Thread: Genesis R Model motor Kv ?

Post Genesis R Model motor Kv ?

I have an R model Genesis with the two 4082 SSS motors - is there anyone who might know the Kv of these motors? The paperwork that comes with these boats is worthless.
    Thank you in advance.

i can be a 2200kv,tfl sells them as an upgrade

Cool Genesis Motor Kv

Quote Originally Posted by koen View Post
    i can be a 2200kv,tfl sells them as an upgrade
    Koen thank you for your reply - I have been running the boat with 4S batts and it seems a bit slow to me. Will try 5S as I do not believe 6S batteries will fit in the boat. If the motors are 2200kv 6S might be too much anyhow?

you can run the motors on 6s but check temps and for props 43mm is max prop dia (a set of ABC 1715-17 give a lot of speed) it take some time and testing to find the sweet spot

Default Genesis Props/motor Kv

Quote Originally Posted by koen View Post
    you can run the motors on 6s but check temps and for props 43mm is max prop dia (a set of ABC 1715-17 give a lot of speed) it take some time and testing to find the sweet spot
    Thanks again Koen. Locating a set of those ABC props will not be easy but I will give it a shot. I do have a set of ABC 1815 -17 so I could try those while checking the heat. Maybe try them with
    5S first and then sixes if I can get them in and out of the boat. Those are a tight fit.

Is this your boat? https://tflnorthamerica.com/product/...fshore-rudder/

If so you are looking at 2075kv. I can’t find the spec sheet but I would say yes to 6s as a SAW build if you could make it fit. Now prop size will be important also those seaking 180s will get hot if you are not careful. They recommend 2 4s packs but I think that is because of fitment not the motors or esc limits. The Zonda runs on 6s with the same setup, actually I think the Zonda comes like 2200kv. Again 6s would be a drag style setup not for sporting around.

Attached Images Attached Images

Default Genesis/Zonda?

Quote Originally Posted by PlayerUnknown069 View Post
    Is this your boat? https://tflnorthamerica.com/product/...fshore-rudder/

If so you are looking at 2075kv. I can?t find the spec sheet but I would say yes to 6s as a SAW build if you could make it fit. Now prop size will be important also those seaking 180s will get hot if you are not careful. They recommend 2 4s packs but I think that is because of fitment not the motors or esc limits. The Zonda runs on 6s with the same setup, actually I think the Zonda comes like 2200kv. Again 6s would be a drag style setup not for sporting around.
    Player thanks for the reply. I believe what i have is the Zonda with the blue and gray paint scheme. I think i will stick with four or five S in it as that is fast enough. I have a few other boats for speed that I can slip those six S batts into. Again thank you.

ALfa - Thank you for your reply. I do believe what I have is the Zonda with all the trimmings. In any case I will stick with four or five S as I mentioned in my reply to Player and use the other boats for six S.