Thread: Oxidean Marine Brushless Motor

Default Oxidean Marine Brushless Motor

HI,
    Just wondering if anyone knows what the oxidean marine 4082-2200kv 6 pole motor is derived from, Tenshock, Spektrum, TP? etc
    Thanks
    Trev

it'a hobbywing motor with an expensive print on it, a TP is much better

Trev,

It's very likely to be this motors guts, in a different can. https://www.tenshock.com/products/x8...variant=668645

I don't know of another 40mm diameter, 6 pole motor out there. There use to be a 6 pole 40mm motor called Toro. It had a long and short version like the Tenshock, but was a lot cheaper to buy at around $50.00. I bought 3 or 4 of them and then the supply died. I suppose they did not sell well to the RC truck market.
    AmpDaddy
    don huff

Thank you Koen and Don for your replies.
    Appreciate it
    Trev

I am pretty sure these are the same motors, same can size, same endbells, same 6 screws through the can sides front and back, same car style side exit wires, same colour coding on the connectors, same oversized cooling can, with 90degree angled nipples at 90degrree spacing with Orings under the nipples, the only differences I can see are the KV, the finish, and OM have a fibre washer Under the Oring on the fitting.

I don't know who the OEM is (unless Dynamite make their own stuff? I'm assuming they don't, but I have no idea), but I doubt it's Tenshock as the can isn't their style, they have numerous motor ranges and only the huge ones have screwed endbells, they already have smooth cans with rear exits for wires, and their water jackets are much more svelte with glued 45degree angled fittings.

Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

Dynamites are Hobbywing motors, and I agree its likely the same thing being used by Oxidean. Its a $70 motor with the Dynamite logo on it, so a $100 markup for Oxidean.

There was a discussion on another forum with one of the reps from Horizon hobby answering motor timing questions for one of their Dynamite equipped ProBoat models, and he alluded to the fact that HW was the OEM in the conversation.

The same applies to the Dynamite ESCs which are also HW units, and they use the same Hobbywing program box
    Last edited by Xrayted; 04-17-2024 at 09:21 AM.