Thread: DF 34 hydro hardware

Default DF 34 hydro hardware

Hey fellas -

My ul19 hull was recently destroyed by my esc. Since these are discontinued, I was eyeing a df34 hydro as a replacement.

Question - would my ul19 hardware (strut, rudder, fin…) work on the df34 hull? Also, for those of you with this hull, what length are you using for the flex cable? Does the hull need an additional sheet laid in for strength? I don’t plan on going much over 60mph, I just want something reliable and robust.

thanks!

Just curious...but, how much of the UL-19 was destroyed. Reason I'm asking is, while the UL-19, itself, is no longer available, the hull & canopy are still available. HH has the hull on backorder, but other sources (search, and you will find) have them. I'm not saying it's the 'best' solution...but, it's also not the 'worst'. At minimum, rebuilding your UL-19 could be worth considering.

Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

If you’ve found someone with a hull currently in stock - do tell!

I’ve been unable to find any. I know they are on back order, I just foresee part support getting tougher as time goes on with a discontinued boat.
    644AA182-04DB-4027-BC3E-8B4E180B72DA.jpg
    18A3204D-FCEA-4B4A-B207-EE6BCB4F7519.jpg
    it’s a substantial split. All the way across the front, around and down both sides of sponsons.

it's not easy but it can be done you can repair the hull ,if you are not familiar with epoxy you can find all the info on the net (west systems is one of the best and have a lot of info on there site)

Hello Curt,

The DF34 is to the UL19 like a Dodge Diesel Dually is to a Prius. The UL19 hardware would probably work somewhat for a few runs BUT keep in mind that the DF34 is HEAVY (and exerts lots of centrifugal energy in the turns) and needs strong hardware. With that in mind my build used the way bigger/stronger Speedmaster .60/.90 hardware on back and a modified gas boat turn fin. Do it HD now or rebuild it later

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com...ghlight=vortex
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Find someone to build you the new bla2er whiplash.
    Nortavlag Bulc