Thread: MHZ Mystic 114 recommendation GFK, C-AFK, or CFK?

Default MHZ Mystic 114 recommendation GFK, C-AFK, or CFK?

Looking at ordering an MHZ Mystic 114 likely the pre-assembled kit which is on sale. Is the standard GFK enough? Is the C-AFK or CFK worth the extra cost?

Open to recommendations, thank you all.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayerUnknown069 View Post
    Looking at ordering an MHZ Mystic 114 likely the pre-assembled kit which is on sale. Is the standard GFK enough? Is the C-AFK or CFK worth the extra cost?

Open to recommendations, thank you all.
    GfK for about 120kph crash resistance.
    But I can tell from experience that you better buy a cfk ,it's worth it if you crash your paint job stays on and your hull is still in one piece.
    I did the carbon and cfk inlay after a crash.
    So better spend a bit more money.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn CPH2409 met Tapatalk

Did the inlay ckf at the side's ,and carbon overall.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn CPH2409 met Tapatalk

Be wary of the MHZ build quality. I heard they're not built like they used to be. I took the chance, and mine was not built like they used to be. My build shows some of the what has been coined "shoddyness".

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com...stic-114-build

My opinion, get the glass one. Save money.

Easier to get the carbon inlay done now and have the stronger hull instead of realizing you needed it later.

I have seen some pretty bad install work from MHZ on the prebuilt hulls. I suggest you build it yourself, or, set your expectations low.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Love that air brushed hull. Was the hull originally GFK or CFK from MHZ?

This is seriously disappointing to hear. I was expecting way better quality than what you received.

Quote Originally Posted by BUMBLESPECIMOODA View Post
    Be wary of the MHZ build quality. I heard they're not built like they used to be. I took the chance, and mine was not built like they used to be. My build shows some of the what has been coined "shoddyness".

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com...stic-114-build

My opinion, get the glass one. Save money.

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    Easier to get the carbon inlay done now and have the stronger hull instead of realizing you needed it later.

I have seen some pretty bad install work from MHZ on the prebuilt hulls. I suggest you build it yourself, or, set your expectations low.
    Are you referring to their pre-assembled 114? That’s the option I was looking at. Damn all these comments have me second guessing. I might as well get a damn Zonda.

There is another alternative to the 114, the Kulz exocet 125 would be my money in this size range if looking for a new hull.

There are some undrilled GFK hulls with rudder and a few other bits included for 300 euro around in Germany....

Even a GFK with a carbon kevlar inlay that looks very good for 300 euro.
    Hpr 06 / 09 / 150 /185, Mhz Skater H45 hydro.
    Uk SAW record holder

Quote Originally Posted by vvviivvv View Post
    There is another alternative to the 114, the Kulz exocet 125 would be my money in this size range if looking for a new hull.

There are some undrilled GFK hulls with rudder and a few other bits included for 300 euro around in Germany....

With a newborn I don?t the time to build it myself with patience. I was looking for a hull and hardware so my little free time is spent on the water.

How can you even source a hull from Kulz? I can only find his Facebook group. I’m a perfectionist so it sounds like an MHZ is hit or miss and will possibly get me triggered ��

Message him direct on facebook,

I've bought a Excoet 150 from him in the past and the hull was very good quality. There's also a gent in TX that has imported 10+ of his hulls that might have one for sale i know he has a bunch of the mono's but im unsure about any cats.
    Hpr 06 / 09 / 150 /185, Mhz Skater H45 hydro.
    Uk SAW record holder

Side question, Castle Hydra X or XLX2 for a 45” cat? Motors are Leopard 4092 2080kv.

This is seriously disappointing to hear. I was expecting way better quality than what you received.
    I did not intend to bring negativity, only warning.

Awesome of you for providing alternatives.

How can you even source a hull from Kulz? I can only find his Facebook group. I?m a perfectionist so it sounds like an MHZ is hit or miss and will possibly get me triggered 😂
    Not being a Facebook member, I hate Facebook shops with links that don't work, and no way of contacting them, unless you join Facebook. like Model Boat Pirate. Wish I could browse his goods.

Side question, Castle Hydra X or XLX2 for a 45? cat? Motors are Leopard 4092 2080kv.
    I'm going with the Hydra XLX2's and SSS 4092's.

You can't browse the MBP website because Joe closed the business last year.

Manfred Kulz is not a business, he's a retired guy that does great composite layup work. I've only ever contacted and done business with him via facebook messenger.

Definitely XLX2's in a 45" cat.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    You can't browse the MBP website because Joe closed the business last year.

Manfred Kulz is not a business, he's a retired guy that does great composite layup work. I've only ever contacted and done business with him via facebook messenger.

Definitely XLX2's in a 45" cat.
    Closed for business...That explains it. Thanks.

Manfred's work looks very nice, from what I've seen.
    I'm also a retired composite man, un-retired to build my own personal boats. My hands hurt.

I reached out to Kulz and got a quote via Facebook. The Exocet 125 is honestly larger than I want considering my local lakes and then the cost of hull and hardware in euros converted to USD is just way out of my budget comfort range. Beautiful work though but I’ll have to go with MHZ just because of cost.