Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Eastern Massachusetts?... Reply If Interested!

HORAY !!! The water is geting soft ,time to get the boats ready
    America home of the free, thanks to the brave [/url]

LET the fun begin! Are you ready?? Sat ? Sunday ? after Easter ?? Where??? Larry

I'm almost ready. I've been working on the boats the last couple weeks to get them setup. I'm waiting on a couple parts for two of them, the other one it ready to go.

I hope we can set something set up this season. There was talk of getting together last year, but nothing ever came of it. It would be fun to have a few other boats to run with and talk shop.
    Rico 29, Sprintcat 34, Insane FE 30 Hydro, 43'' Aeromarine Conquest

We have been testing the last few days over here in Abington...As I said last year, all are welcome..my back yard is a pond with dock and peddle boat for rescue, so no one can bother us....I'm thinking, lets get past Easter and make a date....I'll set up a course with bouys..... Steve V,,,thanks for taking the time to show my neighbor your boats and what's for sale at your shop!.........Norm
    Attached Images Attached Images

Just because I've been in winter hibernation, doesn't mean I forgot about you guys. I usually start the season after 3rd weekend in April. Let's hope that the weeds don't get the better of the ponds, as they've plagued Massachusetts ponds for the last few years. I've updated the list today on the first thread. There are 11 names. Let's enjoy the new season!

Gentlemen, charge your LiPos.....

Mean Machine Cat: 9XL, 4S2P, CC120, M545 (50mph) -- DF22 Hydro: 8L, 3S1P/4500, CC120, x637 (49mph) -- M-1 SuperCat: 1521/1Y, 6S2P, CC240, x447 (61mph) -- SV27 Mono: stock setup, 14-cell/4200, x642 (42mph) -- Micro Scat Cat: 28-3600, 3S1P/2100, Turnigy 60, x430 (41mph)

HI Norm, looks like you made out OK with all the rain. Whitch side of the pond are you on, Washington st or rt 58 ? Can you PM your addres? I would like to stop by next Sun . Larry

29 Granite Street....I will be around.

I don't have anything fast,but will bring some boats to run. 1/10 Cbox , a fast lobster boat, my ORCA,and SS MINNOW

Quote Originally Posted by blizard05 View Post
    I don't have anything fast,but will bring some boats to run. 1/10 Cbox , a fast lobster boat, my ORCA,and SS MINNOW
    Would love to see them...We raced a couple of UL-1's on Easter and unfortunately, one of them stalled on the corner and the other one ran it over. Cut it up pretty good, but fixable....Diesel, I think we are in a parrallel universe, your fixes on your UL looked good!

How is the pond doing? I was living in Abington when they cleaned it years ago. WOW that was over 50 yrs ago Larry

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by ncornacchi View Post
    29 Granite Street....I will be around.
    I found Norm, today and I must say he has an ideal location for boating. Norm i fixed the backwards radio, took it apart and turned the pot 180 dg. THAT WAS EASY!!! Thanks for taking time out of your day. Larry

Easy fix Larry....Glad you had some fun...Loved your fleet! We should get all the guys together and have our first annual Eastern Massachusetts RC-Palooza!

Easy fix Larry....Glad you had some fun...Loved your fleet! We should get all the guys together and have our first annual Eastern Massachusetts RC-Palooza!
    I'l drink to that. Where did I leave my tea? ( Long island tea ) Can't wait til the great E MA flotsaboatsa. I did get to run the Dumas SK2 for the fifst time, ran well with the SV27 power,waiting for a custom prop from (dasboata) Larry
    Last edited by blizard05; 04-17-2010 at 08:22 PM.

My new prop came today(octura x645) from dasboata,he does GREAT prop work. What are the rest of you from MA doing? Where are you? Larry

Anyone running boats this weekend? Its going to be a nice weekend for it.

I'm free on Sunday. Where and what time?? Larry

I'm open for Sunday around here if you're interested....back yard to open to all FE interested....Norm

I'm open for Sunday around here if you're interested....back yard to open to all FE interested....Norm
    Thanks, Norm your back yard is perfect for boating. Larry

That works for me, let us know what time.

im in framingham area. add me

Anytime after noon....you could just say 2-3pm and we can all meet at the same time....water looks very calm today...alot of times, I will work around yard, then just drop the rake, make some boat runs, have a ball, then go back to the rake...even if I had to run out to do an errand, you still can use the yard and peddle boats,,,we have neighborhood kids that fish and enjoy our yard, boats and surroundings, so we always see people back there having fun,it's not odd to just come home and seeing kids or people out back, when we first bought the house a couple of years ago, it felt weird, people asking if they could fish out back, but then we realized that it's more fun to see people having fun out back, evryone respects the place....we figured, why have an awesome setup if you can't enjoy it and share it with others.....Blizzard (larry) came by once and knows the setup of the dock, ramp and various boats for rescue......, so make yourself comfortable and enjoy the pond!.....Norm 617-592-7638

It's a shame that more property owners arn't like Norm,what a great outlook he has. A BIG THANKS Larry

Nice to meet you guys today Norm and Larry. Norm's place is ideal for running boats. We ran a bunch of boats, nobody broke anything , and had a good time.

Hope to do it again soon

Kevin

"Build it, and they will come"........Glad you guys enjoyed....now, if we could get some more people with thier boats, it would be non-stop running while others are charging...

I am in montpelier Vermont.... I am very interested in making the trek to run with you guys.... I literally have NEVER run with any other boats I going to mapquest the trip, let me know when you guys are all getting together....

VT..? Boy, we are expanding to well beyond eastern mass, huh? As I said, there is nothing more fun than to compare boats, run together and have fun....I know what you mean, sometimes when you are running by yourself, and its' tuned up nice, and there is no one to share the excitement with, it can get a little hollow...I make my wife watch me from the deck, and when I'm done, I get all excited and say, what do you think of that run? she says, oh that was nice,,,,she can't appreciate the time or effort to get where you got, but I don't expect her too.....As I told knpc, Kevin, bring your wife, kids, let them hang out......Sat or Sun is good anytime, I'll let you guys make the time/date arrangements that fit everyone best....the more the better because you can have boats running all the time while others are charging and tuning..

OOK, soo, Norm, who was the nice lady that kept telling you to " PUT THE BOAT DOWN" and grab the rake?? Next time I come I'l bring a sail boat for you to try for a few days. Larry

Yahh, that was the yard work warden....she puts up with all my hobbies, so I pay attention to the honey-do-list....

Tell me about it! When I got home Sunday "the list"was witing for me,along with a fer choice words. (yes dear) I'l take care of it Larry

Somehow, the list always gets "lost" , or falls under the fridge....but she's no dummy, she pulls out a carbon copy....talk about a back-up plan!

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast