Thread: Display stands

Default Display stands

Hello gents,

I'm looking at ways to display some of my boat's, i have space in the garage and thinking to run a continuous counter top on the back wall which is currently unoccupied (luckily my parents have a farm for all the actual wrenching)

Ideally i'd like to display my larger boats and maybe a couple smaller hulls

Arrow shark have these (shame this isn't just a stand as i like them)

Anyone have some ideas / suggestions? Would prefer to avoid wood - i.e. stainless / aluminium or CF etc.

I"d like to display my HPR's, Mystic skater and maybe my sport hydro and a few smaller oval race boats

Attached Images Attached Images
    Hpr 06 / 09 / 150 /185, Mhz Skater H45 hydro.
    Uk SAW record holder

ETTI do a couple of nice polycarbonate/carbon stands for the smaller race boats, probably wouldn't work on the bigger boats, but the end plates are just flat sheets so would be fairly simple to use the rods and fittings and make custom ends to suit what you need.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

The least costly...and, one of the easiest & best...ways of going about this is to make your own, from PVC tubing & pool noodle. Granted, the two images below show PVC tubing & pool noodle being used inside of a storage/transport case...but, the general idea can easily be modified into a stand.

For the cost of buying one "manufactured" stand, your can easily build yourself 5-6 stands, if not more. Add a few dollars more, and you can "beautify" the stands with paint, to make them whatever color you want.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

Does anyone know what the clamps that make up the arrowshark units are called? honestly thinking about drawing up my own bases and having some machined out (what clamp the pipe together)

And yes - had thought about the PVC route, would just like it to be a little more quality finish, i have quite a nice display of racing memorabilia - wings / side skirts off a le mans winning Aston martin etc
    Uk SAW record holder

Did some quick searching. Most pipe clamps are your 'usual'...but, I did find some high-quality chrome one. They're made by Gibraltar. However, they are anything but cheap...talking $23-27 per unit. Needing 12 per stand, that's approx $300 per stand just for the pipe clamps.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

i Think ill get one of each from arrow shark and see if i can spot weld the billet CG adjust one, they seem fairly decent value for money....
    Uk SAW record holder

Just food for thought. Not a stand per say, more of a wall mount. My friend makes these for me out of a few pieces of wood and some foam weatherstrip. He's made them for a 60" and 72" V-bottom hull as well.

PXL_20231218_145838205.jpg PXL_20231218_145849652.jpg
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    Just food for thought. Not a stand per say, more of a wall mount. My friend makes these for me out of a few pieces of wood and some foam weatherstrip. He's made them for a 60" and 72" V-bottom hull as well.

PXL_20231218_145838205.jpg PXL_20231218_145849652.jpg
    Gotta admit, that looks awesome.

Just curious...but, what prevents them from sliding/falling off? From that side-via photo, I can't see anything actually 'holding' the boat.

Hi fweasel,

If you could send some more pics of them, that would be great.

A few of them and the arrowshark stands would make for a great display.
    Uk SAW record holder

Here are the only pictures I have at the moment. The mounts for cats and hydro's is just and angles cleat. The v-bottom mounts are more of a cradle design.

This was a 1/8th scale mount for a Miss Budweiser hydro. Cat mount looks similar, just without the notch for the end of the front sponson
    mount3.jpg

This is a 60" Bonzi Epic.
    mount1.jpg mount2.jpg
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

For big boats electric piano stands I have heard work great.
    OSE GIFTING ELF
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

Multiple guys are using these in their trailers. Lots of adjustment possible. Looks pretty cool too.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/ClosetMa...2844/100619224
    Noisy person

Try marine railing. A store like West Marine. Loads of s/s fittings - 90's, 45's, straight, some clamp, some use set screws, etc