Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mini V is a Awesome Little Boat!!

steve where did you get the turn fins you used on youe mini-v did you make them or buy them

I cut them out of aluminum I bought at the hobby shop. Its quite easy to work with aluminum in this gauge of metal. A pair of cutters and a file will do wonders.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

has anyone figured out what the shaft size in on the mini-v? I was lookin on the site and was wondering if the prop adapter for the zig-zag would work if you were to make a new threaded propshaft. that is if the stock one is 2MM. it would be simple to make a new shaft out of a 2mm piece of paino wire if I can find one.

Steven,

when you put the flex drive in you mini v how did you get the prop shaft thru the strudder because the only way is seems to fit is to remove the brass sleeves? did you have to remove the brass sleeves from the rudder and if so how did you take up the extra space because mine seems to fit really loosely. also is there a way to put the teflon sleeve into the stuffing tube with the flex shaft?

Yes I removed the stock metal bushings in the strut and put a piece of 5/32" k&s tubing to take up the space.

"Similar" to this build
    https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...ight=blackjack
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Default Mini vee is awesome.

Dumb idea!
    Last edited by FRED; 02-17-2008 at 09:52 PM.

thanks steven. that was the missing peice of the puzzle.

hi,

im thinking of getting a small boat as my first rc boat but wasnt sure what to get. it was out of the reef racer 2 or the mini v. it sounds like you guys love the mini v but i like the idea of the reef racers self-righting hull. i plan to upgarde to brushless after i get used to the stock. any suggestions would be great

thanks

matt

hey guys, I have 2 mini v's which are awesome fun. One took a tiny hit the other day, and has now lost major power. I have ruled out batt, driveline etc so I think the motor threw a brush

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12