Thread: Out of controll castle

Default Out of controll castle

I have a Castle 240, 25 volt that does some strange stuff. It has a hard time backing off the throttle for some reason and of course its always far away from me. Most of the time have to push to brake to make it slow down or stop or it will take a second or two to stop. Programed many times to no avail. Changed the reciver and no difference. Ive learned to drive around this problem so its just a nusance to me. What do you guys think?

Hi Gary,
    You say it's allways far away from you when this happens??, so it never acts up at close range??
    What radio are you using?
    Doug
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

A Hytec FM Aggresor. Every 1 out of 10 times at close range but thats it. The strange thing is i have walked down my street to test it and it works fine. You think the transmitter has had it? I never had to replace one but who knows.

The reason I ask is because I found out recently (troubleshooting a runaway) that all three of my Hydra 240s will hold the last command for approx. six seconds in the event of a signal or RX power loss.
    You can check this by running the motor (at low rpm) on the bench and turn your TX off.
    Are you using the BEC? If you are I would disable it and use a 5 cell RX pack and see if it helps.
    If your not then check your RX pack under load and see if the voltage drops off.

Do you have another TX you can try?

Just some ideas,
    Good luck,
    Doug
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

I run a seperate battery pack. No i do not have another transmitter but i will just buy a new one. There only 69.00 from tower hobbies.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    I run a seperate battery pack. No i do not have another transmitter but i will just buy a new one. There only 69.00 from tower hobbies.
    You may want to check the RX pack just for grins. Discharge it to .9v/ cell and then charge it to see what it takes to peak it. Check voltage while you move the lead around ect.

Certainly let us know what you find in the end.

Good luck,
    Doug
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Cool

- What receiver are you using - single or dual conversion? The dual conversion is the only way to go for trouble-free HiTec running, believe me.

- How much of the antenna is outside the boat?

- What is the voltage on the transmitter? Don't trust the LEDs - they are notorious for giving faulty readings.

- What boat, motor, voltage, etc.? All this matters.

Range testing over the ground is almost worthless for a marine radio, on the water is what matters. Spending $70 on a new transmitter is a poor way to diagnose the problem, at least at this point. If you do buy one, spend the extra on the SRX, you won't regret the $10 upgrade.

I've noticed this same with my Aggressor at times also. I think it's time for me to upgrade as well...

I'm running a single conversion Hitec, with PLENTY of antenna out the boat and straight up.
    My prop hasn't been wet in a while.

Cool

The single conversion receiver is the biggest problem. In modern high-draw boats my single conversions would glitch like crazy. Going to dual conversion FM receivers helped a lot, I run my SAW boats out past 800 feet with complete control.

If I spend some money, I just might go with the UL1 Tactic Tx/Rx and buy a couple extra Rx's for other boats.
    My prop hasn't been wet in a while.

Its actually the Hytec Synthisized receiver. I think i have found the problem to be the transmitter. After a carfull test in the drive way i can only make it out 60 feet before it starts to glitch. It always worked perfect close range. I wrecked a hull because of this damn transmitter always thinking it was a hydra or receiver problem. The good news i got one good run in my Larsany hydro hull i bought from Darin Jordan and it went a 67.5 mph !!!! I was thrilled to see that number after all the work i put in it. WOOO HOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!

I'm glad you found the problem Gary!

Doug
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169