Thread: Help choosing motors/esc for 60" MTI Cat

Default Help choosing motors/esc for 60" MTI Cat

Hi everyone, new to the rc boat world and looking for help

I used to work for Marine Technologies Inc years back rigging boats like the Looney Tunes, Bud light, Corvette z044 etc and was able to get my hands on a MTI Cat rc hull made by MTI themselves. It is 60" long, 21" wide and 11" tall. It weighs about 9.5 lbs empty. Ive had it sitting on a shelf for a long time and never got around to rigging it.

I will probably only run it early in the morning at the lake of the ozarks.. the water is glass in the cove early in the morning.

what motors and escs are recommended? I want it to be as fast as possible on a budget (I know, they dont go together) Neu is out of my league in price, would something from Leopard, TP or castle work? 80+mph? 100? would be awesome but if thats unfeasible school me please

sorry for my ignorance and thank you for any help

60'' is a big cat, you need a 2 x 12S setup and 800kV motors like SSS 5694 850kV/7D.

Speed controlers : ZTW SEAL Series 300A : OPTO 6s - 14S.

I remember that hull, I think I even saw it once at the mini shootout, or maybe it was a for sale add. Anyway, it's a unique hull. Post up some pictures. You're closest build comparison would be the CRC 60" MTI. Several of those have been built up as single and twin electric here on the OSE forum as well as the facebook groups.
    Last edited by fweasel; 03-13-2024 at 11:13 PM.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Quote Originally Posted by Alfa Spirit View Post
    60'' is a big cat, you need a 2 x 12S setup and 800kV motors like SSS 5694 850kV/7D.

Speed controlers : ZTW SEAL Series 300A : OPTO 6s - 14S.
    Thank you for your advice, I will check that setup out!

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    I remember that hull, I think I even saw it once at the mono shootout, or maybe it was a for sale add. Anyway, it's a unique hull. Post up some pictures. Your closest build comparison would be the CRC 60" MTI. Several of those have been built up as single and twin electric here on the OSE forum as well as the facebook groups.
    Good call I?ll look up CRC MTI?s on here and I?ll try to snap some pics tomorrow. I got mine directly from MTI and I know of a few others that did too, maybe one ended up on here