Thread: Water sucking tube from prop

Question Water sucking tube from prop

Hi guys!

How does work such a tube with cooling intake from a prop ? Does it suck up only splashes? How effective is it?

I don't have enough cooling on my hydro boat Dr Super-Evil and I'm thinking of using this option. The water intake from the rudder is not enough, and the intake from the bottom is difficult to implement due to the design of the hull.

Sca78150d6123488aa65a8b7ef03f62e.jpg
    Last edited by Ivan Kozyakov; 02-29-2024 at 09:39 AM.

These prop blast pickups can be effective so long as they are properly placed in the prop rooster tail. Usually I am not a fan of these for FE boats as the spray can be inconsistent compared to a rudder pickup.
    Tyler Garrard
    NAMBA 639/IMPBA 20525
    T-Hydro @ 142.94mph former WR

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Kozyakov View Post
    Hi guys!

How does work such a tube with cooling intake from a prop ? Does it suck up only splashes? How effective is it?

I don't have enough cooling on my hydro boat Dr Super-Evil and I'm thinking of using this option. The water intake from the rudder is not enough, and the intake from the bottom is difficult to implement due to the design of the hull.

Sca78150d6123488aa65a8b7ef03f62e.jpg
    it's a prop wash pick up should be placed at 2 PM to catch the spray off the prop , on a left rotating prop ,,the only good thing about them is if you run nitro or gas and you run the boat up on the beach and the azz is in the water it might save your engine , , use threw hulls or rudder pick up for best reliability

Thanks for your advice, I'll give up on this solution. I will try to take water from the bottom.