Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: Eastern Massachusetts?... Reply If Interested!

Sounds good, Blizzard. I'll look for your sailboats by the Fire Station it is! I'll probably head over to Shuckers or Quicks Hole for seafood too.
    Mean Machine Cat: 9XL, 4S2P, CC120, M545 (50mph) -- DF22 Hydro: 8L, 3S1P/4500, CC120, x637 (49mph) -- M-1 SuperCat: 1521/1Y, 6S2P, CC240, x447 (61mph) -- SV27 Mono: stock setup, 14-cell/4200, x642 (42mph) -- Micro Scat Cat: 28-3600, 3S1P/2100, Turnigy 60, x430 (41mph)

Blizzard nobody has run boats at Fresh Pond in at least 2 years. Most of the people don't run anymore. Raul is in Miami, Kevin sold all his boats, Dana sold all his boats and took up mountain biking. And the rest just disappeared.
    JohnL6676

Everything RC Retired don't know how I ever found time to work.

I have been running at a small pond near me , it's a cranberry pond . 10 G, no sail boats I will have my lobster boat, ORCA SS MINNOW, and some others. There will be lots of nice boats to see.
    America home of the free, thanks to the brave [/url]

Why have so many left the hobby?... Too many burned ESCs?... Is everybody swiching to drones?... The invasion of the water chestnut plant a few years ago was the death knell for me, which made it nearly impossible, or a hassle at best, to run boats. The state has done squat about this menacing condition. I have 4 boats, and 7 bare hulls, which makes 11 boats. Hey, I still have an FM radio.

Blizzard, the Cape has a rich maritime history, so I'm curious to visit the museum in great detail and see all the boats. If there's enough content, I may submit an article on the event.
    Mean Machine Cat: 9XL, 4S2P, CC120, M545 (50mph) -- DF22 Hydro: 8L, 3S1P/4500, CC120, x637 (49mph) -- M-1 SuperCat: 1521/1Y, 6S2P, CC240, x447 (61mph) -- SV27 Mono: stock setup, 14-cell/4200, x642 (42mph) -- Micro Scat Cat: 28-3600, 3S1P/2100, Turnigy 60, x430 (41mph)

10gauge, Blizzard:

You are welcome to run with me on the North Shore anytime. I usually run during the week in the morning as I am retired and nobody around. Sometimes in NH at my sons house that would be on the weekend. Let me know if you want to, I am not sure where you are from. I have two very nice spots to run however I don't want to say here where they are. If you are concerned and want to run boats PM me and we can talk or get together.

JohnL
    JohnL6676

Everything RC Retired don't know how I ever found time to work.

Thanks for the invite Larry

Thanks, for the invite JohnL. I'm in a Boston suburb. I'll PM you when ready.

I can only do weekends.I have quite a bit to do before I can run again. I have to salvage my LiPos, replace BEC batteries, etc. For some reason my ESC and radio doesn't sync. I can't figure it out.

10gauge, Is that your 308?
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Live in Foxboro and looking for an event/location that welcomes FE boats. Most of the locations close to me don't care for FE boats especially during the summer months. I have a stock HK Pursuit on 4s, doing about 30 mph, so not super fast like some guy's claiming to do 60+. One needs a large water body and a good receiver/radio to run that fast. Also have an number of scratch built Downeast boats that run about
    20+ mph and provide a more sober approach to FE boating.

My first post here. I know this thread is several years old but I am wondering if there is any site for RC boating in the area. I run mostly nitro but will considering converting some of the vees and sport 40 into electric

Thanks,
    kez

Hello kez

I belong to the Marine Modelers Club of NE. Our group allows electric, steam and sail RC craft - no nitro or gas. We run on Lake Massapoag in Sharon, Ma about 4 times during the season, before Memorial Day weekend and after Labor Day. There are not many public ponds or lkes that allow RC boats in the summer. Those areas that do - do not allow swimming. Lake Nippenicket in Bridgewater and Redds Pond in Marblehead are locations where you can run scale electric and FE's during the summer months. About 8 years ago the Kilvert Street Gang ran gas boats in a pond behind an industrial park in Warwick, RI not far from the airport. I also understand that an informal group gets together in the Plymouth area to race FE's during the summer months. Currently there are very few locations in Eastern Mass that will allow gas or nitro boats.

