I stated a tread not to long ago asking if rewiring a motor gives the can more power.

After reading the response my take away was that the new Leopard have to more powerful than the older ones.

I bought my first Leopard in 2016 after researching about how much power they had. I bought 3 Leopards that year. At the time I had some friends who also was into the hobby. We used to race every Sunday and we did that for a while. Over the years we had learn how to get our boats faster.

As the desire for more speed weighted on me, I began doing more researches for a faster motor at what I felt was a decent price. So my research lead me to getting a TP brushless motor, the TP's held many Namba records at the time, so I bought one in 2018. A 4060 1950kv.

From my experience I was getting more speed with the Leopards. Example I had a leopard 4074 1800kv which I manage to get a better speed than I got with my TP. Bear in mind I was using an abc 2014 3 blade on 4s in the same boat. With just a change in motor, the TP having a higher kv, a bigger can, decent lipos, the smaller Leopard still was faster.

So all my Leopards was faster than the TP. Where I would say the TP was better than the Leopard is for oval racing, it ran cooler than the leopard.

Back to the topic about Leopard making more powerful motors. I bought a new leopard 4092 2080kv, and I received it last week. I did some datalogs with it to compare against my older Leopard 4092 2080kv. What I found the two motor are very close in power 200amps and unders. When the amp draw exceeds 200 amps the new leopard separates it's self from the older version. The separations increases as the amps increase over 200amps.

I have datalogs saved as evidence of my claims.

Here is an example the older 4092 2080kv have its kv down to 1312 rpm/v at 290amps.

On the other hand the new Leopard 4092 2080kv, have its kv at 1555 rpm/v at 290amps.

I can picture the new Leopard setting saw records. By the new Leopards are more powerful than the TP's.