Thread: Mono listing to one side

Default Mono listing to one side

I have an aeromarine Titan 29 that is giving me issues leaning hard to one side while I?m on the throttle Or even half throttle. This boat has a 3650 1500kv motor on 6s I run 2 3s 5000mah packs on each side of the motor. I had first started out with an m445 prop which went 51mph but on its side. I then dropped the prop size down to a 440/3 to see if it was torque rolling on me but no change. The strut is about 3/8 up from the bottom so the prop is not very deep in the water. Trim tabs are neutral and turn fins are strait and on the smaller side. I have 2 other Titan 29s running 4s and similar speeds with similar or bigger props with no issues. I have only seen this one other time with a friends 53 inch delta mono doing the same exact thing.

Sounds like weight distribution isn't an issue. Is CoG similar between your 4S and 6S setups? I assume it's laying down on the starboard side? Is it torque steering also? Any chance there's a hook in the ride pad on the bottom of the hull? I had to offset the strut (from the keel) on a hull I couldn't get to run true.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Lower the trim tab on the side that it is leaning on. It should help. I agree with the post above, I think it's a bottom issue. You might have to do some filling and then sand flat.

Yes it is on the starboard side. I’m running CG a little bit further forward on this one since it is a little bit faster and more powerful than the others. No torque steering with the small or big prop. This hull doesn’t have a ride pad like a delta force does it is just a standard keel V shape but I will check it to see if it has any hook.

Ok so I just checked both boats (I bought the 53 delta from my friend). The Titan has a small lump of epoxy on the bottom of the keel on the opposing side from which it is leaning. I am going to sand this down and see if it changes anything. The big 53 delta the bottom seems pretty strait however there is a dual water pickup that is through the hull and it is on the starboard side as well.

You're welcome. Now sell me the Epic.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    You're welcome. Now sell me the Epic.
    Haha it’s just hanging out ready for a box.

I actually just got some batteries the other day adequate enough to drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by BlakeT View Post
    I have an aeromarine Titan 29 that is giving me issues leaning hard to one side while I?m on the throttle Or even half throttle. This boat has a 3650 1500kv motor on 6s I run 2 3s 5000mah packs on each side of the motor. I had first started out with an m445 prop which went 51mph but on its side. I then dropped the prop size down to a 440/3 to see if it was torque rolling on me but no change. The strut is about 3/8 up from the bottom so the prop is not very deep in the water. Trim tabs are neutral and turn fins are strait and on the smaller side. I have 2 other Titan 29s running 4s and similar speeds with similar or bigger props with no issues. I have only seen this one other time with a friends 53 inch delta mono doing the same exact thing.
    You might check where the strut is mounted. If the driveshaft comes out the transom just a bit to left of centerline it will cause the issue you have.