Thread: New builder question

Default New builder question

I’m putting together a Delta Force Vortex 34. I’m sure this will be the first of many questions.

i noticed in quite a few pictures what appears to be a rubber boot inside the hull around the stuffing tube. Can’t seem to find one and don’t even know what you call it.

thanks for any help

I usually run teflon liners inside of the brass stuffing tube, and don't often have water ingress issues. When I do, sometimes I'll use a small piece of silicone hose or shrink wrap slipped over the end of the stuffing tube to act as a seal. Other builders sometimes use a bearing block to support the flex cable and maintain alignment. The only other thing I could imagine you're talking about is a flooded well install where a larger diameter tube used to house the stuffing tube, giving it room to be adjusted up and down as it exists the the transom at the real of the boat.
    Last edited by fweasel; 01-16-2024 at 05:53 PM.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Thank you for the reply. I ordered the Teflon liner. I kept seeing a cover on the floor of the hull around the shaft. Looked like a purpose built piece, but I get the general concept. Thanks for the tip on the Teflon