Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Smoke?

Quote Originally Posted by sailr View Post
    Rounded rudder
    Can you explain this a bit more? So the flat bottom of the rudder (which provides some lift I've read) is hindering the speed? Do you have a pic of the rounded rudder?

You are basically correct. NOT a smart a$$ question...really!

It had to be proven to me through actually comparison of larger mAh batteries to lower mAh batteries. I can't give you the exacto mundo scientific explanation nor am I interested in it. All I know (by proving it) that more amps SHOVE the volts through more quickly, forcefully, and efficiently...or allow more amps to be delivered to the ESC/Motor, thus more power because VOLTS X AMPS = WATTS/

Trust me. (yeah, I know...about the bridge in brooklyn, etc.) Prove it to yourself. It really does work!

Quote Originally Posted by MarkJnK View Post
    What did I miss here? I thought that voltage=power, while the mAH=size of fuel tank? How does mAH provide more power?

p.s. I'm not trying to be a smart ass, I'm honestly curious and want to learn.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Thanks sailr..
    I got a good deal on tower, not as good as you ! ah

Hey what do you think about the Carbon Graupner 3 blade props?
    http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...od=grp-2299.39
    http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...od=grp-2299.42

The carbon props don't seem to hold up. Too much power. I've seen posts of people throwing blades on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    Thanks sailr..
    I got a good deal on tower, not as good as you ! ah

Hey what do you think about the Carbon Graupner 3 blade props?
    http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...od=grp-2299.39
    http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...od=grp-2299.42
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

The carbon props don't seem to hold up. Too much power. I've seen posts of people throwing blades on them.
    Nuts!
    they look cool and cheaper..

Sorry, don't have any pics. I'll try to get some this weekend. I have read in many different places, including at least on UL-1 thread in one of the forums that the rudder bottom and leading edge should be rounded. I think it is to kill the lift that the flat bottom can create but don't quote me on that.

Can you explain this a bit more? So the flat bottom of the rudder (which provides some lift I've read) is hindering the speed? Do you have a pic of the rounded rudder?
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Yeah, that's why AQ boats come with plastic props. They KNOW you'll be back to buy the expensive metal ones!

Nuts!
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Nuts!
    Don't be so quick to discount the graupner K series. I use them quite a bit and have never thrown a blade. Use them to find the size that works best and then get a metal one if you want. They have held up well on everything from my SV to my DF 33 on 4s and 5s setups.

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    Don't be so quick to discount the graupner K series. I use them quite a bit and have never thrown a blade. Use them to find the size that works best and then get a metal one if you want. They have held up well on everything from my SV to my DF 33 on 4s and 5s setups.
    I still want to try them bro.

I like the looks of the 3 blade versions, just not sure what will work great.

What did I miss here? I thought that voltage=power, while the mAH=size of fuel tank? How does mAH provide more power?

p.s. I'm not trying to be a smart ass, I'm honestly curious and want to learn.
    The lower resistance in the larger cells allows more voltage to get to the motor.

mAH = milli Amp Hour - it's a rating of battery capacity (fuel tank size). It means that the battery can supply X milli Amps for one hour, or 1 milli Amp for X hours (roughly).

A milliAmp is 1/1000th of an amp. A 4000mAH cell can provide 4 amps for one hour.

Andy
    Spektrum Development Team

Good to know! The trick is finding the ones that will fit directly on a 3/16" shaft with drive dog and not screw-ons. Which ones have you used that worked good for you? I run a DF33 on 4S also in addition to the UL-1.

Thanks for the tip!

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Thanks Andy! Now I can sound more intelligent next time somebody asks!
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
    The lower resistance in the larger cells allows more voltage to get to the motor.

mAH = milli Amp Hour - it's a rating of battery capacity (fuel tank size). It means that the battery can supply X milli Amps for one hour, or 1 milli Amp for X hours (roughly).

A milliAmp is 1/1000th of an amp. A 4000mAH cell can provide 4 amps for one hour.

Andy
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Good to know! The trick is finding the ones that will fit directly on a 3/16" shaft with drive dog and not screw-ons. Which ones have you used that worked good for you? I run a DF33 on 4S also in addition to the UL-1.

Thanks for the tip!
    Its not that tricky to find;

http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/products.php?cat=58

http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/products.php?cat=59

I am currently running a K54mm on my DF and a K48mm on my SV. Ran the DF yesterday in about 3 inches of chop and the prop was in and out of the water quite a bit. No problems with the blades when going from fully unloaded (air borne) to fully loaded (in the water).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12