Thread: 72 inch Renegade Cigarette

Default 72 inch Renegade Cigarette

I would like to thank Offshore Electric's for all the assistance and parts supplied do do this huge project . Merry Xmass!!!!! Luv the old school offshore boats ,This is a Tribute to Don Aronow the King of offshore.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by boatsareus; 12-16-2023 at 11:32 AM. Reason: add photos

I love the OSE shout out and couldn't agree more. Also, more pics of the boat, yes please...

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Where do the props come from?
    Hpr 06 / 09 / 150 /185, Mhz Skater H45 hydro.
    Uk SAW record holder

Arrow Shark props for show only

Exactly what im looking for... wish they did some stainless steel ones - the ones i have from propshop are pretty poorly cast in stainless
    Uk SAW record holder

Have to agree, that is one sweeeeeeet boat. One of these days, I hope to have something in that size range. For now, 34-36" is my...but, I am planning something (probably a good 2-3 years down the road) in the 40-50" range.

Truth-be-told, I didn't even know about offshore powerboats, or offshore powerboat racing, until Don Johnson got involved during his "Miami Vice" days (to the point he was World Champion in the Superboat class in 1988). I have been fascinated with offshore powerboats every since (but, still haven't had the opportunity to ride on one). Speaking of Hollywood legends & offshore powerboats, Chuck Norris was, for a few years, the pilot of the Popeye's catamaran, although he never did as well as Johnson.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

Maybe abc propeller or Octura offers stainless in 3 blades but Arrow Shark are the only ones that balance and polish automatically . I believe OSE has a huge selection of cnc that look stainless

Very nice build
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Strange. It's like I'm commenting on two separate threads...

Thanks for the pics. Amazing build, looks great! Have you run it yet?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Not yet, waiting for more electrical parts

Quote Originally Posted by boatsareus View Post
    Not yet, waiting for more electrical parts
    ?????

It already has motors, ESCs, cap packs, and servos. What "electrical parts" could you be waiting for (other than, possibly, batteries)?

Speaking of servos, that's an 'interesting' servo configuration. Why two? Why not just use one more-powerful servo?

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

Y harnesses for batteries and a radio / receiver missing. As for the servos they are powerful but wanted insurance .Cant buy a servo bigger that has the same power that these do .Remember the boat is big and there are two drives 6 inches back with bending 1/4 inch flex cables very stiff .

Quote Originally Posted by boatsareus View Post
    Y harnesses for batteries and a radio / receiver missing. As for the servos they are powerful but wanted insurance .Cant buy a servo bigger that has the same power that these do .Remember the boat is big and there are two drives 6 inches back with bending 1/4 inch flex cables very stiff .
    Are you running 4 batteries (ie. 2 per ESC)? As for the service, what's the specs, including scale (and the voltage you'll be running them at)?

Quote Originally Posted by vvviivvv View Post
    Exactly what im looking for... wish they did some stainless steel ones - the ones i have from propshop are pretty poorly cast in stainless
    I s Simon/prop shop,, selling SS props again

Yes, takes a while and wasn't blown away by the quality, this was some 4 blade 65mm props, i had some 3 blade 45mm and 2 blade 47mm from back in the 2010-2011 area and quality was a lot higher.
    Uk SAW record holder