are not working at repairing the issues.
    They will have these issues resolved.
    maybe it is you Smart Ass aditude that is not needed!
    Jim Clark
    Last edited by JimClark; 03-31-2009 at 09:38 PM.
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

True Jim, but when you call on the phone they WILL act ignorant of UL-1 issues. Besides the wwater jacket. They aren't being very helpful at all in dealing with replacement parts. Especially hulls.

Not sure on the tech support have you tried to talk to supervisors?
    I do know they are working on all the issues for sure

Jim
    Billy Graham

I feel sorry for all of us that have lost time and money over the UL-1 QC issue but if you really want to feel sorry for people taken to the cleaners over Chinese produced inferior products you should hear what has happened here in Florida with Chinese made dry wall. During the recent hurricanes here in Fl in the past couple of years there was a dry wall shortage for the building industry and the builders purchased shiploads of dry wall from china. Well the product was manufactured with cheap material that did not measure up to spec. for water repellant and mold resistance. Now after two years in the homes the moisture has grown so much mold that the homes and business's are uninhabitable and have to be gutted or completely rebuilt to get rid of the problem and no builders warranty or manufacturers warranty to cover the cost. No insurance either so individuals have to cover repairs themselves with repair costs in the hundred of thousands of dollar ranges. So you think you have a problem? It could be a lot worst.

Thanks Jim,
    One things for sure, the Grim Raper struck gold when he found your club!!

Dude I am part of no club I don't even race any more and don't even have a UL-1. If I do race again it will be a scratch built boat as that is what I enjoy doing.

Jim
    Billy Graham

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast