Thread: 58mm Motor Mount

Default 58mm Motor Mount

Okay, one last question yall. I'm putting in a TP Power 5870 (58x123mm can), and having a hard time finding a 58mm mount. Anyone know if the OSE 56mm mount for 5" rails would work? 30mm 6 bolt pattern
    https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pr...prod=ose-83403

Thanks!

If you go with a 5680, you'll have more mounting options. Can't say I know anything about what you're building, but just an idea to consider.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Gas->Electric conversion for my old Prather 46" Deep Vee. Probably went a bit overboard with the motor, but no going back now20240130_190242.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by GeckoDragon View Post
    Gas->Electric conversion for my old Prather 46" Deep Vee. Probably went a bit overboard with the motor, but no going back now20240130_190242.jpg
    I'm not sure of a mount with rear support ring for a 58mm can. Mounts for Lehner motors are for 60mm cans. You may have to custom make something, as I'm not aware of any off-the-shelf mounting options for a 58mm can. It's possible this one https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pr...d=ose-80974-v3 could be helpful, as it uses an o-ring on the rear support. I'm not sure if there's enough clearance, but you could possibly order a 1mm thinner o-ring and make that work?

And not a question you asked, but just those two Zee packs in series aren't going to be capable of supporting very much power. That motor could demand 4-500A propped hard enough and while your ESC can dish it out, I guarantee those batteries cannot. I just don't want you to be disappointed if your electric conversion doesn't have the power you expect. That's the first place to look harder at.

Thanks for the feedback. Agree about the Zee packs. Not what I plan on running, but I got them for a song from a relative and figured I could at least use them to test things. The plan is to run a pair of 10 or 15Ah 4s in series for 8s, probably CNHL

This TFL HOBBY motor mount is made for 56mm and 58mm motors

Temp 48419...JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Alfa Spirit View Post
    This TFL HOBBY motor mount is made for 56mm and 58mm motors

Temp 48419...JPG
    That looks a lot like the one I linked to with the o-ring rear support, only without the top cross brace. Possible that o-ring rear support is only added to reduce the 58mm design to 56mm?

Can you provide a link to it?

Quote Originally Posted by tbonemcniel View Post
    That looks a lot like the one I linked to with the o-ring rear support, only without the top cross brace. Possible that o-ring rear support is only added to reduce the 58mm design to 56mm?
    Can it be reduced to a 56mm design even if the function remains unchanged?