Thread: p limited mono help

Default p limited mono help

what would have the fastest top speed?
    chaser or raider 34 or something else?

Raider is better in traffic. You also have to get the CG just right. Takes a little fiddling.

Chaser is very fast too but a tic tougher if you have to actually chase someone. Leading.....killer.
    Noisy person

Quote Originally Posted by tjsb View Post
    what would have the fastest top speed?
    chaser or raider 34 or something else?
    this just depends how the boat is set up and how its driven. I don't have much on the chaser but Me and my son race in P limited mono and he races the M34 and its not set up as the fastest boat out there but the M34 handles the race water very will and runs very smooth. His M34 is constant on how the boat handles to the point of winning races. As the fast boats like my self, have tendency to run looser and generally have more miss haps to not finish out a race. Not how fast the boat is, Its being constant to Crossing the line. Points add up. Balance to speed and handling. M34 is a good handling hull

Thanks
    Any video on the races by you?

Yes this was one race from last year. I was out front running first place in a red boat, and my son was behind me in second place with his m35. The last couple laps, and then I rolled it in a corner. Then he passes me to finish the race in first place. You can see how the M34 does handle the race conditions well. Sometimes it’s not about being fast it’s being consistent and finishing.

Wow what is there top speed and are they running 1 4s battery?

Thanks Tom

Quote Originally Posted by tjsb View Post
    Wow what is there top speed and are they running 1 4s battery?

Thanks Tom
    The top speed were running is about 55 to 60 mph. Set ups and hulls are different between me and my son.
    I run 2x 4s lipos ran in parallel with a 2200kv and my sons M34 single 4s lipo with a 2000kv motor.

"Top speed" is deceiving. Much like Ryan mentioned, going very fast often results in not very upside down. My Chaser will out run anything in our club if I run wild and loose. Doesn't mean I can finish that way.

My son raced a Raider last summer in our points series. It was 6 events. He missed the first two events so only had points from 4 races. He still won the class at the end of the season. It wasn't so much that he was fast as it was that he was able to run the pins and finished most of his heats. All that said, you can still set up a Raider to just go silly fast. Center of gravity, strut angle, light batteries, motor choice. All factors. Again, as Ryan mentioned......harder to finish when you run squirrely.
    Noisy person

BTW I prefer to run wild and loose. My result show this to be true. haha
    Noisy person

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    BTW I prefer to run wild and loose. My result show this to be true. haha
    Haha I know the feeling as I'm the same way. So hard not to let the boat just Eat it and go fast. Then question my thought process as I'm floating upside down.

Yeah, how many times did you think........I was totally winning that heat? Just a little throttle discipline and that little brat would have never caught me.
    Noisy person

What is a Chaser?
    Ron - The Villages, FL

https://castawaysboatworx.org/

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    What is a Chaser?
    https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pr...od=df-chaser32

I figure it will take another season for me to totally trust it if you know what I mean. Plenty fast but it's tough against the Raider and the DY. They're just a tick bigger. That DY really runs well too.
    Noisy person

How does it run for full P?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pr...od=df-chaser32

I figure it will take another season for me to totally trust it if you know what I mean. Plenty fast but it's tough against the Raider and the DY. They're just a tick bigger. That DY really runs well too.
    I see, kind of an in-between size. In P=lim I run the Raider or (an old) Pursuit. In P it's the Seaducer or DY. All 34" boats.

Sorry to hear that you've dropped out of the the IMPBA races.
    Ron - The Villages, FL

https://castawaysboatworx.org/

Yeah, how many times did you think........I was totally winning that heat? Just a little throttle discipline and that little brat would have never caught me.
    Hahaha to many times. For a 31 in Rico racing hull its quick and hard not to go full pull. Now I'm just waiting for their 33.5 Version to come out.

Quote Originally Posted by photohoward1 View Post
    How does it run for full P?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The Chaser is too small for P in my opinion. Go with a DY or a Raider. The DY is killer in P but can run light enough in limited too. It's a nice mix. The Raider in P works well too but you have to set it up a tic wetter. Not an issue when you have a big fat rotor crushing you through the course.
    Noisy person

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Sorry to hear that you've dropped out of the the IMPBA races.
    I haven't dropped out. I've been caring for my elderly folks since I saw you in Florida. All through covid. Lost my step father to dementia. Now just mom. Been a rough few years. Not ideal.

Someday I'll get back to ....well.....everywhere but for now we do what must be done. I do miss all my FE nut jobs. So many good people that show to race. I can count the bad ones on less than one hand.
    Noisy person

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanj View Post
    Hahaha to many times. For a 31 in Rico racing hull its quick and hard not to go full pull. Now I'm just waiting for their 33.5 Version to come out.
    That's one I've never owned but have seen. My recollection is that his hulls are tough as nails. Is that still the case?
    Noisy person

What's the DY hull you're referring to ?

That's one I've never owned but have seen. My recollection is that his hulls are tough as nails. Is that still the case?
    Yes, that is still the case and I have mine with a carbon fiber inlay. Tough as nails of a hull and on the third season of racing. Nothing structural so far good just a few minor scratches in the paint, leftover memories of battle wounds. Lol

I haven't dropped out. I've been caring for my elderly folks since I saw you in Florida. All through covid. Lost my step father to dementia. Now just mom. Been a rough few years. Not ideal.

Someday I'll get back to ....well.....everywhere but for now we do what must be done. I do miss all my FE nut jobs. So many good people that show to race. I can count the bad ones on less than one hand.
    Condolences to you and family.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Quote Originally Posted by bob horowitz View Post
    What's the DY hull you're referring to ?
    http://www.dymotorshop.com/850mm-33-...ull-p-334.html
    Noisy person

Thanks about the DY