Thread: Battery trays

Default Battery trays

What can I put on my battery trays to help keep my batteries from sliding around.
    the battery trays are shiny carbon fiber and really slippery, I would like to find something to stick on or glue onto the trays to create a bit of friction.
    I-really don?t want to use hook and loop tape if I can help it.

I was going to suggest the super thin Velcro-like hook & loop (not actual velcro, it's much better...plus, the super thin type is half the thickness), but, if that's not acceptable, then adhering a thin strip of neoprene to the battery tray should take care of the problem, as long as you're still using straps to hold the battery down.

Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

I use thin craft foam form that purpose. What might be better yet would be to get one of those thin rubber sheets you put on the dash of your car to keep your phone from sliding around. Just cut it to fit on your tray. Soapy water will make it tacky again.

I don’t like Velcro because of the location of my batteries it makes them really difficult to remove, with that said I like the idea of a thin rubber the likes of what comes on some of the ready to run boats where do you get this stuff.

Go to Home Depot or the like and look for a roll of thin rug anti slip tape. Its perfect for things like this, and even works with my helicopters. Place the tape on the tray side, and it will lock the pack down tightly with just a small amount of pressure on the pack from a small velcro strap around it. I agree, trying to pull packs out of a sponson or the nose of the boat held down by velcro as an attachment source on the packs or tray itself is terrible! This solution only needs to place a little pressure on the pack, and the grip tape rubber will do the rest of the work https://www.homedepot.com/p/ROBERTS-...-545/100658264

You can also find anti slip tape under the brand "gecko tape" which I used for many years in my hobbies, but it started to get quite expensive at most places and the rug tape works 95% as good if you cant get the real gecko stuff