Thread: good boat for saltwater?

Question good boat for saltwater?

hey im looking for a good boat that will hold up to th eslatwater? Also looking for tipps on hwo to keep the boat from carroding from the salt water.

I would say a simple type of boat without a lot of moving parts... A hammer electric would be a good choice electronics are in a sealed compartment and it has a very simple drive that can be cleaned and lubed very easy.
    Steve sells them here i believe.

Steve any info on this ? would this be a good boat for him?
    :p What go faster that's what I like to do!
    Custom RC radio steering grips
    WWW.PPRSLOTS.COM

anything would be good.. you just have to clean (take boat apart) like the shaft, and any other parts that get wet... spray a lot of wd40 after use... i ran mine in saltwater yesterday and there is no rust yet...
    restoring the collection

Cool

You need to flush everything that got wet with fresh water first, then dry and use a water displacement product like WD-40 or even alcohol. You need a polar solvent (water) to get rid of any salt that is left over or it will return to haunt you the next time the boat gets wet.

I would love to take one of my boats over to the beach and launch it off some waves. I just can't bring myself to do it. I have seen what it did to my full scale stuff.