Thread: Ose/tenshock 2240 6 pole motor

Default Ose/tenshock 2240 6 pole motor

Hi All,
    Just after some feedback and thoughts about these new motors, also be great to hear what boats (hull type), battery capacity, prop , esc, motor kv, you are using with them. How much of a gain compared to previous set up ?, and what was previous set up?.
    Thanks
    Trev

Quote Originally Posted by racerr73 View Post
    Hi All,
    Just after some feedback and thoughts about these new motors, also be great to hear what boats (hull type), battery capacity, prop , esc, motor kv, you are using with them. How much of a gain compared to previous set up ?, and what was previous set up?.
    Thanks
    Trev
    My Experience i have the 1800 kv and that motor rips in my 1/10 scale hydroplane boat. Measures 36 in long and its heavy. propeller ABC 1814 3 Blade, 6200 CHNL 4s lipo. Top speed 58 mph so far and I'm still tuning the boat motor.
    I was running before the motor swap was the dynamite 2000 kv 3660 6 pole motor. The dynamite ran hotter and was slower about 47 mph. Reviewing the data between the 10shock and dynamite, The Ten shock ran more Rpms then the dynamite, however pulled more amps and watts. Dynamite was about 180-200 amps and the Tenshock about 240 amps. More amps with the Tenshock however Power output was more. The tenshock motors have alot of potential and i personally like them and will be slowly switching over to all tenshock motors in my boats.

Here is a video of my boat with the Tenshock motor. testing before racing that weekend. https://youtu.be/Eg3BJMelMKo?si=c2_XGV1Mp_0RrT9b

Thanks for your reply Ryan,
    Are you just using the 1 6200 4s pack, how much battery have you got left after your race, i see on your data logs voltage was down to 11.1v?
    Thanks
    Trev

Quote Originally Posted by racerr73 View Post
    Thanks for your reply Ryan,
    Are you just using the 1 6200 4s pack, how much battery have you got left after your race, i see on your data logs voltage was down to 11.1v?
    Thanks
    Trev
    Yes, I'm using a single 4s 6200 90c CHNL lipo. The 11.1 volts at the bottom of the graph, i don't this is correct as the graph shows this at the beginning of the log. no load, Rpm's or anything to this low voltage. I think when system turned on or, me connecting the lipo's. Seeing the Voltage line from the start jump to 16.7 volts and following the line there are dips (sags) in the voltage as load is applied, (graph based off testing in open lake) lowest Sag 14 volts maybe hair under For a Sag. Witch isn't horrible. Better battery's could helps this sag as well. Under this open testing on this data. Battery level ending 15.4 volts about 90-92%

I did Race over the weekend I just haven't pulled the data from Saturday. when i do i can post that as well to have more of a base for racing

Thanks Ryan,
    It would be good to see your logs from the weekend of racing, if you can post that up it would be great.
    Thanks
    Trev