Thread: Water outlet hole

Default Water outlet hole

What do the professional FEers use to plug a hole in fiberglass hull where 1/4 outlet was located?

I'll hang up and listen.

Zondar
    Traxxas Spartan, RCBB Zonda-R, Promarine MTR, Proboat IMP 31 v3, PB UL-19, Bonzai FE 47 Skater

I leave them installed and place a rubber vacuum cap on the inside, assuming they aren't in the way of anything. The unused fitting looks better than an ugly patched hole IMO, unless I'm also planning on painting or wrapping the boat. In that case I tape over the hole on the outside of the boat, and repair from the inside with FG cloth and some epoxy resin, then sand smooth

Thanks X,
    I'd have to cut nipple side to use unused.
    Trying to make room for battery and water lines.
    Traxxas Spartan, RCBB Zonda-R, Promarine MTR, Proboat IMP 31 v3, PB UL-19, Bonzai FE 47 Skater

Thanks B1,
    might work.
    no dimensions on ose site.

I have a few of those laying around. The inner hole and plug portion is about 7mm/.27 inches, so should be very close to the hole already in your boat. The overall diameter out the edge of the rubber is about 11mm/.43 inches
    Attached Images Attached Images

Much appreciate , Will order ASAP.

Happy Holidays.

Z

If it's just temporary, then I leave the outlet nipple, and squirt some hot glue inside.

For a more permanent solution, I remove the nipple, epoxy a piece of carbon fiber cloth inside, then fill the exterior hole with Marine Tex. Marine Tex being white is one of the reasons most of my boats are white, so patch jobs aren't as noticeable when I don't paint!

Thanks tbone,
    suggestions always appreciated
    Happy Holidays!
    Z