Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: E1 Seabird

Today's session didn't prove anything startling, but it goes well enough at half throttle. I am printing a huge spacer for next time so the jet outflow will be right out the water.
    CB24 E1 tr_00_02_30_13-4-2024 19_57_19.jpg

https://youtu.be/SbCSUI2pgLs?si=svH8EVHscyhvuv77

Quote Originally Posted by Returntohome View Post
    Now she looks great in the water!! Really nice.
    So I guess the next question is runtime. Because I assume that is why the full-size went with the foils.

E1 hydrofoil

Testing on the lake yesterday, it wasn't what I was expecting, very unstable. It took me all morning to realise what was wrong, I kept noticing a silver stream from the right foil under the water, added to which more spray on that side. So when I moved them forward the right side must have been set at a steeper trim angle. I needed a way to prove it, I decided I needed to hang the boat from it's nose which turned out to be very easy and effective, see photo. With my biggest set square I found the right foil to be 2.5mm further forward. I now have a way to get them equally set up. Whilst hanging I noticed some distortion on the surface, which must have happened due to travelling at speed under water . Luckily I made the sections removable, so it was easy to file and sand then repaint.
    I will add yesterday's video, see if you can see what I saw.

https://youtu.be/LiIbwDoU9fc?si=30SmtjKeUnzvXQMb20240505_162154.jpg

Yup it does definitely look like one side is up ahead of the other. And a little spray here and there ahead.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12