Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Eastern Massachusetts?... Reply If Interested!

I'll be there Larry. Maybe Kevin will be too. I think it was supposed to be around 10 am???
    Aeromarine Challenger,Warehouse hobbies Man O War, Traxxas Blast Rescue Rig, AQ UL-1 Yellow, BE REVO,T-Maxx, Vorza, Baja5B, and the latest addition Baja5T, Wife's gunna keel mee!

I was hoping to make it but I have a broken motor mount on my ul1. =(. Maybe I'll show up anyways

10:00 sounds good........Kevin will be here...Joe just finished his mean machine and will be around....I want to try my new batts......Dana, I didn't get your message until late last night, but I'm sure we can scare up a motor mount for you and put her back together, so bring the Ul-1.....Leon, what did you end up for a boat?, I'll see when you get here........Norm

I won't be there,my bro invited me to go out fishing. Fishing 1 Boating 2 Everything else 3 Larry
    America home of the free, thanks to the brave [/url]

What a freakin blast today guys.....!! Too bad about Joe's MM....that really sucked.
    Hey kev and Dana.....u guys missed an awesome run on the tunnel.....water was glass and she was flyin'.....Bow up..prop down.....waa hooo..
    Till next time
    Leon
    Aeromarine Challenger,Warehouse hobbies Man O War, Traxxas Blast Rescue Rig, AQ UL-1 Yellow, BE REVO,T-Maxx, Vorza, Baja5B, and the latest addition Baja5T, Wife's gunna keel mee!

yeah it was a good time man... and joe's mean machine on 8s WHOA!!! ridiculous!!!! its a shame it happened and he got discouraged... but man, i've never seen anything go that fast haha. 65,000 rpm is SICK!! the tunnel hull was looking better than i expected, nice stable boat you got there leon, whats her name? thanks norman for the motor mount and the welcome to use your great location and beautiful basement/shop. excellent!

Yeah, I had a blast guys...We gotta video tape our sessions for the other Eastern Mass guys to see what they are missing...At one time, we had four boats running flat out...We need to setup a course for next time, it was like driving in a parking lot with your eyes closed and everyone comming from different directions....really feel bad about Joes MM...we have all been there...I was wondering why that thing was running like nothing I've ever seen, holy crap!

Dana, make sure you bench test the AQ motor and ESC before you install it..Kintec also makes an awesome water jacket,,,and try that water pressure test first that I showed you..Leon, that AM Tunnel Hull rocks, just don't throw bricks at it to make ripples behind the boat for boat retrievel !

We should all keep our eyes open for a used controller for Joe...Hate to see him bow out, he was just starting to learn and ask all the right questions..kinda makes me wonder about a CC240HV on 8S,,,,once I saw that thing launching out of the water like an ICBM missle, it got my juices flowing........Next time, we setup a BBQ with the wives and kids, maybe we could get Steve V down with his kids and wife too, after all, he is the father of FE, eastern mass !

It was a fun day of running and aside from Joe everyone's boats ran great, and even his ran great for the 15 sec. it was out there. I hope Joe stays with it, that will be a great boat once he gets it fixed. When his esc. went it took my packs with it, they started to get bigger as the day went on so I had to dispose of them before something bad happened .

Lets set something up in a couple weeks

Kevin
    Rico 29, Sprintcat 34, Insane FE 30 Hydro, 43'' Aeromarine Conquest

sorry to hear about your packs kevin, that stinks, but nice of you to sacrifice them. norm, as it turns out the water jacket was completely effed, i got it off and the o rings were shredded and the collars that hold them on were stripped, so ill purchase an ose jacket. the motor looks to be in good shape tho, so score on that. not sure if i wanna keep the speed control tho, i realized it IS the older version that were giving people problems... but how much for just the motor? also thank you much for the motor mount, you sure i cant buy you another one? i would hate to see you need one and not have it =) im def down if you wanna do a cookout man, i think it'd be a blast! you're place is comfortable and ive only been there twice! you're a very welcoming guy norm.... leon didnt throw any bricks yesterday did he? haha!!! poor joe. someone has an etti 150 on here for 80 bucks if joe wants

dana, yeah, we figured it would leak, thats why I tagged it, listen to the grim, the new jackets are simple......I dunno, 50 bucks?....stack some caps ($5) onto the controller (blurry pic) and they hold up just fine.....

forgot the pic
    Attached Images Attached Images

ahh ok norm, what kinda caps? any discount if i take the speed control too since i gotta get a new jacket? $65?

Kevin, I have 2 brand new hyperion 3S 5000 packs you can have, I was going to fit them into the ul1, but I wont get to it till the winter, so you can take them next time you're down....they're not 4S but we can all see what 8S can do now, I want to!...I think Joe needs to get a 240HV controller, and run at least 6S anyways to push that sled.............

nahh, $50 is fine for the motor mount, motor and esc.....search these threads, very informative on the caps, Rubicon caps, I think ose sells them now...just stack, glue and solder across posi, negi...two works best

really? thats great norm!! thanks so much!! im a poor FE guy lol, but this is excellent! i'll bring some food for the grill next time if you like =) i should be able to paypal that to you tomorrow.

Hey guys...I thought you guys might like this. It's my gasser that I can't really run at Norms house. She's 52 inches of fun. Me and the wife played hookey from work and went out on our big boat today at lake quinsigamond in worcester ma.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEiXx...=youtube_gdata

HEY!! When's the next outing?? Got to get some run time in,and lets get some pics next time. Larry Where is every one, did the pond dry up??
    Last edited by blizard05; 09-15-2010 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blizard05 View Post
    hey!! When's the next outing?? Got to get some run time in,and lets get some pics next time. Larry Where is every one, did the pond dry up??
    hello hello

Any of you guys interested in organized racing in 2011?
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Steven - I would definately be interested in organized racing.

Larry - I think we are going to try to set something up for a few weeks from now. Norm is off fishing for the next couple weekends I believe. I've been over there as many weekends as possible this summer.

Kevin

Rico 29, Sprintcat 34, Insane FE 30 Hydro, 43'' Aeromarine Conquest

Quote Originally Posted by knpc View Post
    Steven - I would definately be interested in organized racing.

Larry - I think we are going to try to set something up for a few weeks from now. Norm is off fishing for the next couple weekends I believe. I've been over there as many weekends as possible this summer.

Kevin

Weekends are tough for me now because of kids football. But I was thinking spring/summer 2011. We should figure some classes. Also, If enough of use get together(3 people/boats) for any one class the local nitro guys will let us run with them during their weekend races.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

don't know if there is a class for me, I have a sv27 powered, dumas sk2 Larry

If you were to do a 2-3 day race, there are several of us in the Great White North that might find the trip worthwhile.

Default Kilvert ST RI

Takng some of my gas boats to RI on Sunday the 19th Larry

Steve, We would love to organize some races for next year....On a good day, we have myself, Kevin, Larry, Dana and Leon down to our house here....It is the perfect FE setup pond with no one to bother us...We've often talked about getting a big cookout going and especially inviting you down with your kids to have some fun, we are not far from you and we'd like to set up some peramanent bouy courses............Larry, I have been very busy lately with the offshore tuna runs and the recent passing of my mom, But Kevin knows the routine, just show up whenever you want and have some fun........norm

Sorry to hear of the loss of your mom. I do like tuna,will hook up with you soon Larry

Thanks Larry....been a tough year....look forward to seeing you and the guys again soon

Just bought a mean machine with hardware, going to power it with sv27 motor and esc. Hang in there! Larry

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast