Thread: Gas to Electric Conversion - What do I need? 45" AC Razor

Default Gas to Electric Conversion - What do I need? 45" AC Razor

Just finished up a build of a new AC Razor 45 with Zenoah 260 with all new Speedmaster gear on the back. I've got two outings with it and then all the sudden the idea came to light about a conversion to electric and get rid of the gas setup all together. I'm just tired of the smell (and I'm using white gas and Benol), excess support gear, headache etc.

A few questions for the group:

-What electronics would be needed to get me into the mid 60's in good water?
    -Size motor
    -Size ESC
    -Batteries: 4, 5, 6S?
    -What "C" rating?
    -Other parts

I've had my share of experience with electric planes and understand watts/amps, throttle management = longer run time, higher pitch = more amps needed etc, and the ESC, motor and battery have to be able to support each. Lazy fliers can get away with a lower "C" rating, where an acrobat needs the higher and so forth.

If you can point me in the right direction with those questions, I'd be most grateful.

for a motor an SSS 56104 or a TP5670 and for esc a V1 ZTW 300 batteries 8 ,10 or 12s for c rating you need very good batts CNHHL,SMC and in europe SLS these are perfect for race boats(C 70,90 and for SLS 50)and then you find a good prop start with 54mm and all you need you find at OSE

Much obliged. Did some looking over those items and starting to get a ballpark estimate. Its certainly not cheap but it was also expected.