Hi Tebby,

Thanks for your reply. I used to run with a group on a lake in Wakefield, MA but I lost contact with them three years ago. I do not have any electric boat right now but I can convert a .20 sport hydro and a Dumas 55" Scarab. I only have nitro boats.

I have never been to Lake Massapoag but may take a drive there this weekend. It will take me the whole summer to finish my Scarab. I still hope there is a local pond where I can run my nitro sport 40 this summer.

Thanks,
    kez

You are welcome to come join our club at Lake Massapoag in Sharon this Saturday 4/27. Our meet will be from 11:00 - 3:00 at Community Beach at the North end of the lake. Parking is close by the beach and very convenient for carrying your boat to the waters edge. As I indicated, our club does not allow gas or nitro boats.

Charlie

During the nice weather sometimes we run at night in Wakefield. At the boat ramp, Between the two cemeteries.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Vaccaro View Post
    During the nice weather sometimes we run at night in Wakefield. At the boat ramp, Between the two cemeteries.
    Be careful Steven not to wake the dead lol

Quote Originally Posted by meangenesracing View Post
    Be careful Steven not to wake the dead lol
    Ya its pretty weird there at night. Its a interesting place.

Screenshot_2019-04-23 Google Maps.jpg
    Steven Vaccaro

Hi Charlie,
    I am going on a business trip so I cannot join you guys this weekend. But I will definitely stop by when you guys meet there next time
    Thanks,
    kez

Hi Steven,
    Do you know Long, Larry and a few other guys who used to run at the Wakefield lake? I used to run with them up till three years ago. I lost contact with them. Do you know if they still go there?
    Thanks,
    kez

Quote Originally Posted by kezc View Post
    Hi Steven,
    Do you know Long, Larry and a few other guys who used to run at the Wakefield lake? I used to run with them up till three years ago. I lost contact with them. Do you know if they still go there?
    Thanks,
    kez

I did meet Long a couple of times, I witnessed him have a signal loss with a Beautiful new Insane gas hydro. The poor guy was jumping up and down, trying to regain signal. It was totally when it hit shore. We ran at different times mostly.
    Steven Vaccaro

Hi Steven,

It is pretty dark there at night. Are you able to see the boat? And do you have a retrieval boat? If you ever go to the lake during the day on Saturday, can I join you?

Thanks,
    kez

During the summer we have light until about 730 to 830. We bring an inflatable kayak.
    Steven Vaccaro

I'm 30min's south of Boston and Interested. I hope more are now that the miserable weather is going away. I have a friend who will in all likelihood be onboard too.

Where do you guys run your boats?

Thanks,
    kez

Lake Holbrook Just south of Braintree. Google Street View is from 2012 and not like that now since then they've cleared and cleaned the shoreline and put trash recepticls and picnic tables. A friend and I, We're there most Saturdays and or Sundays.

Google Map;

https://www.google.com/maps/place/La...!4d-71.0204328

Pic of shoreline. Close it it and the map returns.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/La...4d-71.0204328#

From OSE;
    https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Lake...6!2d42.3905569

I have prior engagement this weekend but will try to stop by next Saturday. Do you guys have a retrieval boat? Can I run glow powered boats or only electric?

Thanks,
    kez

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by kezc View Post
    I have prior engagement this weekend but will try to stop by next Saturday. Do you guys have a retrieval boat? Can I run glow powered boats or only electric?

Thanks,
    kez

Yes we have a rescue boat. The lake is electric only, big boats too. I'm away this weekend also.

Holbrook Sunday 10-11 start till ?

Quote Originally Posted by NEDan View Post
    Lake Holbrook Just south of Braintree. Google Street View is from 2012 and not like that now since then they've cleared and cleaned the shoreline and put trash recepticls and picnic tables. A friend and I, We're there most Saturdays and or Sundays.

Google Map;

https://www.google.com/maps/place/La...!4d-71.0204328

Pic of shoreline. Close it it and the map returns.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/La...4d-71.0204328#

From OSE;
    https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Lake...6!2d42.3905569
    Tomorrow AM again!

here is a group that runs FE Sunday afternoon at Johnson pond in Raynham MA 92 N Main st RT 104
    Last edited by blizard05; 09-15-2020 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blizard05 View Post
    here is a group that runs fa sunday afternoon at johnson pond in raynham ma 92 n main st rt 140
    send more info about it text me at 774 251 8066

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast