Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Now accepting Canard plans

Here's a few more pictures:

Found Here
    IMPBA: 7-Time FE World Record Holder "Don't think outside the box. Rather, refuse to admit that the box exists in the first place!"

MGM Controllers - Giant Power Lipos - ML Boatworks - Wholt's Wire Drives & Struts - Nano-Oil

Here are some more, pulled from a German site. Thank you Diegoboy for downloading the pictures!

post34a.jpg post34b.jpg
    post01.jpg post19.jpgpost35.jpg
    IMPBA: 7-Time FE World Record Holder "Don't think outside the box. Rather, refuse to admit that the box exists in the first place!"

MGM Controllers - Giant Power Lipos - ML Boatworks - Wholt's Wire Drives & Struts - Nano-Oil

Original CAD concept:
    post31.jpg

In the mid to late 80's a guy in the Capitol RCers in the Washington, DC/VA area bought the rights to the Fisher Canard and built it for years. I knew and raced with this guy (can't rmember his name Mike something - getting to damn old), for many years. Mike's personal Carnard was very fast, but also did not like rough water.

Initially the advantage of the Canard was that it was faster than a cat boat, but handled very much like a cat. The problem with the boat was that the setup was very, very touchy and they crashed a lot. Then the "bent fin" on the rigger came along and either caught up with or almost caught up with the Carnard's handling, but the rigger was faster.

Great info!!! Do you have any pictures from that timeframe? Also, if you wouldn't mind, could you share in detail some of the design changes you employed with the team over the years?

I'm very excited to hear your input since you have hands on knowledge about this hull design.

Thanks!

Sorry, I knew Mike well, talked with him about his Canards, and I raced with/against him all the time - but never ran them myself.

I can tell you that many of his customers would complain that he was not giving out all he knew about the setup of the hull. I watched him show people the setup measurements on his hull, but the bottom line is the hull as very touchy. The Fisher style Canard was the very thin lined design, especially the "nose" of the hull and it nose dived easily. However; during that time period I never saw a faster boat of any type than Mike's own Canard that he raced.

Later I saw "thicker" Canard models on the market, such as the Aeromarine and others, that were not a "touchy" as the Fisher - but they were never as fast. Mike was out of manufacturing and boating years before I left after 1999. He could tell you all about that hull, but I never saw him again after he left the club.

Well, here's another Canard for sale: http://www.wheelspinmodels.co.uk/boa...ss-RTR__15134/

Cool

The molds for the Fisher canard were for sale 15 years ago, perhaps the guy who was trying to sell them knows more.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...www.google.com

More pics:

Last edited by Fluid; 03-08-2011 at 02:55 PM.
    ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Jay, that goes back a while. What else are you holding under you hat?

I didn't think my Floating Duck thread would ever come back up, but sure enough it did. I ended up posting the pictures I was holding.

Great pictures!

where can i see more on this boat?

Which boat? This thread is almost three years old....

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Yes, missed seeing this one. Which one are you asking about?

This is my Stilleto Canard,back in the mid late 96'sStilleto Pico 13cc x.jpg

Any chance you have more pics of the pink Fisher Canard?
    Thanks

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123