Thread: Aeromarine challenger 48 builds

Default Aeromarine challenger 48 builds

Who here has built these challenger 48s as an electric boat? Curious to see some builds and wanted to convert my gas over to electric.

the 48 is a very loose boat with the high free board , I built them with 26 zenoah and would slap side to side at hi speeds,, might work better with the weight of a couple of 56mm cans make sure you reinforce that bad boy

Quote Originally Posted by dasboata View Post
    the 48 is a very loose boat with the high free board , I built them with 26 zenoah and would slap side to side at hi speeds,, might work better with the weight of a couple of 56mm cans make sure you reinforce that bad boy
    I will keep the weight in mind thanks Chris! They are just such awesome looking boats.

Quote Originally Posted by BlakeT View Post
    I will keep the weight in mind thanks Chris! They are just such awesome looking boats.
    Put some pics up of the48,,,I’m a big Aeromarine. Fan When AM was in NY we had all the club meetings at there shop ,Remy Sr taught me a lot. Of tips for trimming his boats ,

Quote Originally Posted by dasboata View Post
    Put some pics up of the48,,,I’m a big Aeromarine. Fan When AM was in NY we had all the club meetings at there shop ,Remy Sr taught me a lot. Of tips for trimming his boats ,
    Will do! Yea I am huge fan or AM as well that’s mostly what I have. Right now I have about 40 AM hulls and love them.

Will do! Yea I am huge fan or AM as well that’s mostly what I have. Right now I have about 40 AM hulls and love them.
    my favorites in order 36 sprint cat 43 challenger ,,,and the Vector ,,do you have any 36" cats you might want to get rid of ? I was the 1st person to run the 43 challenger surface drive in the 80'

That’s awesome you were the first to try out a surface drive on the challenger 43, I have 3 of them all are electric and they are very fast. I have 2 sprint 36s but I have not planned on selling them just yet. One is a NOS older style sprint 36 that fits the batteries in the sponsons easier new no holes drilled in it.

Very fast and handle like a bastard ,,,,,,,,true story,,, Remy Sr told me it would not work !!! as did Gary Crother/Seaducer

That’s awesome you were the first to try out a surface drive on the challenger 43, I have 3 of them all are electric and they are very fast. I have 2 sprint 36s but I have not planned on selling them just yet. One is a NOS older style sprint 36 that fits the batteries in the sponsons easier new no holes drilled in it.
    LMK when you want to sell the 36 SC

I have a 48" ML Boatworks mono that I took the 30cc modified Gizmo engine out of and installed an SSS 56123 700kv motor, Seal 300a ESC, and I'm running on 12s so I can use the same props that I used for the gas engine. It runs the same speed and a little faster on electric. Around 65 mph.
    On this FE setup the motor and esc don't hardly even get warm so I'm sure it's a bit overkill but I haven't checked the logs yet either.
    My batteries are pretty worn out from years of heli use so I imagine new batteries in the 5000 to 7000 mAh range would make a ton of difference. 325727246_845466506533703_5084798763550206154_n s.jpg